9 4.1%

7 3.2%

8 3.6%

5 2.3%

12 5.4%

• Total voters

Iker

Veteran
I expected higher place in the final, but I had some feeling soon after their performances that it is not meant to be.

wtf

This song was eventually my favourite and definitely deserved a higher place. xheart I loved everything - the vocals, the camerawork, the staging. I don't get why every time an act fails to win, people try to find reasons why it did, and almost always they blame the staging or camerawork. I think it was superior. The colours created a chilling atmosphere and the direction was very good, especially during the last seconds. It's just that it was a bit too unusual to work on general public, I guess. Just like Blackbird failed, my last year's favourite.

I'm in love with Zhana btw. The smoky look in her eyes is just super beautiful. xlove And the guy starting the second verse is super talented and has so much charisma, should definitely pursue a solo career too.

So thrilled they're continuing, can't wait to hear their new stuff! Thanks, Bulgaria. :) To me, so much better than Beautiful Mess, which I absolutely disliked last year.

Preuss

I don't understand how Bulgaria could top "Beautiful Mess" and "Bones" next year??

Citelis

Staginng was terrible! ''Bones'' was a really strong song that could be on top 10 easily but the staging should be far different!

musicfan

I thought it was too much about the big motif that comes in at the end of the chorus, the rest didn't interest me.

kayak

I expected more from this song but finally it was really good, i loved this woman's wild shout :)

Preuss

This probably applies for many songs this year, but I genuinely believe that Bulgaria was "handicapped" with the no LED screen this year sadly... 14th place is still a respectable placement, but could've been more

mauve

Veteran
This probably applies for many songs this year, but I genuinely believe that Bulgaria was "handicapped" with the no LED screen this year sadly... 14th place is still a respectable placement, but could've been more

I partly understand what you are saying, but always relying on LED is getting boring. I thought that an ESC without LED could have been a chance for the entries to show their Imagination and flexibility. But many entries didn't make their best of it. And that is the sad truth.

Preuss

This song was eventually my favourite and definitely deserved a higher place. xheart I loved everything - the vocals, the camerawork, the staging. I don't get why every time an act fails to win, people try to find reasons why it did, and almost always they blame the staging or camerawork. I think it was superior. The colours created a chilling atmosphere and the direction was very good, especially during the last seconds. It's just that it was a bit too unusual to work on general public, I guess. Just like Blackbird failed, my last year's favourite.

I'm in love with Zhana btw. The smoky look in her eyes is just super beautiful. xlove And the guy starting the second verse is super talented and has so much charisma, should definitely pursue a solo career too.

So thrilled they're continuing, can't wait to hear their new stuff! Thanks, Bulgaria. :) To me, so much better than Beautiful Mess, which I absolutely disliked last year.

I had always somewhere in my mind that this wouldn't do well with televote, but I really hoped for more points from the jury to this song. Tenth place and "only" 100 points was less than I hoped for

Lindon

I partly understand what you are saying, but always relying on LED is getting boring. I thought that an ESC without LED could have been a chance for the entries to show their Imagination and flexibility. But many entries didn't make their best of it. And that is the sad truth.

It is a disadvantage for countries with little money. Not every country can afford an inflatable background prop.;)

Ezio

Veteran
I just re-ran Bulgaria's entries from 2016 to 2018 and Bones unfortunately is not as great as If Love was a crime, and Beautiful mess. It's obvious when you play all three in consecutive order.

They overplayed their cards this year. The song and performance felt very artificial and contrived to me. As a viewer, it makes you acknowledge their skills, but it does not click. The final 20 seconds of epicness don't save the song. It lacks the most what it aims for the most to arouse: intrigue and captivation.

Preuss

I just re-ran Bulgaria's entries from 2016 to 2018 and Bones unfortunately is not as great as If Love was a crime, and Beautiful mess. It's obvious when you play all three in consecutive order.

They overplayed their cards this year. The song and performance felt very artificial and contrived to me. As a viewer, it makes you acknowledge their skills, but it does not click. The final 20 seconds of epicness don't save the song. It lacks the most what it aims for the most to arouse: intrigue and captivation.

I'm still kinda surprised that the juries didn't secure this at least a top ten - they deserved it
That being said, this should've had LED screens

Mainshow

Veteran
Actually, I disagree with Ezio. I think that "Bones" is superior to the other two entries (If Love Was A Crime and Beautiful Mess), even though all of them were exceptionally brilliant.

10 pts, should have ended up being higher.

Realest

I had always somewhere in my mind that this wouldn't do well with televote, but I really hoped for more points from the jury to this song. Tenth place and "only" 100 points was less than I hoped for

I also hoped for more, but looking back, the Staging didnt work perfectly, the Group was constructed (and didnt survive outside Eurovision) and the Song was too cold and distanced and didnt have the Hitpotential Juries usually are looking for. Except :al: and :fr: I think everyone deserved their better Juryscore, although I have this as my #4 and clearly prefer it even over :cy: and :il:.

Preuss

I also hoped for more, but looking back, the Staging didnt work perfectly, the Group was constructed (and didnt survive outside Eurovision) and the Song was too cold and distanced and didnt have the Hitpotential Juries usually are looking for. Except :al: and :fr: I think everyone deserved their better Juryscore, although I have this as my #4 and clearly prefer it even over :cy: and :il:.

I don’t know really... I streamed «Bones» all day and the song is so good, but it didn’t translate on screen. I think it looked amazing live in Lisbon but I don’t think the camera work and angles were good at all. At the end of the day though, the platform was a bad idea, it was awful and contributed to it looking slightly messy at times

i also didn’t like some of the choreography, it looked forced and not in sync with the mood of the song at all

Jacco

I'm reading a bit here, and I see that people didn't like the stage. I don't agree with that myself, I thought it was very good! It suited the song well and I also liked the camerawork. And the song itself is great, of course. :love:

Top Bottom