2 1.5%

7 5.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Belgium-scaled.jpg

Ezio

Veteran
Your Austrianness prevents you from seeing the obvious televote potential, which is why you lose that vote all the time...x

your Belgianness prevents you from seeing that belting divas have a televote flop potential higher than your contempt for Autriche. however my contempt for greasy Belgian cuisine is unheard of. #nowaffles

BorisBubbles

Veteran
your Belgianness prevents you from seeing that belting divas have a televote flop potential higher than your contempt for Autriche. however my contempt for greasy Belgian cuisine is unheard of. #nowaffles
I refuse to be lectured on cuisines by somebody who fucking BOILS GIANT BALLS OF DOUGH and calls it a dessert :-/

Ezio

Veteran
the dough contains delicious vanilla sugar and is later on filled with glorious jam, cream or chocolate and may also be sickeningly iced :mad:

and I am a salad tiger anyway....

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
Alex Callier said following:

“Next year I will choose a great song again. With or without lift — I don’t care. I can imagine that we now need a happy and up-tempo song. I may write something like that, but it is too early to say anything about it.”

I hope we'll get a lot of up-tempo and uplifting songs next year!

mauve

Veteran
Alex Callier said following:

“Next year I will choose a great song again. With or without lift — I don’t care. I can imagine that we now need a happy and up-tempo song. I may write something like that, but it is too early to say anything about it.”

I hope we'll get a lot of up-tempo and uplifting songs next year!
I think an up-tempo song would be fantastic. Even though I really loved "Release me", I am not sure if ESC would have honored it. Probably it was too slow and melancholic for people to like it.

tuorem

My review:

BELGIUM 2020 - Hooverphonic - Release Me: "me likey"

Well, it seems like Belgians can't get enough of what some people call "James Bond music" as if it were a genre. I was looking forward to Hooverphonic and - against all odds - I wasn't disappointed overall.

Yes, it's another "Bond" theme, yes it's quite repetitive, yes the female singer's voice isn't what I prefer tone-wise, and yet I still like that song. To keep me content, just give me a good ol' melancholic ballad. The retro-vibe, the classy instrumentation and the dramatic atmosphere are really super similar to "A Matter Of Time" for obvious reasons, but I feel like "Release Me" feels more complete in its development, although there's not even a shadow of a climax. I'll say that while that effort pleases me for what it is, I think that Belgians will have to think of new ideas after 2021, because it seems to me they are a trapped in a cycle to try to reiterate their recent successes.

While that song will make my top 10 easily, I guess it would have had a hard time in the real contest. I envisioned a nocturnal and ethereal staging that they most likely wouldn't have been able to pull off because visuals have been either tragic or non-existent after Blanche. And "Release Me" would have needed a very special presentation to stand out imo. The most likely outcome would have been a Sennek 2.0 I think.

With that being said, I'm glad the group is back and they'll offer something less slow in 2021; unless it's botched, it can only improve their chances of qualification. I'll keep an eye on our neighbours ;)

Milos-BC

I still have it on repeat xlove One of my favorites from 2020 and I'm sure they would've gotten a great result. Unfortunately, this year's song is slightly weaker, but I still hope for a qualification.

12 points.

Top Bottom