2 1.5%

7 5.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Belgium-scaled.jpg

BorisBubbles

Veteran
My bet is on Belgium right now, and besides that, neighbour wins are the best in Eurovision anyway.

Nah. When they were first announced, I instantly thought Hooverphonic would finish somewhere in the lower half of the top 10 at best. "Release me"'s reveal changed nothing.

7-13th is my guess for their placement in the finale, if they make it there.

Preuss

Honestly, I want to like this more than I do, but I'm giving it a generous 8 for now. I hope Belgium can bring great staging like 2015 and 2016 again and not the crap staging they've been serving us 2017-2019

JamieBrown

I didn't want to listen to any full entry this year before May, yet it's Hooverphonic plus I just had to, after what I read in here. I find it stunning and especially her voice is marvelous, although I agree with most here, that it lacks something. The live show will have to do for them in order not to die in beauty during the semi. Wish them the best

Mrm

Veteran
I’m afraid if that girl, singer of Hooverphonic appears on ESC stage dressed like in the official video (really like for a funeral) they are doomed, at least with televoting.. :(

theditz83

Veteran
This did not surprise me. Entirely the kind of vibe I was expecting, I'm seeing black and white camera work, fairly muted staging, no real fanfare. It could work I guess, but for me the song is lacking a steady structure and flow. It feels like it's been written to be a 4 minute long song and then hacked to death to cut it down to the 3 minute limit. Too rushed by the end. 6 points for now. Depends on the overall performance and staging.

Last edited:
Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
I’m afraid if that girl, singer of Hooverphonic appears on ESC stage dressed like in the official video (really like for a funeral) they are doomed, at least with televoting.. :(

Just let her hair down, put a vibrant lipstick color, add give some moody lighting, and it can pop.

ESCREGION

Sorry but kind of boring to me :2:

VikingTiger

I am very happy with Belgium this year!
I liked the song from the start. The mood is set from the start, and the song transmits a sadness and melancholy that I find very soothing. I love the tone in her voice and the lazyness with which she sings and drags herself through the song.
To me the song is more of a feeling and a mood than a great melody.
Usually that is not easily transmitted on stage... So I really dont know how this will fare in May - not too good I am afraid.
But I'm actually giving this a 10 for now.

Ezio

Veteran
There is no hype, no favourite treatment. Thread is short, no haters trying to dish controversy. Am I delusional to think that this can win then?

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Top 10 is perfectly possible, but I'm thinking more around 13th place in the finale.

This song has no haters. It will therefore do very well with juries. Televoters otoh? Eh.

I think they're a Lake Malawi. An OBVIOUS qualifier cloaked in a BL package that sweeps juries but the audience doesn't really care about.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
There is no hype, no favourite treatment. Thread is short, no haters trying to dish controversy. Am I delusional to think that this can win then?
Usually winning songs do have haters so I don't think it means anything anyway :lol:

Loindici

Veteran
"Release Me" fell flat after three days, eventhough the :10: that I gave it. If Belgium failed to market "Release Me" after this, this might be the first true 'bland vanilla' of the season.

mauve

Veteran
xmusicI also believe that a song rather needs to be controversary to win. But I really love this entry. It's smooth, maybe too smooth for some people, but I simply love this songa and am listening to it a lot.

Preuss

It's weird, ever since I wrote my post that I gave it a generous 8, the song and the melody have been stuck in my head so I listened to it a 4th and 5th time yesterday and I love it. Upgrading to 12, and I really hope they can enchant the song with a brilliant performance as I'm afraid it might not be instant enough for people to realize how great the song is

Last edited:

Dessi

I love it xheart... this is my only 12 up to now. xlove

Top Bottom