2 1.4%

5 3.4%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Bulgaria-scaled.jpg

soulm8

Preuss

Especially their live-voices. Too much screaming. It was a mess. But they were not the first country which couldn’t get it to work. They sent quality the last decade and they will send quality in the future. Just keep on going.

Vocally they were fine. I agree it’s shoutier than the studio version and Zhana came out to be a little bit aggressive screaming «BOOOOONESSSSSS». It didn’t fit the mysterious song but I absolutely adore their live vocals still

Uto

Veteran
Watched Victoria's living room concert. Was unimpressive I thought. I get that she can't do full on belters in there, but I was hoping for something a bit more interesting than half-baked covers of uninspiring contemporary pop songs and a rather weak version of Tears Getting Sober where the verses weren't captivating and she was hardly audible in the chorus. I'm simply not convinced she is a great singer or performer. She does seem like a nice person though.

Realest

Great Concert.
Ill definitely follow her Career outside ESC.

mauve

Veteran
Rather disappointing concert. But I wasn't into her song anyway and never thought it would had potential to be a winner. It's okay, but nothing else. Didn't understand the hype anway

Mrm

Veteran

Who is that woman, ethno singer, from 01:40 who was in NF performance?
Why she wasn't in ESC as well? :/

And these two women, backing singers, are they the same as in ESC?
They sound much better than in ESC if they are the same.. :/

In ESC, his vocals were much worse than in NF and it was messier overall..

94ayd

Who is that woman, ethno singer, from 01:40 who was in NF performance?
Why she wasn't in ESC as well? :/

And these two women, backing singers, are they the same as in ESC?
They sound much better than in ESC if they are the same.. :/

In ESC, his vocals were much worse than in NF and it was messier overall..

I've no idea why you posted in this thread but I'm gonna go ahead and answer anyway. They seem to be a totally different set of more competent but less known singers, whereas they chose the opposite combination for the real thing.

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

Realest

I think :ro: is one of her Favourites.

Ezio

Veteran

Just an concept about what we missed out on seeing in Rotterdam :(

This made me drop tears. It hurts.

Bulgaria, the public gives you THREEHUNDRED AND NINETYFIVE POINTS !! But will it be enough to win?

So, Sweden needs 180 points from the public to win

and

Sweden gets 8 points (which come all from Denmark btw.).

Congratulations Victoria from Bulgaria, you are the winner of Eurovision 2020!

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
12 points from Cesar Sampson, Zoe and Nadine Beiler. 10 points from Conchita

Ezio

Veteran
Finally the Bulgarian flag in the 2015 logo

EVlfUSzXsAErz3l

soulm8

So let's say bye to one more great year from the Bulgarian team. Big thank you to all those guys, who are working with their heart about something they love- Eurovision. Cause the Bulgarians are not the easiest fanbase- they will always complain. lol.

tuorem

My review:

BULGARIA 2020 - VICTORIA - Tears Getting Sober - "Honourable"

Back to business, I found the latest Bulgarian entry quite disconcerting. Milanov is back with yet another type of sound, this time heavily inspired by Billie Eilish aka one the trendiest artists at the moment. As usual with him, the production and arrangements are flawless, everything flows so nicely. Melodically, the pattern - which repeats itself throughout the composition - is easily memorable and could be compared to a nursery rhyme... And that's where my subjectivity comes into play, I think it's a very honourable and solid effort from all angles if I try to be as objective as possible. It definitely rides that trendy wave while offering an atmosphere unheard of in the contest. Personally though, I find the song too childish sound-wise to really get into it, and the last chorus with the full-blown instrumentation just reinforces that Disney feeling to me. I almost feel ashamed of feeling too old for this. :LOL:

So yeah, not my favourite Bulgarian entry, even though it's an improvement over "Bones" that I found overly pretentious. Like a bunch of other songs this year, I'm sad we won't see the staging that was supposed to go with it. I have a feeling they would have created a visual journey around it, which would probably have been particularly arresting and enjoyable to watch.

Prediction-wise, I believe it would have been top 5 easily with a real chance of winning. Victoria might not have been an obvious pick for victory, but when taking into account both the professionalism and broad-appeal potential of the package, she surely would have had greater chances of winning than some of the other favourites imo. Juries would have respected it while teens and older people alike would have cast votes their way me thinks. Never underestimate the "aw, that's so cute!" effect.

It's great that Victoria will be back next year. It most likely means Milanov will take up the reins again and the new song will be similar, and understandably so given the support they received this year. I just hope I'll be able to connect to what's to come :LOL: who knows? fingers crossed!

musicfan

It has a hook but somehow it's a bit too on the simple side, I wish it wasn't quite so compact throughout the whole song. Having more of middle section would have been an idea. But whatever the criticisms I suppose it's one of the better songs from the finals.

Top Bottom