Contact us

Blue none...

sophielou

All the countries start out on nul points before the voting begins. He was just making a joke about the UK's fear of having a repeat of Jemini and getting Nul Point.

sophielou

I never listened to Graham Norton but is he any better than Terry Wogan?
I like him. Wogan was always so cynical and it was starting to get a little old and tiresome towards the end. Graham's a little more cheerful. :D

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
That's good then. I never cared for Terry Wogan. I get that he was so cynical and a lot of viewers enjoyed the fact that he made fun of certain entries but IMO he also was partly responsible for the reputation ESC has in the U.K.

I should listen to the British broadcast on YT

nikolay_BG

Banned
Terry Wogan sounded like a sad grandpa who had a little too much whisky and is commenting the ESC. Not very proffesional too :lol:

I watched some videos from the 2007 voting, he sais around 10000 times that there is not a single western country in the top 10. But of course he doesn`t say that almost all of the western countries sucked in that year and countries like Russia, Serbia, Greece etc. were the bomb.

I always wondered why does BBC have a translator for them. Isn`t the show in...uhm...english?

alca

I always wondered why does BBC have a translator for them. Isn`t the show in...uhm...english?
Well we have commentators and that's what Wogan and Norton are. The Greek commentator for example is also a translator. ;)

Mickey

Don't remember the joke you're referring to, but Blue Nun is a famous brand of cheap wine in the UK. It was a pun.

doctormalisimo

NSC Mod
There was a lot of controversy after the 2009 show when the Albanians were complaining that Norton was making fun of their country. I remember one comment that still makes me laugh: "If she's dreaming about being carried away by those blue men, she should get herself checked out" :lol:

MyHeartIsYours

I never got Terry Wogan at the time, maybe it was because I was quite a bit younger, but now when I hear bits of what he said during Eurovision I must say it does make me laugh :lol:. Graham Norton I've found to be a but of a disappointment with Eurovision, it's a shame cuz he's hilarious on his show and that and always makes me laugh but on Eurovision he's not as good. Maybe it's cuz you cant see him but I think it's because he's told by the BBC to be less risque - also he could do with a partner, ALAN CARR!!!!! :D :D

Top Bottom