ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Looren

Veteran
A NF for 2023?

I hope it tbh

We have many great artists and yet they chose almost ony artists coming from The Voice, not that I dislike it but I think an NF would be good for established artists to try

Yeah we sent Hooverphonic but it's an exception, I hope people like Charles or Luka can also try

HarryUK

Belgium are welcome to leave their flop era any day now...

It's all gone down hill since Blanche (although I loved 2021... should have done so much better!!!!)

Skrzeczk

A NF for 2023?

Yes.
VRT is organising a national selection for Eurovision 2023, the first time since 2016. More details have not been revealed yet.

Looren

Veteran
I ended up disliking our last year entry after the awful live tbh, so I hope something better this year

N°1 on my wishlist is Charles but I would also like to see Luka try

Mainshow

Veteran
Seven artists to participate in Belgium´s NF with 2 songs each

Honestly, I absolutely HATE such NF´s.

Let different artists compete with a song on their own and call it a day - Don´t "overdo" it or make things more complicated.

At least, it will be "one song per artist" in some sort of "superfinal":

There will be seven different acts competing in Eurosong 2023, each with two different songs. A televoting is supposed to decide one song for each act, which they will then perform in the final, which is most likely going to take place in mid-February.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Seven artists to participate in Belgium´s NF with 2 songs each

Honestly, I absolutely HATE such NF´s.

Let different artists compete with a song on their own and call it a day - Don´t "overdo" it or make things more complicated.

At least, it will be "one song per artist" in some sort of "superfinal":

I agree. but this time at least artists will come up with their own songs (not what uk, germany and israel did) so I guess it's not so bad. + artists may want to promote more than one song..

shameless

Belgium are welcome to leave their flop era any day now...

It's all gone down hill since Blanche (although I loved 2021... should have done so much better!!!!)
Yep, they basically were trying to reproduce Blanches and Loics successes without leaving their comfort zone and has played it too safe. One could say at least they qualified the last two times but only sending a sophisticated entry is not enough when the performers lack of stage presence and you just don't get a song like City Lights just like that.
I am all ready for some more goofy flemish Eurosong NFs like in earlier days because they mean a lot of fun but I am not sure if it will mean better results. :D

A-lister

Veteran
I hope they go back to their trademark sound of slightly melancholic darker "indie"-Pop, maybe this time in Dutch or French a la Netherlands 2022.

The Belgian entry in 2022 was like a parody of early 2000 R&B boyband sound, really bad.

Top Bottom