The more freedom I gain
The less real life I'm recalling​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like It
Reactions: Mrm

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
I'm barely awake at this point (it's nearly 6 am and I haven't slept yet 🤡) but my first impression is that i prefer this over anything they sent past 2016, but it's less on the YES THIS IS SO GOOD side and more on the I DON'T LIKE THE OTHER ENTRIES FROM NEW BULGARIA side

:6: for now. That chorus is low-key criminal for being underwhelming, but i like the verses and the guitar solo

empo21

Veteran
I don't hate it! It's one of those songs I'm indifferent to every year and when they qualifiy it's all "oh, they're in too, how nice", but if they nq I'm all "pretends to be shocked".

Like someone said before, it sounds like a theme song of a series/movie. It's not bad, though. A nice change for Bulgaria, although it might bring a disappointing results. But that depends on the overall quality of the year and :bg: has been lucky with semi allocations lately.

ZoboCamel

That'll be a :5: from me to start off the year. I'm often a big fan of rock entries, but this one feels a little underbaked to me, especially in the choruses. It's at least a pleasant enough listen, but I'm not sure I'll be coming back to actively listen to it.

Will be interesting to see how many rock entries we end up with overall this year :lol:

MooseShoes

Well, I must say this is better than what I was expecting: better than Beautiful Mess, not as enjoyable as Bones, miles behind Poli and light years behind Water.

Qualifying chances? Hard to say. If they can give an energetic performance, it's not out of the question.

Yazy

:2: from me.

Yep, I am not digging this whatsoever.
I can only give props to the production value and effort that they put in but that´s about it.

Biscuit02

Ok so.... actually it's a simple inoffensive rock song, tbh my expectations were rock bottom so this actually turned out better? I guess, still nothing special but atleast I am not ashamed of our entry, I stil think it will likely be a NQ but who knows?

soulm8

People crying Bulgaria trying too hard to win, now crying Bulgaria is not trying. Nice change for this country after some years of mid tempo songs. They will be good live, the lead singer is great live.

ESC94

Well, here we have the very first entry for the ESC 2022, this time it´s not from :al: but from :bg:!! xshock

Since their songs I´ve found on YouTube left me pretty unimpressed I didn´t expect anything but was ready to give them a chance. Well, if there´s one word that would describe my opinion on this song it´s this one: MEH!! xbored

This is a song you can hear while doing other things like ironing your clothes or unloading your dishwasher, it´s not unpleasant but simply not memorable enough for me. Especially the chorus sounds much too weak and powerless for a rock song. The verses sound good but are also more on the bland side. At the beginning I had some issues with the singers voice, but it got slightly better as the song went on.

All in all this just a pretty mediocre rock song, not terrible but just average in every aspect. Since we´re talking about the first entry of the season giving predictions is pretty difficult, but this could be a song no one minds when it reaches the final but no one would miss it either when it´s eliminated in the semi. xshrug

At the moment I give :bg: and their inoffensive rock song :5:, I´ll surely have to downgrade it though when more songs are released. After I kinda liked their songs in 2020 and 2021 this is sadly a step back for me. :confused:

Now I´m really excite for the other songs, the ESC fever is rising for me again. xcheer

Last edited:

Biste

Sounds like the long version to an opening song to a tv show but not bad at all. Rafael's vocals will be very love/hate to people.
The first thing that came to my mind while listening was the Pokémon theme song. Similar vibe in the song.

It could use a little bit more ooomph in my opinion.

nofuxCZ

I appreciate them going for something different this time and the singer has a really great voice.
It's not a bad song, initially I expected something really bad but it turned out to be just this middle of the road, generic rock song - although it's the kind of song which I can hear every weekend played by local unknown bands - so it leaves me really indifferent. The chorus is quite underwhelming and even after 3 listens I struggle to remember any part of the melody - so I fear they might also struggle to qualify with this.

Top Bottom