Life goes on
Don't wanna live my life
Waiting for your call

Sometimes I feel down
Sometimes I booze
Sometimes I fall​

ESC94

I am not impressed, either.
Even though he seems to sing nicely and accurately, his vocals sound so bland and boring to me. I don't feel anything.

Completely agree. He can sing, that´s undeniable, but I´ve already heard and seen so many candidates like him in at "Pop Idol" or "The Voice", there´s nothing that makes him special for me. :confused:

I take everything back though if the song is great. :)

rasmuslights

Veteran
Basically, I share my views on him with most of the people here...

But I do trust Belgium when it comes to songs, Belgium is actually my fave country at esc so I'm sure we will get something good again!:)

rasmuslights

Veteran
Basically, I share my views on him with most of the people here...

But I do trust Belgium when it comes to songs, Belgium is actually my fave country at esc so I'm sure we will get something good again!:)

and this is just confirmed!

he wrote the song (most likely) with the guy who also wrote 2017 and 2019 - both entries were in my top 5 (Eliot of course climbed down my leaderboard with the live performance) !

CPV4931

I somehow like his voice, hopefully won´t be disappointed by the song

ayzelto

Tbh I was just hoping Belgium would go for Charles, Jérémie is a random choice imo.

However, it's still too early to judge, we still have 6 months to know the song.

Grinch

He has a nice voice, but not awesome. With a cool R&B song, he can have a chance.
But please please please don't give him some boring ballad!

Shadowfuxcs

meh

He doesn't have a strong first impression on me, hopefully the actual song will be different than the direction he took on the voice.
Also he might have a decent voice on paper but I don't see enough charisma for now. Belgium has messed things up in the past by pairing good songs to sub-par talent show alumni with little to no stage experience.

A-lister

Veteran
and this is just confirmed!

he wrote the song (most likely) with the guy who also wrote 2017 and 2019 - both entries were in my top 5 (Eliot of course climbed down my leaderboard with the live performance) !

2017 and 2019 were both great entries, 2017 was in fact my fav that year and 2019 was in my top. 10 (would have been even higher if it wasn't butchered live), so I'm staying optimistic that i'll like this one!

A-lister

Veteran
meh

He doesn't have a strong first impression on me, hopefully the actual song will be different than the direction he took on the voice.
Also he might have a decent voice on paper but I don't see enough charisma for now. Belgium has messed things up in the past by pairing good songs to sub-par talent show alumni with little to no stage experience.

Yeah it all depends on the song, but you make a good point though and this worries me too a bit.

I bims

Veteran
That's great to hear! I love the vibe Belgium was going for the past couple of years!
But I also agree that Jeremie isn't the most charismatic singer. While charisma is important if the song is great and the staging competent it can still work though. Let's just wait and see. I'm always excited for Belgium!

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Luka wasn't viable for RTBF representation anyway.

Jérémie is a random choice imo.

Jérémie was rumoured since June, so... hardly random or even unexpected. Charles would have been random though.

And Slovenia happens to be mine (after what happened to Estonia. :rolleyes:), let's bond over it with a pint of raspberry-flavoured cider!

Going for Dumoulin is good. Turning it into a good stage show is something else.

njdevils94

Veteran
After sending Eliot "voice like a shattered vase" Vassamillet, anyone who can sing is an improvement.
I'm sure Jeremie will be fine vocally. I just hope he doesn't get given a typical Dumoulin song just to show off his voice and they go for something a bit riskier like City Lights.

Etanna

I hope they're just busy working on making a great song, but it's weirdly quiet indeed.
Isn't Belgium always quite quiet during the season and only starts giving us more information a week or so before the song is released?

Top Bottom