20 6.8%

15 5.1%

15 5.1%

11 3.7%

64 21.7%

• Total voters

A-lister

Veteran
Sofi overshadowed Gaitana by the televoters, so it seems that being alone with dance song is not flaw for the ordinary people. The juries continue with their stereotypes and I find it disturbing how since their return 80% of the countries in the final are the same year after year with no more than 4 (5 max) new countries.

I have to agree. People applaud the juries, personally I think they haven't brought much good to this.

A-lister

Veteran
It will propably be Dessislava for Bulgaria next year!

Hopefully! But her song much be more stronger and true to her regular style though, the Pop compromise Love is Alive (which is still an ok song though) is far inferior to what she usually does.

An ethno ballad or something like Iskam Te Pak would be great.

daniels1000

“I’m a little sad,” Sofi admitted after the show. “I can’t believe it. I was dreaming that they have chosen us. Our whole team tried very hard, I sang with much love and a smile, and I gave everything,” she said while vowing to participate again next year. Despite the criticism, Sofi remains proud of her song and performance.

I found that here : http://wiwibloggs.com/2012/06/20/bulgaria-was-sofi-marinova-a-success-or-a-failure/18677/

alca

^ :D

marita255

Her voice is really annoying. She would sing some ballad or something different than Pop music. Actually, I think she copied Inna,romanian singer :?

BGN

I like the new summer latino version, but the Eurovision mix is still better :)

Miguel

After four months, I came to the conlusion Bulgaria was THE big injustice this year. It was one of my top 10 entries but now it is the #1. I'm still obsessed with it. It sounds amazing. The production is flawless, the atmosphere absolutely great. The instrumental is a killer! Apart from Sofi's limited vocals, this was a strong entry. And this is a SONG contest, after all. The semi-final 2 results were an embarrasment. I kinda lost faith in Eurovision after this injustice, to be honest.

BGN

Limited vocals? This is not true, but yes, they aren't tipical vocals for the western europeans. Afterall Sofi began her career singing traditional folklore songs, which cannot be performed by singer with limited vocals ;)

alca

I bet that if Love Unlimited was sung by a 20-year-old hot girl it would have ended up in the top 10! However I love Sofi! :D

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
I agree that her vocals aren't weak but not for the mainstream Western ear. i personally thought it was whiny and nasal but she was pitch wise spot on. The song still sucked but was definitely better than Norway, I wish Sofi would have won the tie breaker.

Miguel

By limited vocals I mean her not so good vocal pitch. I was not talking about her vocal range. Two different things. Not every vocalist has outstanding vocals. ;)

evilperson

I have to say, I still thoroughly enjoy this performance.

She's just having a blast alone on stage... with pyrotechnics. :)

Nikkita

WORST.ENTRY.EVER.

Arv

How underrated isn't this song? I've listened to it a lot lately and it's a really good song. It's very nice. Very "Lagom". It's not too much. It's not too little and maybe it doesn't stand out at all. But it's great to listen to it. Easily in my top 3 right now from ESC2012.

BGN

The demo version of Love Unlimited before being bought by Sofi and her producer.

Top Bottom