2 1.5%

7 5.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Belgium-scaled.jpg

Etanna

Re: BELGIUM 2020

another super-young representant for Belgium? :D :D I mean I don't mind, they have been sending unique, modern, high-quality songs and I hope they will continue to deliver. Hopefully, the director of their performances will learn from the mistakes though.

BorisBubbles

Veteran

There's no info on the VRT selection procedure as far as I can tell, but my gut feeling tells me they will go for a The Voice contestant of some kind. I wonder whether Laura would be interested to do it again? Her career's in the lift but she definitely loves attention enough to do it again.

A-lister

Veteran

2019 was a good entry, problem is when you send these super young and inexperienced singers that sometimes things can go as in 2019 and it's simply too much for them at once... some can take the pressure, while some need more time to mature to the task and Eliot was certainly the latter... ESC is a huge thing for any artist, let alone newcomers.... also staging in 2019 was a let down as well. I wouldn't mind another entry done by Pierre Dumoulin (2019 , 2017) though as he did two of the best Belgian entries for the past decade, but he seems to be rather connected to RTBF so I don't see VRT picking this guy. I didn't really enjoy any Belgian entry picked by VRT since 2008, so we'll see...

BorisBubbles

Veteran

I actually wouldn't mind just Pierre himself as an entrant. He's handsome, talented and apparently can sing? What is RTBF waiting for???

As for VRT, *my* personal pick would be BAZART. I absolutely love their moody, polyphonic brand of indie electropop and they're one of the few successful Belgian bands to sing exclusively in Flemish:

Make it happen~ (Eefje de Visser can rep the Netherlands, I guess :))

Alaska49

belgium, both channels, needs to try not sending incredibly young people for a change. THE CONCEPT. loved this bazart song AND he is good looking, so he would probably qualify with anything sounding like this.

DaFlo

Banned

It's time for sth fresh.

They tried to copy Blanche the last two years and failed horribly. They should go for sth completely different next year, no more mid fake woke songs thank you.

0scar

I like it that it is the Flemish broadcaster's turn

Ik vind het toch gezelliger dat de Vlamingen naar ons toe komen dan dat we met de Walen zaten xcheer

Sean

Admin
Staff member

I actually wouldn't mind just Pierre himself as an entrant. He's handsome, talented and apparently can sing? What is RTBF waiting for???

As for VRT, *my* personal pick would be BAZART. I absolutely love their moody, polyphonic brand of indie electropop and they're one of the few successful Belgian bands to sing exclusively in Flemish:

Make it happen~ (Eefje de Visser can rep the Netherlands, I guess :))

I sent one of their songs to a contest on here a few years back. Would be a fantastic choice but I don't see it!

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

Belle Perez xheart

Loindici

Veteran

VRT... one of the broadcasters with method of selection that can't be traced. Their past three entrants aren't bad, they often mess it up with either its staging, performer, or song. Probably a sweet surprise like Tom Dice wouldn't be bad for 2020.

Preuss

Blanche came 4th, that track I still listen to although I do get your point because I’m not sure and have never been sure what exactly she did so well in order to come 4th but the song itself is a little masterpiece imo xmusic
Sennek was in my top five but that staging was just bad, anyway just one of those entries in 2018 I thought should’ve had LED screens
Eliot this year wasn’t bad but the song faded for me, but that staging... :? Especially those hand movements were not good imo, I think I rather prefer Blanche’s forced hand movements over that or Tamta’s «Replay, Replay, Replay, yeah» movements which I didn’t like at all

Loindici

Veteran

Blanche came 4th, that track I still listen to although I do get your point because I’m not sure and have never been sure what exactly she did so well in order to come 4th but the song itself is a little masterpiece imo xmusic
Sennek was in my top five but that staging was just bad, anyway just one of those entries in 2018 I thought should’ve had LED screens
Eliot this year wasn’t bad but the song faded for me, but that staging... :? Especially those hand movements were not good imo, I think I rather prefer Blanche’s forced hand movements over that or Tamta’s «Replay, Replay, Replay, yeah» movements which I didn’t like at all

Nooo blanche is RTBF's entrant, i'm talking about Sennek, Laura and Axel (and I forgot about Iris :( )

0scar

Well, Vlamingen.. you might want to consider Karen Damen or Kristel Verbeke, I bet the Dutch fans attending the contest would cheer for them as much as they'll for our own act :D

A-lister

Veteran

Wake Up still remains one of my favorite entries from 2019, and one of the better songs Belgium sent in the past decades, but the live execution was dreadful... the staging and styling was awful and it's clear the singer was inexperienced with too much nerves... Belgium's obsession with sending these young fresh names is a bit of hit or miss, Blanche had the best entry in 2017 and also one of the best Belgian entries of all time but she was also pretty nervous live (although it wasn't as painful as with Eliot and the staging was still better fit for the entry).

Top Bottom