21 11.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
This song is so I.M but weaker. Belgium is giving us nothing this year, but they have a bigger Q chance than Israel last year obviously

hijirio

Veteran
This is straight out of my white sugar daddy's car playlist that I always pretend I am enjoying, and I actually do, but I somehow don't

6757642.jpg

Raising from :5: to :7:

Hatari2600

This song is such a fun trip to the 90s I can't help but to like it and feel like breaking out in dance :lol: He seems to be such a likable guy as well, and quite shockingly compared to what everyone believed back in January it should stand a decent chance to qualify when it really is going to stand out as a fun upbeat track among all those ballads in the first half. A 6/12 from me!

akoz

One of the most underrated songs this year. I don't put my top together still but it looks like Belgium will be somewhere around top10 in my top. I loved this from beginning, really love a melody of the song and his performance at nf, also helps that this song is definitely not a fader - I never get bored to listen it, always brings fun and joy. Also saw a few recommended esc rating videos on youtube, I was shocked how famdom almost always puts this song at the bottom - what a shock will they have in May, when Gustaph will easily get to the finalxmusic

MopManMoss

Veteran
Belgium 2018 is my second favourite eurovision song of all time I have probably listened to it atleast 1000 times and today was the first time my brain acknowledged backing vocals on it and who elses voice is it other than GUSTAPH

theditz83

Veteran
This song is honestly becoming one of my most listened to tracks of the 2023 season. I think personally I was perhaps a little put-off by the awful "costume" from the NF and that perhaps impacted upon my enjoyment of this overall package (glad to hear that they are switching things up for Liverpool) but listening to the Eurovision 2023 playlist on Spotify, this is the one track that guarantees to stop me in my tracks and make me groove - the song is everything I should love anyway, and it's just the perfect feel-good party anthem.

I will be so so disappointed if this doesn't qualify for the final.

A-lister

Veteran
A-lister's annual review:

Very Ru Paul's Drag Race, gay disco 90's with a bit of 70's disco, a bit too much on the nose with the "accept yourself" and not that strong melodically and composition-wise, but a step up from Israel 2022 that was trying to do the same thing (if comparing to anything). It's not a particularly strong song, but it's not bad, it's kind of just is though. What saves this is his vocals but generally it's a bit too flat and dated.

Ezio

Veteran
I don't know what fans of this song expect, when it neither won the public nor the televote. For me it's too much Drag Race, and Israel duck walked this lane already last year. This song is even less original than I.M. Is this supposed to be an LGBTQIA+ anthem? Lyrics basic, Switzerland 2004 level. And what puts me off particularly, is the way he moves his mouth, it looks kinda vulgar. I can't watch the video due to the overused duck walks and his mouth moving, lol. Take your 3 points and carry on.

nofuxCZ

For me it's too much Drag Race, and Israel duck walked this lane already last year. This song is even less original than I.M.
Besides the fact Belgium is a completely different and much better song, I had a strong urge to punch a big hole through my TV while watching Israel last year and I didn't even need to hear Michael Ben David speak, his obnoxious annoying personality was oozing through. Gustaph's energy that I get from his performance is opposite of that.

MopManMoss

Veteran
I don't know what fans of this song expect, when it neither won the public nor the televote. For me it's too much Drag Race, and Israel duck walked this lane already last year. This song is even less original than I.M. Is this supposed to be an LGBTQIA+ anthem? Lyrics basic, Switzerland 2004 level. And what puts me off particularly, is the way he moves his mouth, it looks kinda vulgar. I can't watch the video due to the overused duck walks and his mouth moving, lol. Take your 3 points and carry on.
But IM was all about Michael Ben David thinking he is better than everyone else and being self obsessive whereas gustaphs song is about positivity and elevating others, yes the song is nothing original but I don’t think the comparison to Israel last year is fair

Top Bottom