I don't want to take on the pain
So, I go seek inner signs, or a calling
The more freedom I gain
The less real life I'm recalling​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like It
Reactions: Mrm

Biscuit02

What do you think of him?, he won The Voice of Bulgaria 2 years ago and I like him and his voice in general,would be really cool to see him represent us in 2022.

Edit: Or alternatively we could see a national final, I kinda miss us having one and it would spice things up.

Last edited:

Biscuit02

I hadn't even heard of them honestly, but wow I really like this and definitely wouldn't mind them representing us, but as I said it would best if we went back to having National Finals, it would make things really interesting.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I hadn't even heard of them honestly, but wow I really like this and definitely wouldn't mind them representing us, but as I said it would best if we went back to having National Finals, it would make things really interesting.
I don't agree. why switch to something that didn't work with something that made Bulgaria a eurovision powerhouse. They should continue doing what they're doing.

AlekS

Veteran
Imho, they already have capacities to host a great NF in 2022. The question is whether they want to spend money, or keep holding jury-bait Milanov in their basement.

I am pro-NF of course. People should be able to make their choice. Other songwriters should receive a spotlight.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Imho, they already have capacities to host a great NF in 2022. The question is whether they want to spend money, or keep holding jury-bait Milanov in their basement.

I am pro-NF of course. People should be able to make their choice. Other songwriters should receive a spotlight.

I'm pro-NF but not in countries like Bulgaria and Romania... they are making great efforts with internal selections and would be a shame if they get back to having bad entries just because people should make their choice - same with Switzerland, the Netherlands etc..

A-lister

Veteran
I'm pro-NF but not in countries like Bulgaria and Romania... they are making great efforts with internal selections and would be a shame if they get back to having bad entries just because people should make their choice - same with Switzerland, the Netherlands etc..

I agree to some degree, but how is Romania making great effort though? xshrug

Although I hope for something more exciting from Bulgaria in 2022, I feel like they didn't really fully manage to figure out how to balance juries and televoters (well 2016-2017 sure, but after that).

rasmuslights

Veteran
I agree to some degree, but how is Romania making great effort though? xshrug

Although I hope for something more exciting from Bulgaria in 2022, I feel like they didn't really fully manage to figure out how to balance juries and televoters (well 2016-2017 sure, but after that).

Well, they got together with the company that produces the best music in Romania... that's an effort... and also if Roxen participated in 2020 she would've qualified because she would sing is better, the song was also a bit better, and not to mention that it would've been weaker semi...

this year they had bad luck but I'm sure that if they continue with this new path of modern Romania they will get their top 5 result in the next five years...

soulm8

Azis is coming for yall.

Realest

No Surprise, but I hope for a Symphonix-Entry.

soulm8

As i see the reactions, I expect if we stay, the team will change some things. Bulgarian language, Bulgarian sounds are among my expectations.

A-lister

Veteran
Well, they got together with the company that produces the best music in Romania... that's an effort... and also if Roxen participated in 2020 she would've qualified because she would sing is better, the song was also a bit better, and not to mention that it would've been weaker semi...

this year they had bad luck but I'm sure that if they continue with this new path of modern Romania they will get their top 5 result in the next five years...

Well, yes, but it's too early to tell and frankly it didn't go down well with Roxen...

And will that record label stay onboard for 2022 with the flop that happened? We'll see...

rasmuslights

Veteran

damn she truly is such a great artist... not bitter, so grateful and just with great advice. love her and would not be mad at all to see her return.

When asked about GUIGO vs Imaginary Friend: "I knew that IF was more popular among the fans. But it was working only as a studio track. Everytime I tried it live or during rehearsals there was something lacking. I guess there are songs that should stay only as studio tracks" - so true

My advice to the next Bulgarian representative would be to listen to the feedback of the others because artists do that for the audience. But at the time of taking crucial decisions always stay true to yourself because you will be the one on stage." - another great advice

rasmuslights

Veteran
OK Bulgarian team and sponsor continue to surprise me... seriously one of the best delegations there is. Here is what the sponsors/the delegation had to say:

"Eurovision is a contest where we face a great competition. Even if you do your best, chances are that there will be even better than you. So, we accept that reality and we are trying to become better and better. We are extremely satisfied by the results."

"Now we will discuss with our partners, we hope to find the right approach and move forward to the next level. We will also try to extend the partnerships, so that we can continue to participate."

"Overall, we are looking for candidates who can perform on stage, who will bring quality and will contribute to the contest, and will represent our country with dignity. There is no price tag for these requirements."

"During the contest this year we had record-breaking engagement by our viewers, especially when participating in the voting. The Italian and French songs were the clear highlights for the Bulgarian viewers. We are happy that such songs are the preferred choice of our viewers"

"We had the honour to be taking part in the strongest Eurovision Song Contest in the past several years with a lot of music diversity and quality. We congratulate RAI for the more than deserved win and all the other contestants for making this such a strong competition"

"Of course, finances are not the primary concern. In 2019 we also had proposals for private funding but from candidates we didn´t find suitable. Eventually, we decided to withdraw instead of participating just for the sake of participation."

MASSIVE respect for the last statement!

they didn't miss the point of the contest in any of the statements.. I'm so proud of them!

rasmuslights

Veteran
most likely will be there for another year. We plan to make it open for any country that would like to work on their Eurovision entry with the composers we manage to attract"

their eurovision camp will also be open for other countries this year! which I found great - maybe Austria could find their entry here:)

Top Bottom