Growing up is getting old
Getting up is growing old

If your world is breaking
And growing up is getting old
Know that you're worth saving
And getting up is all you've got​

Last edited by a moderator:

AliceEsc

I wasn't a fan of Tears getting sober last year. But this year I have 2 songs that I care about and I can relate to, Imaginary Friend and Dive into Unknown. Dive into Unknown with a slight edge, depending on my mood!
The Funeral Song, I listened to it once and I never wanna listen to it again, it brings me such bad feelings I don't wanna have.

Stashio833

1-imaginary friend 10/10
2-growing up is getting old 9.5/10
3-phantom pain 9/10
4-dive into unknown 9/10
5-the funeral song 7/10
6-ugly cry 3/10

Four out of these six songs are nearly perfect to me. They are all amazing and unique in their own way. Good luck Victoria!

Mimmon

Veteran
Okay...to be honest this made me cry....

My Top 6

1.Victoria-The Funeral Song
2.Victoria-imaginary friend
3.Victoria-Growing Up Is Getting Old
4.Victoria-Ugly Cry
5.Victoria-Phantom Pain
6.Victoria-Dive Into Unknown

• La La Love
Reactions: Mrm

Loindici

Veteran
A little dramatic kind of fails for me. It is cohesive: all songs written are in the key of C or G, and instrumentation are generally kept as melancholic or dreamy as possible, marrying them with Vicky's wispy voice. However, it fails to make each song distinctive (mood-wise and tempo-wise), thus making it feel as if you're just listening to the same song over and over, you don't really get to choose what to favor.

Imaginary Friend remains the best choice for me. It's a bit more typical and dramatic for a competition like Eurovision.

MAD20

What a piece of art VICTORIA has come up with. I'll definitely listen to all songs in my playlist. My final ranking:

1. Imaginary friend
2. Growing up is getting old
3. The funeral song
4. Dive into unknown
5. Phantom pain
6. Ugly cry

I wouldn't care whether she chooses one or another (excepting Ugly cry). For real competition in ESC, Imaginary friend is the most suitable to cause direct impact on viewers.

HayashiM

Veteran
Sigh.
Tears Are Getting Sober imo easily beats all 6 propositions - no wonder, it was my n°2 after Diodato last year... And while I've heard exactly one song from Billie Eilish in my life, I guess TGS was actually the furthest from that style, e.g. kinda more "Billie Eilish meets Disney"? Overall, I feel very disappointed.

1. The Funeral Song :8:
2. Dive Into Unknown :6:
3. Ugly Cry :5:
4. Imaginary Friend :5:
5. Growing Up Is Getting Old :5:
6. Phantom Pain :5:

If this is / becomes an album, it's really not something I could listen to in it's entirety in one go. [sarcasm] I don't even understand how anyone could actually record all these songs without getting super confused which lyrics belong where. [/sarcasm]
But honestly, just send The Funeral Song. It has got the most punch, there is some amount of risk and provocation, but it essentially just brings the good old 'carpe diem' message in a slightly innovative way. And I dare say it differs a little from the rest of the pack where most songs are really super similar.

Loindici

Veteran
The feedback platform hasn't been released yet. I thought they'll do it as soon as all songs are out.

crashworld

Veteran
My ranking of the songs:

The Funeral Song = imaginary friend = Growing Up Is Getting Old = Ugly Cry = Phantom Pain = Dive Into Unknown

j/k. To be honest, I am really indifferent to all the songs. Like it doesn't really matter which song she chooses in the end. To me, her music is like background music. Something that I don't mind that is playing in the background while I am doing something or doing shopping. I wouldn't find myself actively reaching out to any of the songs to listen.

Last edited:

soulm8

Really interesting comment from a guy who was part of the team previous years: he said that this year is pretty unusual cause the Bulgarian team is giving the people the chance to take part of the so called pre-selection! Those are still kind of demo versions long 3:40min as he said. Last year at this point of the selection TGS sounded nothing like the final version. According to him those are not the final versions of the songs and we need to trust the process. Not only cutting the songs to 3:00, but even changing parts of the instrumental is still big possibility.

crashworld

Veteran
Really interesting comment from a guy who was part of the team previous years: he said that this year is pretty unusual cause the Bulgarian team is giving the people the chance to take part of the so called pre-selection! Those are still kind of demo versions long 3:40min as he said. Last year at this point of the selection TGS sounded nothing like the final version. According to him those are not the final versions of the songs and we need to trust the process. Not only cutting the songs to 3:00, but even changing parts of the instrumental is still big possibility.

I supposed that they will only revamp/edit the final selected entry? If it is then it doesn't really matter for the other songs that didn't get selected.

Stashio833

I'm just a little concerned that chopping down and revamping whichever song won't ruin it. I like most of them as they stand. I hope that the revamps are shown to public before the Eurovision song is chosen. It'd be kinda unfair for them send a different song than the one the public chose.

HayashiM

Veteran

That's some good news, thank you! :)

Schlagerman1

My ranking:
1. Imaginairy Friend
2. Growing Up Is Getting Old
3. Dive Into Unknown
4. Ugly Cry
5. Phantom Pain
6. The Funeral Song

All songs are really good, but I think the top two are the ones that would work in ESC best. And watching what other people think, I think it is pretty obvious that it will be IF to Rotterdam.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Uhmm.. as far as revamps usually go, I'm not very optimistic about this, but OK, work your magic BNT ✨

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
I was about to write something like: "Obviously I don't like Imaginary Friend either", but it seems that a lot of you guys actually enjoy it o_O
I find The Funeral Song and Growing Up Is Getting Old equally uninteresting though

My favorite is definitely Ugly Cry, but both Dive Into Unknown and Phantom Pain are very nice songs as well :D

Kaz

Although none of these can make me sob like TGS, the song which got me closest to that point was Imaginary Friend (I may have shed a tear or two). It feels like the perfect sequel to TGS, and is so dreamy and forced me to just listen and sway back and forth for a minute, which is what happened when I listened to TGS for the first time.

I also weirdly enjoy The Funeral Song? I think this is almost entirely for its lyrics, I think they're super clever. I like how it builds the suspense by dragging out "but in the end....you realise...." and then when she sang "you've already been through hell" I just had to smile because I was very impressed at how they had built the tension then dropped us back into reality with that line.

nunaney

I'm so worried Ugly Cry is going to be chosen because so many people seem to like that one best but I feel they are biased because they've known that song for way longer. I wish they had all been released at the same time.

Top Bottom