And growing up is getting old
Know that you're worth saving
And getting up is all you've got​

Last edited by a moderator:

soulm8

Amazing Cover

Spanish version of GUIGO

Preuss

I really struggle to see how PAENDA would've qualified even with perfect vocals, especially from that semi...

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Vicky got me misty-eyed again with her Madrid performance. I am feeling more and more like Bulgaria could actually be a winner contender. The beauty of the message really comes through well. Call it wishcasting, but usually I'm much more prone to do the opposite :p

DanielLuis

I still believe Growing up is getting old is by far the option in Bulgaria's "NF" that had the best staging potential, and one of the songs in the whole of 2021 with the highest staging potential at that. The instrumental in the final minute easily allows for powerful visuals, for that winning moment that can really decide a close race. I think a big part of the toxic fandom randomly throwing Bulgaria hate around the web and saying they're bound to NQ will be sorely disappointed in a few weeks time.

hunty73

I still believe Growing up is getting old is by far the option in Bulgaria's "NF" that had the best staging potential, and one of the songs in the whole of 2021 with the highest staging potential at that. The instrumental in the final minute easily allows for powerful visuals, for that winning moment that can really decide a close race. I think a big part of the toxic fandom randomly throwing Bulgaria hate around the web and saying they're bound to NQ will be sorely disappointed in a few weeks time.
Thats right.A lot of fans dont understand how ESC works.Every year there are only a few acts and delegations actually trying to win.Then there are a few after that who would take a win if things work out.Most delegations in any given year dont really want to win,they only want to qualify.ESC is very very cheap Saturday night entertainment for them.Most countries who are trying to win consider three things upfront.Artist,song and staging.They try to pick the first two with the third in mind.Anyone who gambles on the contest knew GUIGO was easily the best choice for staging potential and overall package.It wasnt even close,different league.Imaginary Friend had little staging potential and would likely of been a disaster with the televote,and even the jury.
Bulgaria are trying to win ,so are Malta.There are likely a few delegations down the list also trying who will show their hands during rehearsals.Maybe Croatia,and Russia are likely to open a few eyes once their plans are revealed on stage.

Ezio

Veteran
Peada song was to bland
This is has some kinda elements that is memorable
Just because something is not to someone's taste, the word for it is not always "bland", because Limits is contrariwise not bland at all. Bland became such a generic word for dismissal and is really hard to read for me in this case.

You don't like it? I don't blame you. The song was sang horribly either way, and I called it out already after the jury final, when her performance leaked on vimeo.

Victoria's song could potentially fall apart on stage as well, if her nerves get the best of her. It's not the song that is gonna be carried by a pumping beat or the background choir. She can't afford a single bum note. But even in the worst case, GUIGO will never be bland.

On the other hand, she is a logical favourite for the win. Her OGAE score doesn't bother me, because they won't play her song at Yumbo ever anyway.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Thats right.A lot of fans dont understand how ESC works.Every year there are only a few acts and delegations actually trying to win.Then there are a few after that who would take a win if things work out.Most delegations in any given year dont really want to win,they only want to qualify.ESC is very very cheap Saturday night entertainment for them.Most countries who are trying to win consider three things upfront.Artist,song and staging.They try to pick the first two with the third in mind.Anyone who gambles on the contest knew GUIGO was easily the best choice for staging potential and overall package.It wasnt even close,different league.Imaginary Friend had little staging potential and would likely of been a disaster with the televote,and even the jury.
Bulgaria are trying to win ,so are Malta.There are likely a few delegations down the list also trying who will show their hands during rehearsals.Maybe Croatia,and Russia are likely to open a few eyes once their plans are revealed on stage.

yes I think that delegations actually trying and sending great entries consistently are: Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Malta, Ukraine, Italy, Sweden, Belgium, Australia and the Netherlands. I also believe that Switzerland, Romania and Croatia are starting to change their fortune as well.. others are always a hit or miss or even just tragic - for example Georgia, Poland, Albania, Denmark, the UK..

hunty73

Just because something is not to someone's taste, the word for it is not always "bland", because Limits is contrariwise not bland at all. Bland became such a generic word for dismissal and is really hard to read for me in this case.

You don't like it? I don't blame you. The song was sang horribly either way, and I called it out already after the jury final, when her performance leaked on vimeo.

Victoria's song could potentially fall apart on stage as well, if her nerves get the best of her. It's not the song that is gonna be carried by a pumping beat or the background choir. She can't afford a single bum note. But even in the worst case, GUIGO will never be bland.

On the other hand, she is a logical favourite for the win. Her OGAE score doesn't bother me, because they won't play her song at Yumbo ever anyway.
OGAE polls have zero credibility on the contests result as you say.Eurojury is usually the one that does best,but it tends to only do well in obvious years,and the last several years have been obvious years apart from Ukraine at first,then the Cyprus running Israel close.Whats telling is they tend to miss acts with potential to stage well,and to be fair thats to be expected because they arent thinking about the full package yet.In close years diaspora comes into it as well.I think this year is one of the best i can remember and iv been watching ESC since ABBA won in Brighton.Best in depth.Instead of a couple of great songs we have a dozen really good ones and 20 more good entertainment.For the viewers a likely great spectacle.There is also a lot of tech in the stage this year and it might come down to who uses it best.
yes I think that delegations actually trying and sending great entries consistently are: Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Malta, Ukraine, Italy, Sweden, Belgium, Australia and the Netherlands. I also believe that Switzerland, Romania and Croatia are starting to change their fortune as well.. others are always a hit or miss or even just tragic - for example Georgia, Poland, Albania, Denmark, the UK..
Thats right,and another thing lots of fans forget is the EBU itself.Its job is to ensure the contest continues and does well.They have been very worried for instance that the Balkans area was losing a bit of interest.They would be very happy with a Bulgaria win,or Romania.They are both in the mix.
Likely they would be happy with Malta as well.An island in the Med and a message however small you can win.
The EBU has a balancing act.It needs to keep all corners of Europe engaged and the contest has risked being pigeon holed the last several years.Going too far woke left would weaken it,the steering commitee will know this,hence the changing of the guard.

soulm8

Oh my, Victoria was a guest in a morning show 2 hours ago. She said she will bring something special on the stage, she will be alone, the whole staging is really beautiful and they will use a special effect never used before. Her outfit will be ready today. Slay queen!

rasmuslights

Veteran
Oh my, Victoria was a guest in a morning show 2 hours ago. She said she will bring something special on the stage, she will be alone, the whole staging is really beautiful and they will use a special effect never used before. Her outfit will be ready today. Slay queen!
omgggg

soulm8

Hopefully William from Wiwi is not making fool of himself as he is calling this song 10/10 everywhere and a winner with a moment on stage! He was part of the selection so I guess he knows better 😀 She was really nervous already though, don’t expect perfect vocals at the first rehearsal.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Hopefully William from Wiwi is not making fool of himself as he is calling this song 10/10 everywhere and a winner with a moment on stage! He was part of the selection so I guess he knows better 😀 She was really nervous already though, don’t expect perfect vocals at the first rehearsal.

I believe that she should finish in top 5. Not that worried about her vocals, we know she can sing.

Stashio833

Victoria is still my #1 queen and I have no doubt she'll do well at rehearsals. Could be some nerves, but she'll hopefully be all good come semi-final night.

hunty73

Looks like the staging is a brown and golden scene in the vintage style like the video,props on and above the stage,the aim is for Victoria to create an atmosphere for thoughts and reflection.Rock, water and falling sand the main elements,i guess they are trying to reflect the passing of time.

soulm8

Looks like the staging is a brown and golden scene in the vintage style like the video,props on and above the stage,the aim is for Victoria to create an atmosphere for thoughts and reflection.Rock, water and falling sand the main elements,i guess they are trying to reflect the passing of time.
From where do you know that?

Top Bottom