Contact us

Bulgaria BULGARIA 2023 - not taking part

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

A-lister

Veteran
As I said previously, I still think the lame a** entry in 2022 was a pretext and a bad excuse for withdrawal this year xcry

I hope it's not true however... If it was really about corruption, then send Chalga finally, they have money and would be the ultimate slutbop we all know we need next summer!

hijirio

Veteran
I miss Pre-2013 Bulgaria xheart xheart They always brought the charm to the contest.
2017-2022 tho............ absolute lacklustre

hijirio

Veteran
Musically and culturally Bulgaria is my favorite country in Europe and it really sucks to see them bring such cheap soulless entries to ESC. I am dying to support them but every year I am more and more disappointed.

Mimmon

Veteran
Since Bulgaria doesn't participate in Junior Eurovision 2022, people fearing the same faith as Eurovision 2023 aswell that they withdraw it...I don't wanna them to withdraw tbh.

A-lister

Veteran
I miss Pre-2013 Bulgaria xheart xheart They always brought the charm to the contest.
2017-2022 tho............ absolute lacklustre

Charming indeed... :lol:

I can agree though to some degree, Victoria was overrated and 2022... let's forget it ever happened (makes the example posted look like a masterpiece :lol:). 2017 was fine but too polished and too calculated. 2016 however remains the best thing they've sent yet (imho). One can't blame them for not making an effort in 2016-2021 however...

2005-2013 were alot hit or miss, half of it was pretty dire, and the other half was somehow wrongly packaged (except for 2007 which was both a strong song and good presentation).

But I still demand Chalga!!!! Just give it finally!

Last edited:

rasmuslights

Veteran

I can agree though to some degree, Victoria was overrated and 2022... let's forget it ever happened (makes the example posted look like a masterpiece :lol:). 2017 was fine but too polished and too calculated. 2016 however remains the best thing they've sent yet (imho). One can't blame them for not making an effort in 2016-2021 however...

2005-2013 were alot hit or miss, half of it was pretty dire, and the other half was somehow wrongly packaged (except for 2007 which was both a strong song and good presentation).

victoria, kristian kostov, equinox, poli were all amazing tbh. victoria being my fave. among them, so she was underrated in my book. stefania definitely didn't deserve to finish higher than her.

hijirio

Veteran

2009, one of my favorite esc entries xheart

Bulgaria really needs to bring that tribal nomadic feel to their entries, Shum could have easily been a Bulgarian entry.

hijirio

Veteran
Girl please don't withdraw

Biscuit02

Welp, BNT is officialy out, figured as much, it also seems like we won't be back for awhile or potentially ever, Stupid BNT.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Damn that's a shame if they're out. I agree with everything Hiji has said here, their entries since 2017 have been at best lackluster and so overly polished and calculated that they lack any charm and i dare say drip in desperation. That said, it's a real shame they're out. Hopefully when they return a new vision comes with them because I'd love to support them again.

Mainshow

Veteran
This withdrawal hurts me the most.

I can totally see Montenegro and North Macedonia coming back next year or pretty soon (whenever it fits them...geographically, financially...) but this withdrawal sounds so "final". .we already know that they heavily relied on external sponsors but this time it sounds like they weren't even trying to get sponsors on board.

They aren't even trying anymore :(

ESC94

This withdrawal hurts me the most.

I can totally see Montenegro and North Macedonia coming back next year or pretty soon (whenever it fits them...geographically, financially...) but this withdrawal sounds so "final". .we already know that they heavily relied on external sponsors but this time it sounds like they weren't even trying to get sponsors on board.

They aren't even trying anymore :(

Don´t know why but it kinda feels to me they´re a bit butthurt after this years (deserved) flop.

Top Bottom