Contact us

Bosnia & Herzegovina BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA 2018 - Not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
bosnia_and_herzegovina_640.png

Fluke

Re: BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA 2018

If they're gonna enter, they should try sending some Sevdalinka. It's your greatest musical asset, GIVE IT A TRY!

randajad

Veteran

First, sevdalinka ain't gonna happen. Maybe some motives, but real sevdalinka, I think not and that's sad.
Second, Bosnia 2018 ain't gonna happen.
:mrgreen:

jimijoop

Banned

Bozo Vreco with epic song
And Natalija Havralenko

ESCKerli

With Bosnia's current financial situation and the complete mess that 2016 was, I doubt they'll be back next year. We do miss you though. Bosnia has always been one of my favourite countries in eurovision, and them not being in the competition is just as tragic as Turkey and Slovakia not participating to me. There's lots of Bosnians here in Sweden that want you back and they're ready to vote for you if you manage to cough something good up!

DanielLuis

I know the Bosnian broadcaster and the country itself are going through problematic times, so it's very unlikely that they'll be back. But I really hope they do return somehow, with one of those fantastic, high-quality and unique Bosnian entries like "Lejla", "Pokusaj", "Korake ti znam" or "Rijeka bez imena"! Most of the Bosnian entries have such a great classy feel to them, I really miss you in Eurovision!

randajad

Veteran

Not only our broadcasters are mess at the moment, but there is huge lack of interest in the contest.

DanielLuis

Not only our broadcasters are mess at the moment, but there is huge lack of interest in the contest.

Don't worry, if you came back with a good entry interest would return, surely.

Charly

No surprises there, the official confirmation of no participation. The government really need to aid BHRT in terms of finance. Even if they adopt the same approach as Bulgaria in handling participation fees it will bot be enough to help BHRT especially with the potential sponsorship

GRE

BHRT, the national broadcaster of Bosnia & Herzegovina, confirmed that they will not be broadcasting any of the three shows of the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest, which will take place in Portugal. The reason is that the national broadcaster cannot pay to air the shows.

hijirio

Veteran
Do we still have the rule that says country that didn’t air the show previous year can’t participate in the following year?

Top Bottom