When love is good
Life goes on
Don't wanna live my life
Waiting for your call

Sometimes I feel down
Sometimes I booze
Sometimes I fall​

Lance Esgard

I like his voice, but to me this feels like the production needs to add more bite and oomph. Or just more character. I am also very wary about the gospel choir, because pre-recorded choirs at Eurovision have totally fallen flat for me in the past. This is an entry that could grow on me considerably if the staging and live performance brings more life into it.

Biste

Giving this a patriotic 8 points.
Would have liked the R&B parts to be a little bit "dirtier". Just to move the song away a bit from entering vocal exercise territory. Curious if he can deliver that perhaps in the live version on stage.

Etanna

I've already changed my opinion. The song is a bit repetitive but Jérémie's voice is amazing and this song allows him to really show off what he can do with it. It's commendable of him to go for something different to what we've seen in The Voice. Good luck to him (I'm still worried about the staging killing his chances though)!

VikingTiger

I guess this could be concidered a solid and quality entry. Jeremie is a good vocalist too. But the song just doesnt do it for me. Mostly I guess because of the genre. And the only song that in my opinion was ever lifted by adding a gospel choir was Madonna's iconic Like a Prayer...

aef

This annoyed me more and more today, the trap beat is so awful. From :4: to :2: points.

midnightsun

Veteran
The verses aren‘t bad per se but it’s just too polished and too Eurovision-y and sounds like something Sweden would write when trying to send some r‘n‘b.

Fluke

Whoa, my mom listened through all the entries (so far) and this was her absolute stand-out favorite, along with Ukraine, Serbia and Poland, i think... doesn't say all that much, but i think it can do better than expected, maybe another top 10 placement for Belgium after some weak years.

Chorizo

I'm not too happy with all the ballads this year, but I think this song is actually quite nice and enjoyable. It's slow, yet very different from all those boring and stereotypical female ballads that plague this year. 10 points.

yulara

I gave 8 points. It's not my cup of tea but this song has definitely some quality, like all belgium entries for the last years.
Bien joué voisin !

Iker

Veteran
I'm not too happy with all the ballads this year, but I think this song is actually quite nice and enjoyable. It's slow, yet very different from all those boring and stereotypical female ballads that plague this year. 10 points.
I would not call it a ballade.

Ezio

Veteran
I am kinda bored by this song. Then I heard Deban's take on it and I fully agree, lackluster, generic and Vincent Bueno-ish. Great singer, mediocre song.

It's actually an amazing R'n'B song. As that is the genre I prefer over pop, especially Swedish and Dutch produced pop 😆, I'll vote for this song several times. It's in my top 5.

A-lister

Veteran
My review:

Meh, every year we get these gospel-lite inspired Pop ballads with some slight R&B undertones, but this might be one of the blandest and most forgettable attempts in this genre yet.

Top Bottom