MyHeartIsYours

On Betfair, the top 5 is:

1. :de: Germany - 5.2
2. :no: Norway - 6
3. :gr: Greece - 11.5
4. :tr: Turkey - 18.5
5. :uk: United Kingdom - 24

EvNickGR

Lol Greece..:p I think that UK will be for sure in top 5, or winning...mark my words...

MyHeartIsYours

Lol Greece..:p I think that UK will be for sure in top 5, or winning...mark my words...
Awww thank you!! xkiss
I certainly hope so!! :mrgreen: It makes me feel more hopefully to know we are the 5th favourite - much better than being the least favourite last year! :lol:

Interrail

How countries can be favorites when they still didn't even choose songs? Just based on traditionally good results (Greece, Turkey), or what?

Rusch

How countries can be favorites when they still didn't even choose songs? Just based on traditionally good results (Greece, Turkey), or what?

Because these countries had strong entries all over the past years. I wonder why the Urkrain is missing.

MyHeartIsYours

Yeh, it's based on their traditionally brilliant results :).

The top 5 in SemiFinal 1 are:

1. :no: Norway - 2.1

2. :tr: Turkey - 3

3. :gr: Greece - 3

4. :az: Azerbaijan - 4

5. :ge: Georgia - 4.2

And SemiFinal 2 top 5 are:

1. :ro: Romania - 2.7

2. :ie: Ireland - 3

3. :il: Israel - 3

4. :se: Sweden - 3.5

5. :dk: Denmark - 4

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
The odds are always crazy and get more "accurate" once all songs are known. I wouldn't pay too much attention to them. The UK is doing good in the odds because they're sending a big name and Turkey/Azerbaijan/Greece are up there because of their recent good results. But that is all going to change very soon.

AlekS

Veteran
I assume it's just begun. We will find out the real results right closer to the dress rehearsals.
Right now they don't have enough bets/info in order to form correct data.

Because these countries had strong entries all over the past years. I wonder why the Urkrain is missing.
14th.
Dunno about semis.

MyHeartIsYours

Yup, but also we must remember that Ireland was still one of the favourites to win the whole contest in 2008, even on the same day as its SemiFinal which it obviously got knocked-out in!

MrJadeEwen

Betting Odds are pointless at the moment, bookies are just decreasing the odds of those countries which "historically" do well & any hype about any entry gets the odds slashed. Until April when the Odds settle we won't be knowing much ;)

Mark-ESC14

These lists don't really tell you anything about the possibility of winning or qualifying because it's based on results from the previous years and doesn't take into account the songs from this year. Then I can understand why Germany is at the top, since they won last year. :)

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Last edited:

MyHeartIsYours

On Betfair, the 5 countries with the most money placed on them are:

1. :de: Germany - $10037

2. :no: Norway - $9205

3. :ie: Ireland - $3816

4. :uk: United Kingdom - $1198

5. :gr: Greece - $872

So as you can see, not much money has been placed atm.

Tristran

I certainly hope so!! :mrgreen: It makes me feel more hopefully to know we are the 5th favourite - much better than being the least favourite last year! :lol:

Seems like we have exchanged places then! ;)

Top Bottom