Getting up is growing old

If your world is breaking
And growing up is getting old
Know that you're worth saving
And getting up is all you've got​

Last edited by a moderator:

hijirio

Veteran
This one owes all the attention to the hype coming from last year, but most viewers will judge it independently based on this song alone.

I think it might probably not make it to televote’s top 10 in the semi if they fail to elevate and make it stand out with the staging.

jatojo

I'll miss Imaginary Friend. I think it is way better than Growing Up Is Getting Old and better than last year's song.

hunty73

I'll miss Imaginary Friend. I think it is way better than Growing Up Is Getting Old and better than last year's song.
The problem was it was a terrible song for staging potential,where as GUIGO has incredible staging potential.You win ESC with an amazing song,and/or creating a moment of emotional connection.This song has that chance inbuilt.This delegation know exactly what they are doing.
This entry is all about storytelling and if they pull that off i think it wins ESC.If they dont it will fall short.

A-lister

Veteran
A-lister's review:

Actually, as much as she lacks personality trying to sound like Billie Eilish at times, if this is the "best" she has to offer sounding "less Eilish-ish", then I prefer the more copycat stuff tbh. While I still don't really get why last year's entry was widely considered as "winner material", I can see why the song was generally liked and I also enjoyed it to some extent myself (it was in my top. 15), however I feel like this year's entry just kept what I didn't like with last year's entry and didn't add anything better. This year's entry has imo a quite non-enjoyable melody and composition, in fact it is quite hard for me to listen through the whole song, also its melody is pretty bland and forgettable. This just makes my top. 30 (or bottom 10 depending how you'd look at it).

Last edited:

hijirio

Veteran
Here to remind you the sheer truth that with all the Youtube views combined, it's still less than 1 million, way behind other countries. 🤡 🤡 🤡

Don't know why this one is tipped so high for the win. I don't remember any recent winner that drew such little interest pre-contest.

soulm8

Here to remind you the sheer truth that with all the Youtube views combined, it's still less than 1 million, way behind other countries. 🤡 🤡 🤡

Don't know why this one is tipped so high for the win. I don't remember any recent winner that drew such little interest pre-contest.
Here to remind you the fact that Bulgaria doesn’t care for Eurovision this year at all! The song was not even in trending top 40! Here to remind you the fact that if the views are considered indication for winning, Italy would have won every year.

Iker

Veteran
The problem was it was a terrible song for staging potential,where as GUIGO has incredible staging potential.You win ESC with an amazing song,and/or creating a moment of emotional connection.This song has that chance inbuilt.This delegation know exactly what they are doing.
This entry is all about storytelling and if they pull that off i think it wins ESC.If they dont it will fall short.
It will not win the ESC though even if she creates some moment. The track is too static and too boring for too many including me. The melody is a little bit basic too. If it is staged and sung well I can see lower top 10 but nothing above that. It reminds me Ieva Zasimauskaite, also a sleeping pill but very nicely staged just like this one will most likely be.

hijirio

Veteran
Here to remind you the fact that Bulgaria doesn’t care for Eurovision this year at all! The song was not even in trending top 40! Here to remind you the fact that if the views are considered indication for winning, Italy would have won every year.
Of course it is not a direct indication for winning, but in the past decade there was never been a winner that had such a slow momentum as Bulgaria has this year. Considering the lack of interest for Bulgaria this year, a NQ or borderline Q shouldn't come as a surprise.

MAD20

The staging is going to elevate this very much. I'm pretty sure this is going to be gorgeous and inside top 10. VICTORIA deserves international recognition!!

RevNet

THE GOOD:
  • This is a very sweet song.
  • The vocals do a good job of matching the song's sweetness.
  • The instrumentals also match up nicely.
THE BAD:
  • The song is a bit twee for my liking, but this is more of a preference, really.
THE VERDICT:

This is a pretty good song from Bulgaria. It's very much a feel-good song, and that just might be what the doctor ordered, given the pandemic. I definitely see this song in the Final. It might be a bit small-sounding for it to win in my opinion, though. 8 points

hunty73

Every entry this year has problems from being the obvious winner.Swiss doesnt come across well on camera every time iv seen him .Malta is buying views and the delegation are backing themselves on the markets and is a mish mash underneath.Gamblers on the contest know this very well and they will be greasing jury palms as usual,more than usual probably.France is maybe too French.Iceland have a crap song,Lith maybe a bit off putting to the juries,Sweden have a song that is really just an X Factor winners song,not an ESC winner.Cyprus she cant sing,San Marino,well no chance,Finland,Italy is better,Norway great,but will the juries score it high?,Greece,its a great 80s song,but an ESC winner?,Russia is fantastic,but again will it gain enough in the west,Moldova,next,Romania,fabulous song and staging potential but Roxen is poor live and will need to improve a lot,Belgium,quality band and song,but not exactly televote bait etc etc etc

Bulgaria have a song that isnt gaining traction among fans and if they dont create staging magic will struggle.However the delegation knew this all along.They know the song is all about staging.The fact they arent buying views or backing themselves like they have in the past says one of two things.They think they have no chance,or they are concentrating on get the staging right.

Fascinating year.The winner will likely be the song who can create a bit of magic in their 3 minutes,or,and i hope not,it could be so tight is comes down do the delegation who fiddles the most.

Iker

Veteran
Every entry this year has problems from being the obvious winner.Swiss doesnt come across well on camera every time iv seen him .Malta is buying views and the delegation are backing themselves on the markets and is a mish mash underneath.Gamblers on the contest know this very well and they will be greasing jury palms as usual,more than usual probably.France is maybe too French.Iceland have a crap song,Lith maybe a bit off putting to the juries,Sweden have a song that is really just an X Factor winners song,not an ESC winner.Cyprus she cant sing,San Marino,well no chance,Finland,Italy is better,Norway great,but will the juries score it high?,Greece,its a great 80s song,but an ESC winner?,Russia is fantastic,but again will it gain enough in the west,Moldova,next,Romania,fabulous song and staging potential but Roxen is poor live and will need to improve a lot,Belgium,quality band and song,but not exactly televote bait etc etc etc

Bulgaria have a song that isnt gaining traction among fans and if they dont create staging magic will struggle.However the delegation knew this all along.They know the song is all about staging.The fact they arent buying views or backing themselves like they have in the past says one of two things.They think they have no chance,or they are concentrating on get the staging right.

Fascinating year.The winner will likely be the song who can create a bit of magic in their 3 minutes,or,and i hope not,it could be so tight is comes down do the delegation who fiddles the most.
Why do you think that Eleni Tsagrinou cannot sing?

And :no: is definitely not winning, lol. If it qualifies it is likely to be Melovin 2.0 in the juries voting in the Grand Final I feel. It could have been one of the big favourites at the ESC 2000 I suppose ...

jatojo

THE GOOD:
  • This is a very sweet song.
  • The vocals do a good job of matching the song's sweetness.
  • The instrumentals also match up nicely.
THE BAD:
  • The song is a bit twee for my liking, but this is more of a preference, really.
THE VERDICT:

This is a pretty good song from Bulgaria. It's very much a feel-good song, and that just might be what the doctor ordered, given the pandemic. I definitely see this song in the Final. It might be a bit small-sounding for it to win in my opinion, though. 8 points
A feel-good song? I think it's the opposite, just look at the lyrics. Melodically, it's not the best Victoria song either.

VikingTiger

Still feeling sad about Victoria's choice this year. I agree with the ones claiming that GUIGO will hae a hard time fighting for a top 3 placing. With a couple of her other songs I think a top 3 would have been within reach in May.
I still just cant remember the melody of GUIGO, I dont think it's melodically strong enough for people to vote for this in May.

VikingTiger

I feel more or less the same. It's indeed a very fascinating year. I think Lihuania still depends on last years hype amongst eurofans - this years entry is just not as good, and probably less appealing to both the juries and the televoters than would have been the case last year. I am not completely writing San Marino off though. Etc etc etc...

soulm8

I saw this, heartbreaking ....

Victoria will be alone on the stage and unfortunately her father is sick of cancer and in her words is incurable. ”

soulm8

I wonder if Victoria will make something like farewell to her father who is gonna watch her, putting the meaning of growing up is also loosing the people you love. No idea what she is gonna do if she is really emotional how she can pull out a live performance on the stage that means so much for her. Anyway, the contest sure is a dream for her to make her family proud! They will be proud! ❤️

Top Bottom