6 4.5%

2 1.5%

7 5.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Belgium-scaled.jpg

musicfan

Another decent effort put in by the Belgian broadcaster, on the back of Wake Up (and What's the Pressure from a few years back). Curious to see if this will be a long lasting like for me or not. Definitely feels above normal Eurovision standard.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

gosh. :lol: It was already at Chipmunk less than 30 seconds in. :ROFLMAO:

Any more Release Mes and it would be so high pitched only dogs could hear it.

hijirio

Veteran
Send her every year

Alaska49

me too, downgraded from 10 to 8 :( what matters is the first impression though, which i still think can carry them to a good result

BorisBubbles

Veteran
There's definitely a niche for Hooverphonic because the general response has been positive, but the main problem has always been one of mood. Most people who tune in want to be entertained and have fun. "Uno" and "On fire" are going to score. They're fun. "Release me" is morose and sullen, which isn't a particularly fun mood to be occupying.

I think they can qualify (in 6th place at best because Russia, Lithuania, Sweden, Malta and Norway will be the top five in the semi), but they risk being completely forgotten once they've reached the funale.

Mrm

Veteran
It is growing on me slowly..definitely a good composition. :)

mauve

Veteran
There's definitely a niche for Hooverphonic because the general response has been positive, but the main problem has always been one of mood. Most people who tune in want to be entertained and have fun. "Uno" and "On fire" are going to score. They're fun. "Release me" is morose and sullen, which isn't a particularly fun mood to be occupying.

I think they can qualify (in 6th place at best because Russia, Lithuania, Sweden, Malta and Norway will be the top five in the semi), but they risk being completely forgotten once they've reached the funale.
xrollinglolI guess the pun was intended? "Fun-ale"? xrollinglol

Ezio

Veteran
Norway will be Top 5 in that semi? According to whom? That is a natural born shock non-qualifier.

VikingTiger

Belgium stays solid in my personal top 10 this year. But I think they will need a really memorable performance to go through to the final. There are quite a few other countries that I think will be jury pleasers in this semi. And it's not the kind of song that I find that televoters would normally go for. But with a solid performance and a good staging I have hopes of seeing Belgium in the final yet again.
I still love her vocals.

ayzelto

It's pleasant to listen but at the same time boring and repetitive. People seem to like it, I just don't mind it. 5 points.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Norway will be Top 5 in that semi? According to whom? That is a natural born shock non-qualifier.
Your Austrianness prevents you from seeing the obvious televote potential, which is why you lose that vote all the time...x

Top Bottom