Contact us

Broadcasting in the U.S?

Utopian

Do you guys know whether any US channel will broadcast the contest live?

Raul_Spain

Channels like TVE International (Spain), RTP International (Portugal) etc... broadcast it (Cable/Satellite)

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
yeah, you need to have satellite to watch it (and only in certain parts of the country). I wish I could watch it on TV but have no other choice but to do the online stream. At least I don't have to worry about annoying commentators.

dtd2

I live in America also. Sadly BBC America refuses to air it. I know there are other broadcasters on satellite like the ones listed, but hardly anyone receives those channels. So I too have to watch it online, but I use my VGA cable to plug my computer into my TV so it appears on my TV :D . The main pro to the online feed is that it is commentary free :) . The con is on full screen, the video only takes one third of the screen :roll:

According to the official Eurovision site, it aired in America in '04. That was my first year watching it online and no one bothered to tell me it was on TV.

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/history/b ... st?event=8

It did get TV exposure last year with Oprah, Nightline, and Rachel Maddow discussing it. Also the Huffington Post has blogs on many of the songs this year.

Top Bottom