2 1.0%

3 1.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
BULGARIA.png

Poli-Genova.jpg

:bg: Poli Genova - If Love Was A Crime :bg:

Poli graduated from The National Music School "Ljubomir Pipkov", focusing on clarinet. Now she is in her third year of study to become a film director. Even so, she continues her singing career and is involved in several projects. Genova is part of the UNICEF Charity Project "The Magnificent Six", stands as a vocalist for "Azis' Show" and "Dani Milev Band" in the first edition of the reality show "Dancing with the Stars: Bulgaria".

In 2005 and 2006 she took part in the National Selection of Eurovision Song Contest as a member of the trio "Melody".

In 2011 she represented Bulgaria in the Eurovision Song Contest 2011, with her song "Na inat", but didn't qualify to the finals. Her debut album was released in the same year.

She was a judge on the first series of the Bulgarian version of The X Factor.

On 21 October 2015, it was announced that Poli would host the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2015.
Wikipedia

<a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poli_Genova" target="_blank">

BGN

Re: BULGARIA 2016

BNT is very much interested in Eurovision and return, so hopefully this will happen next year.

lowyby

Non-participation would be a major mindfuck after their jesc contributions and the ESC-voting thingy they did
non-participation is just being butthurt imo

Krishoes

It would be actually weird not competing at the Eurovision after the JESC.

And I'm praying for a :bg: comeback, since 2008 (first year I followed the contest) it's one of my favourite nations (10 points to Miro, 12 Poli Genova, 7 Sofi Marinova, but I liked Dj, take me away and Samo shampioni too)

DanielLuis

I deifnitely want them back. They were pretty underrated in 2011, 2012 and 2013. And they were so close to qualifying in all those 3 occasions!
Hopefully their success in the JESC last year can inspire them to come back with a bang in 2016

GRE

They were some discussions with Zeliko Joksimovic.

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Amazingly underrated country, I hope they continue where they left off if they come back (although with a better entry than 2013)

A-lister

Veteran

Bulgaria sending a Balkan ballad? :?

They're a Balkan country afterall :lol:

But yeah, I hope they send something ethno... preferably chalga... a real booty shaking banger ! xcheer

Sean

Admin
Staff member

I always just think of the Balkans as the ex-yu and Albania though... would be weird for Bulgaria to have a Joksimovic ballad...

A-lister

Veteran

I always just think of the Balkans as the ex-yu and Albania though... would be weird for Bulgaria to have a Joksimovic ballad...

Well, Bulgaria is actually a part of the Balkans... less weird than Georgia, Azerbaijan and Russia sending Swedish songs for sure :lol:

BGN

Let's not say that the name of the peninsula comes from the old name of the Bulgarian Stara Planina mountain (past one was Balkan indeed). So Bulgaria is an integral part of the Balkans and there is nothing wrong to send such style of music.

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Let's not say that the name of the peninsula comes from the old name of the Bulgarian Stara Planina mountain (past one was Balkan indeed). So Bulgaria is an integral part of the Balkans and there is nothing wrong to send such style of music.

I never said there'd be anything wrong with it, I just don't automatically make the connection in my head..

BGN

That's quite expected as Bulgaria was one of the last Balkan states to join Eurovision and we've never been too fond of sending such songs to the contest. It's normal everyone to connect these Balkan ballads to the ex-Yu group :)

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

A country with entries as out-there and creative as Bulgaria sending a Joksimović ballad?

tumblr_m8gc0u0znT1rt9iqe.gif

BGN

Well, I think that it's over with the "Old Bulgaria" at Eurovision. BNT already said that they are looking for more accessible entries to pan-European viewers. And If we look at the Bulgarian jury vote this year, it clearly shows what they regard as appropriate for Eurovision:
1. Belgium, 2. Australia, 3. Italy, 4. Latvia, 5. Russia, 6. Sweden, 7. Norway, 8. Germany, 9. Azerbaijan, 10. Austria.

They already tried their new strategy with JESC and seems to work. That said, I think that there is no chance to have NF anytime soon.

lowyby

Imagine Bulgaria becoming the next Azerbaijan :O
(Without the voting scandals :p)

Top Bottom