Contact us

Best John Lundvik?

Which John Lundvik is the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fluke

No doubt one of the toughest face-offs this year will be between.... John Lundvik, performer and songwriter of Sweden's entry, and John Lundvik, songwriter of the UK entry! Which one will come out on top?

Ezio

Veteran
The UK song is awful but because of the singer. The version sang by the girl candidate was superior.

Too late for love is better than both versions though.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Can't say I'm a huge fan of the Swedish entry, but "John Lundvik" by John Lundvik* is eons better than what he *AHEM* gifted the United Kingdom.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I resent John for what he did to us this year.

I kind of agree with Ezio though. Bigger Than Us was challenging in both versions but the Holly version I could manage to sit through at least. John's own song that he gifted himself is alright + competitive. It's like asking me do I want a slap in the face or a little pot of bubbles. I choose the bubbles of course. They might be gone before I know it but I can enjoy them for 5 minutes at least.

JubilantDeliciousBat-max-1mb.gif

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
With Michael, John wins, with Holly, Holly wins. For me Holly had a lot more potential tbh and a solid revamp could have taken that song somewhere. There isn't really any real 'country' (term used loosely) style song this year so I feel her song would have stood a far better chance. Michaels version however, was UK NF winner through and through, and the clear BBC choice imo. That said Michael is an AMAZING singer. But in this case, John, and it's not even close.

ayzelto

Sweden is far better, but things would be different if Bigger than us was sung by Holly Tandy

Fluke

The real irony is that not only was "Bigger than Us" submitted to Melodifestivalen for John to perform, it was the song he preferred if the choice had been up to him. So he's actually competing against some British dork with the song he had meant to sing himself :mrgreen:

Also, there's one songwriter who contributed to THREE entries this year, but i forgot which.

Lindon

Also, there's one songwriter who contributed to THREE entries this year, but i forgot which.

Do you mean Laurell Barker? She's like an assembly line for Eurovision songs.xboring

Top Bottom