Getting up is growing old

If your world is breaking
And growing up is getting old
Know that you're worth saving
And getting up is all you've got​

Last edited by a moderator:

Carlkva

Who's staging this one again? I have a feeling it will be pretty good
Marvin Dietmann, who's also doing Austria, Spain, Croatia and Cyprus this year and did Rise like a Phoenix.

Iker

Veteran
It's so forgettable, I've listen to the song several times and can't recall a single line. I didn't get why Bulgaria was hyped in 2018 and I don't get it this year
Grooooooowing Oooold is geeeeetting ooooold. It is like a thick syrup.

I don't remember the verses at all (neither the lyrics nor the melody) but I think I've only listened to it once and it was over week ago. I remember feeling sleepy after that and thinking 'this is kinda pretty but not for me'.

Preuss

Marvin Dietmann, who's also doing Austria, Spain, Croatia and Cyprus this year and did Rise like a Phoenix.

Oh dear, he'll be busier than Sacha Jean-Baptiste. I wonder if he'll deliver?

The difference here though is the fact that he's doing the staging of countries that I don't particularly care about xthink

Loindici

Veteran
Oh dear, he'll be busier than Sacha Jean-Baptiste. I wonder if he'll deliver?

The difference here though is the fact that he's doing the staging of countries that I don't particularly care about xthink

Funny thing is, he had been the main stage director for a few '10 Eurovisions, so I don't think he'll be as overwhelmed. xqueenbitch

Loindici

Veteran
This song has been one of my biggest growers, but there's a tear-jerking reason for that. Would you read my story?

I grew to like someone in the past month. I don't know if it's gonna be love or just infatuation, but it helped me be aware of myself and my strength and weaknesses in ways I've never imagined. With this person we've been talking about it and know how we have no future in reality and he will have to date a girl/search for a wife someday (Indonesia has not really been that friendly with LGBTQ relationships), it shaped me into reality and self-awareness in a short amount of time. Who would have know, by meeting someone for 1.5 months with a no-future relationship it becomes a way that I mature out, become more self-aware and understand the sadness of life? Life is funny, sometimes.

You know how I never really fall in love with this song before, but it started to grow on me after we talked about our 'no-label' situation and thinking back about the reality I will face. I sometimes hum 'growing up is getting old' randomly, being in the deep amount of uncertainty, scare, and gratitude. Recently I've tried to sing it and I got teared up. I'm thinking about my loved ones, myself, my family, and him. Thinking about myself and where I am now, it opened my vulnerability. I fucking cried for minutes.

I'm scared of growing up. I'm scared of having to experience something that will break me or make me. I know I will need them to make myself stronger, but I often feel I'm not ready for it. I'm scared that I will lose my mom or my dad someday, lose my grandmother and grandfather, lose my friends that I love and respect so much, lose my cats that I really love, and lose this lover that I cherish and care now. Truth is, I'm not ready if I have to part ways with them.

But I'm grateful that they're here now, or in the past. I'm grateful they've become the part of me growing up, the learning curve for me as I'm getting older every time. Every person becomes a lesson, every second becomes a moment. If it weren't for them, I will not grow into somebody that I know now. Even if they have to part from me, what I've been through with them (positively or negatively) is going to prepare me for the next chapter of my life. As hard as it sounds, I should not make them feel sadder, I should be grateful they've been here.

I feel love. I feel love to myself more than I've ever imagined before. I've never been in touch with him for a long time, because of my fright of growing up. I often close myself from emotional experiences, because I'm scared of getting hurt. Now that I've found him inside me and through my mirror, I become less scared of losing, getting hurt, or grief. He'll be with me together to help and guide us through this process called life. I'm grateful that I've found him now.

Yeah, this song didn't make sense to me at first. It's a different story now that I feel the song inside of me. I know that writing this on an anonymous forum would not mean so much, but I hope you can resonate with what I feel now.

:12: . Vicky, win this for me, girl.

mauve

Veteran
This song has been one of my biggest growers, but there's a tear-jerking reason for that. Would you read my story?

I grew to like someone in the past month. I don't know if it's gonna be love or just infatuation, but it helped me be aware of myself and my strength and weaknesses in ways I've never imagined. With this person we've been talking about it and know how we have no future in reality and he will have to date a girl/search for a wife someday (Indonesia has not really been that friendly with LGBTQ relationships), it shaped me into reality and self-awareness in a short amount of time. Who would have know, by meeting someone for 1.5 months with a no-future relationship it becomes a way that I mature out, become more self-aware and understand the sadness of life? Life is funny, sometimes.

You know how I never really fall in love with this song before, but it started to grow on me after we talked about our 'no-label' situation and thinking back about the reality I will face. I sometimes hum 'growing up is getting old' randomly, being in the deep amount of uncertainty, scare, and gratitude. Recently I've tried to sing it and I got teared up. I'm thinking about my loved ones, myself, my family, and him. Thinking about myself and where I am now, it opened my vulnerability. I fucking cried for minutes.

I'm scared of growing up. I'm scared of having to experience something that will break me or make me. I know I will need them to make myself stronger, but I often feel I'm not ready for it. I'm scared that I will lose my mom or my dad someday, lose my grandmother and grandfather, lose my friends that I love and respect so much, lose my cats that I really love, and lose this lover that I cherish and care now. Truth is, I'm not ready if I have to part ways with them.

But I'm grateful that they're here now, or in the past. I'm grateful they've become the part of me growing up, the learning curve for me as I'm getting older every time. Every person becomes a lesson, every second becomes a moment. If it weren't for them, I will not grow into somebody that I know now. Even if they have to part from me, what I've been through with them (positively or negatively) is going to prepare me for the next chapter of my life. As hard as it sounds, I should not make them feel sadder, I should be grateful they've been here.

I feel love. I feel love to myself more than I've ever imagined before. I've never been in touch with him for a long time, because of my fright of growing up. I often close myself from emotional experiences, because I'm scared of getting hurt. Now that I've found him inside me and through my mirror, I become less scared of losing, getting hurt, or grief. He'll be with me together to help and guide us through this process called life. I'm grateful that I've found him now.

Yeah, this song didn't make sense to me at first. It's a different story now that I feel the song inside of me. I know that writing this on an anonymous forum would not mean so much, but I hope you can resonate with what I feel now.

So happy for you! I can understand you perfectly. I also have an ESC-song since last year that means a lot and is very personally. It's Diodato's song. The lyrics didn't have anything to do with my experience, but I had listened to Fai rumore a lot last February when my dad passed away. I connect this song (since it's so emotional) with my dad and it gives me comfort when listening to it. So it's a wonderful thing when a song can have such an impact no matter if it's in things as love, maturing in any kind or if the song gives you wonderful remembrances of a loved one.

hijirio

Veteran

Your personal story made me much more emotional than Victoria's song could ever do.
Stay strong sis, we luv ya. xcry xcry

Mimmon

Veteran
Saw this article...
made question everything

rasmuslights

Veteran
Saw this article...
made question everything

nah BNT and partners won't pick someone with zero star quality imo.

Franzilein

Totally not my type of music sadly. But I'm glad that some people find comfort in it or some kind of deeper connection. That's what's beautiful about music after all.

MAD20

Am I the only one initially prefering Imaginary Friend but after few listenings of both IF and Growing Up Is Getting Old has got tired of the first one and not of the latter? What a masterpiece and what a lovely singer is VICTORIA.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Saw this article...
made question everything
the answer is "no". or rather "please heavens NO".

Iker

Veteran
This song brings me the same mood as Tears Getting Sober, but it is musically more dull for me sadly. The melody is not quite as good imho.

lasse braun

ok,a younger girl sings a song - start - nearly 1 minute it ripples and ripples and than comes the refrain...
this is a little bit boring or not?
ballads like this,we have heard already 1000 times.
i am not impressed and think the odds are a way too high.
last years song was much more catchy than this.
:2:

Realest

I have a Feeling Bulgarias Momentum is over. Im wondering how big the Hype would have been, if IF won.
I dont see the huge Instant Appeal for the Casuals in this Entry. It doesnt scream for Attention. I think it will do much worse than expected.

Biscuit02

And to be on the opposite end of the spectrum(even tho I am biased I know), I have a feeling that once we see the live performance with the staging and evrything the hype will be throught the roof and we may shoot up the odds again, but let's see I can see us going ethet way really, by doing top 5 or perharps with the slight chance of us NQing.

Top Bottom