Contact us

Best/worst ever result

tsegaye

The task is simple! Which country/countries do YOU think will get their best AND worst ever results? I'll start!

Best:
:cz: - Can't see it not finishing top 20

Okay that was about it... Or... Whatever I'll go bold on this one!
:hu: - Will slay the televote and get enough jury points to finish 3rd :lol:

Worst (you can define it however you want, worst placement in the final or semi, you choose):
:mt: - I think it will be fighting with :sm: to avoid the bottom place of the semi unfortunately :(
:au: - Will probably end up right outside of the top 10. It's sick that that will be their worst ever result :lol:
:ro: - I've been feeling this one all winter, a first NQ is ahead of them.
:is: - Will be fighting in the bottom of SF1 as well.
:az: - I think it's a borderline qualifier, and if it qualifies it will do a Levina.

94ayd

Best: :bg: :hr: :cz: :mk: (2 of these songs are not out, so I might put :cy: instead of one of :hr: & :mk: :lol:)
Worst: :is: :ro: :ru: :ua:

Alaska49

BEST EVER RESULTS: czech republic (almost by default)

this is it because most countries have placed in the top 3 already and i cannot say anything this year will be top 3 with such confidence. i do think finland will get their best result in the decade though.

WORST EVER RESULTS: romania, iceland, russia, australia (also by default)

ayzelto

Best:
:cz: that will end up like Moldova last year, getting a decent result in the juries and slaying in the televote.

Worst:
:az: possibly not qualifying for the first time.
:au: borderline qualifier, bad result in the final.
:is: not qualifying, and being maybe last or second before last in semi?

Citelis

Best: :cz: Personally i don't like it but it will finish very high!

Worst: Propably :is: since no one likes it! Maybe :au: but there are always juries that can help it rech top 10!

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
So far :

Best : Czech Republic, Australia, France and possibly Bulgaria
Worst : Iceland, Azerbaijan, Serbia and Slovenia

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
You dont really believe Australia to win?

I'm not a huge fan of the song, but it has tremendous potential, and all the pundits are rating it highly, despite the mixed fan reaction. In such a terrible year, where there isn't a stand-out contender so far, Australia can't be counted out for victory.

mauve

Veteran
I'm not a huge fan of the song, but it has tremendous potential, and all the pundits are rating it highly, despite the mixed fan reaction. In such a terrible year, where there isn't a stand-out contender so far, Australia can't be counted out for victory.

Still I think that the statement - Australia might be a possible winner - rather belongs to the bold prediction thread. :D

Chorizo

Best: :cz:
Worst: :au:

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
Still I think that the statement - Australia might be a possible winner - rather belongs to the bold prediction thread. :D

Why would it be bold? They are one of the favourites to win with the bookies.

mauve

Veteran
Why would it be bold? They are one of the favourites to win with the bookies.

I am usually sceptical about the odds. I mean how can they place countries in the odds when the songs are not even published yet (Bulgaria, Sweden, Finland, Israel, Russia)? And they rank them high. So I also don't trust the other placements such as Australia.

Ezio

Veteran
Best: :am: :cz:
Worst:: :az: :au: :is:

ZoboCamel

Best result: :cz:. As a bit of a less likely guess, :au::bg:, which I think are outside chances for the win.

Worst result: :ro::ru::az:, and at a longer shot :rs::is:.

If we're just talking about the last 10 years, then I think :ee::il: are in with a particularly good chance to top themselves, with :gr::be: less likely but still possible.

FreeFair

Best results: Czech Republic (almost certain!), Bulgaria, Hungary
Worst Results- Romania (NQ), Azerbaijan (NQ), Armenia (NQ), Russia (NQ), Australia (probably 12th)

Top Bottom