What was I thinking? 'Cause all we did was fight
Don't you ever dare to wear my Johnny Cash t-shirt

You're in the wrong place, you're in the wrong place
Don't you ever dare to wear my Johnny Cash t-shirt​

Last edited by a moderator:

Gitte

They scored way better in the semi-final televote (11th in tele, 7th in juries, 9th total) which is not THAT great still, but reasonable. In the final they clearly got drowned by the running order and other 'slower' entries such as Bulgaria, Portugal, France and Switzerland.

musicfan

They scored way better in the semi-final televote (11th in tele, 7th in juries, 9th total) which is not THAT great still, but reasonable. In the final they clearly got drowned by the running order and other 'slower' entries such as Bulgaria, Portugal, France and Switzerland.
The hyped serious songs were well known to be France and Switzerland, so it was a competition between them. Even if they had the stronger song from last year they probably wouldn't have done better.

Gitte

The hyped serious songs were well known to be France and Switzerland, so it was a competition between them. Even if they had the stronger song from last year they probably wouldn't have done better.
Yup. The competition in the slow/serious department was simply WAY too strong, competition they didn't have in the first semi (slovenia, North Macedonia and Romania kinda, but they all were worse in other aspects)

tuorem

Expected outcome sadly, performing 4th was never going to help either.

The sadist in me looks forward to @anaraqueen 's reaction to the results they got though :ROFLMAO: I sense it's going to be... spicy.
I have to quote myself because now I know why sis @anaraqueen did not bother writing a post here. She filmed her reaction. :LOL:

Ezio

Veteran
Expected outcome sadly, performing 4th was never going to help either.

The sadist in me looks forward to @anaraqueen 's reaction to the results they got though :ROFLMAO: I sense it's going to be... spicy.
I wonder how Estonia pulled off that amazing televote result in 2015 from the 4th position. Hardly ever happened before, and never again afterwards.

I bims

Veteran
I wonder how Estonia pulled off that amazing televote result in 2015 from the 4th position. Hardly ever happened before, and never again afterwards.
The song and performance was simply amazing. Multiple people that just casually watch Eurovision mentioned that entry when I talked about past stuff they liked.

tuorem

Because people could not ignore how infectious the melody was, and how great the package looked.

They did super well in the semi, but somehow it was okay to throw them under the bus in the final like Israel that year. I never got why the juries did not like them by the way.

Ezio

Veteran
The song and performance was simply amazing. Multiple people that just casually watch Eurovision mentioned that entry when I talked about past stuff they liked.
It was a very good song, but their result still stuns me and I wonder if it was not a wasted opportunity for them to have a better result with a later draw.

Same with Israel that year, which went also into the Top 10 with many televotes from 3rd position, in a field of 27.

2015 put some conventional wisdom upside down.

midnightsun

Veteran
I want to point out that I absolutely ADORE their new album Hidden Things (avail. on Spotify). I‘m listening to it the whole time. It’s AWESOME! It’s a bit more mainstream than their last albums but it didn’t mean it’s worse. On the contrary, many songs on it are different from the Wrong Place. Finally my beloved Triphop is back again! Whoohoo, I strongly recommend listening to it!

hijirio

Veteran
3 points from televote................ #overrated

hijirio

Veteran
Ok let me put it like this.

I don't like the Italian and Icelandic songs this year, but I love the band's vibe and chemistry, their attitude and character.
It's just the opposite with Hooverphonic. The song is not bad at all, but the band is soooo offputting and conceited.

From Luka's undeserved exit to the "Mad About You" banner on their postcard (whose idea was it even? dfkjlgdskljgsdh) to their attitude on Europe Shine A Light . . . .

so yeah, 3 pts from the televotes was #overrated

just #bye

won't miss

mauve

Veteran
Ok let me put it like this.

Flo Rida is taking part! *hype hype hype* But flopping hard.

So yeah, 13 pts from the televotes was #overrated :whistle:

hijirio

Veteran
Who cares about Flo Rida lmfao

We were hyping her from the beginning, regardless of Flo

And this is not even the San Marino thread? #404error #connectionnotfound dfjgsdfkljgksjdgdkjgkjldsgkjs ded

Jopi

I am extremely happy this song had it's place in the final. The highest quality song this year, for sure. I expected to be lowish with televote, but damn that 3 points were harsh. Anyway, hopefully we will see more songs like The Wrong Place in future contests.
Ps. why Belgium keeps separating Efentix:ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom