19 12.1%

12 7.6%

7 4.5%

3 1.9%

3 1.9%

9 5.7%

• Total voters

shameless

I hope they don't give up. They had a good run from 15 - 17 but weren't really there lately despite trying similiar ways as with Loic and Blanche. Let's hope VTM will organize Eurosong next year again and they get to choose something else than only shy teenagers that were recently on La Voix / The Voice.

Ianp16

Belgium are still one of my favourite Eurovision countries because even when they fail they fail with style.

Preuss

The staging they’ve been giving Sennek and Eliot were underwhelming to say it like that... otherwise I’m confident that we’d at least see them in the final although perhaps not doing as well as Blance or Loic or Laura...

musicfan

Style can just be a matter of opinion, and really a fashion that someone likes or doesn't depending on what they get used to. The music is more important to me anyway. Like on the Italian thread someone is saying they love Mahmood's style, or love Italian style and then you can get people agreeing with each other in a kind of bubble separated from others. But a style is just a style, different styles can be viable.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
I hope they don't give up. They had a good run from 15 - 17 but weren't really there lately despite trying similiar ways as with Loic and Blanche. Let's hope VTM will organize Eurosong next year again and they get to choose something else than only shy teenagers that were recently on La Voix / The Voice.

lol VTM is never going to select ESC participants. They might collab with VRT if Flanders ever wins and gets to host, but they'll never do it by themselves; they'll need EBU membership first.

It's not beyond VRT's capacity to select Talent Show entrants though. Laura Tesoro placed second on The Voice. Tom Dice was the runner up of another show which name I'm forgetting. I wouldn't be surprised if VRT selected someone from The Voice to rep us this year (or just Laura Tesoro again), but so far I haven't heard any information.

crashworld

Veteran
The staging they’ve been giving Sennek and Eliot were underwhelming to say it like that... otherwise I’m confident thawe’d at least see them in the final although perhaps not doing as well as Blance or Loic or Laura...

Yes. I mean vocally Sennek and Eliot did not kill it, but then alot of the qualifiers didn't qualify because of their vocals anyway. Both have fantastic songs to work with, it's the staging that screwed them over. If not, I would see Sennek and Eliot qualifying to the finals. May not do very well, but at least will help to continue the Belgium's final qualification streak.

crashworld

Veteran
The staging they’ve been giving Sennek and Eliot were underwhelming to say it like that... otherwise I’m confident thawe’d at least see them in the final although perhaps not doing as well as Blance or Loic or Laura...

Yes. I mean vocally Sennek and Eliot did not kill it, but then alot of the qualifiers didn't qualify because of their vocals anyway. Both have fantastic songs to work with, it's the staging that screwed them over. If not, I would see Sennek and Eliot qualifying to the finals. May not do very well, but at least will help to continue the Belgium's final qualification streak.

shameless

lol VTM is never going to select ESC participants. They might collab with VRT if Flanders ever wins and gets to host, but they'll never do it by themselves; they'll need EBU membership first.

It's not beyond VRT's capacity to select Talent Show entrants though. Laura Tesoro placed second on The Voice. Tom Dice was the runner up of another show which name I'm forgetting. I wouldn't be surprised if VRT selected someone from The Voice to rep us this year (or just Laura Tesoro again), but so far I haven't heard any information.
My bad, I confused VTM with VRT :oops:
Tom Dice was 2nd on X Factor like 15 years ago or so :D
Even when she was on The Voice, Laura was a different case to me because she had to qualify through a NF first. TBH when I first saw her Eurosong performance I thought she would be a total non-factor because of the song but then she managed to surprise with a great staging and performance. It was somehow the opposite with the last belgian entries: Rather mystical, very well produced stuff for selected performers that all tried to achieve what Loic Nottet did. It worked with Blanche but the other two times that calculation didn't work out.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Oh I actually had Laura pegged as a qualifier from the beginning lol. I definitely felt like she was by far the best choice, and that's with one of the other finalists being a former classmate of mine, lol. Never underestimate the power of upbeat positivity (which is also why I had Zoë, Ieva, Nathan Trent and NAVIband as qualifiers in their respective years although virtually nobody else considered them safe)

Anyway, Belgium just needs a steep kick in the critical analyses. Eliot lost because RTBF completely misread "Wake up" as story-based, rather than rhythm-based. Nobody cares about wake up's crappy generic message. The key change was what defined it, and the one point everybody talked about. Ignoring it completely stripped the song of whichever identity it had left, turning it into a bland mess.

shameless

Oh I actually had Laura pegged as a qualifier from the beginning lol. I definitely felt like she was by far the best choice, and that's with one of the other finalists being a former classmate of mine, lol. Never underestimate the power of upbeat positivity (which is also why I had Zoë, Ieva, Nathan Trent and NAVIband as qualifiers in their respective years although virtually nobody else considered them safe)

Anyway, Belgium just needs a steep kick in the critical analyses. Eliot lost because RTBF completely misread "Wake up" as story-based, rather than rhythm-based. Nobody cares about wake up's crappy generic message. The key change was what defined it, and the one point everybody talked about. Ignoring it completely stripped the song of whichever identity it had left, turning it into a bland mess.
Upbeat is not excactly what I would associate with Ievas song but I am getting you :D
You're right about Eliot. I am not saying that their next choice needs to be much older but at least more experienced would be helpful. I see both Blanche and him suffered a lot from stagefright. Given her song saved her, Blanche was fine in the end but she still had a hard time during the first rehearsals.

Preuss

Yeah, I mean considering the vocal performances of the likes of Eleni, Mikolas or even Netta in the same semi-final as Sennek, I see no reason why she wouldn't qualify if the staging was somehow more captivating and better at the end of the day whereas Eleni, Mikolas and Netta had great staging
So this is unfortunate and unlucky for Sennek
And I might be deaf but I watched the music video again and then her live performance and I actually think Sennek sounded great? Always said since she didn't qualify that I never thought her vocals were the issue

Realest

Surprised how ok he did with the TV. Expected less.

crashworld

Veteran

An acoustic performance he did before the semi-finals. Sigh... Still cannot get over the fact that this beautiful song has been let down by such a poor staging.

Preuss

An acoustic performance he did before the semi-finals. Sigh... Still cannot get over the fact that this beautiful song has been let down by such a poor staging.

You know, watching this mess unfold once again, I've realized that it might be the first staging ever where I find very little that I actually like. I've watched it five times now and I don't like anything. The staging was even worse than Sennek's, and I declared back in 2018 that Sennek's staging was the worst staging I'd ever seen... but at least I could appreciate the opening shot and the end of the performance

so I think Belgium in the last 3 years has been responsible for three of my most disliked stagings lol. Now I know that Blanche had some nice visuals, but the performance never really captured the feeling I got from the amazing studio version... and regardless of the staging, Blanche was utterly terrified - in a good and bad way for me...

crashworld

Veteran
You know, watching this mess unfold once again, I've realized that it might be the first staging ever where I find very little that I actually like. I've watched it five times now and I don't like anything. The staging was even worse than Sennek's, and I declared back in 2018 that Sennek's staging was the worst staging I'd ever seen... but at least I could appreciate the opening shot and the end of the performance

so I think Belgium in the last 3 years has been responsible for three of my most disliked stagings lol. Now I know that Blanche had some nice visuals, but the performance never really captured the feeling I got from the amazing studio version... and regardless of the staging, Blanche was utterly terrified - in a good and bad way for me...

That's very true. I didn't bother watching the ESC performance ever again after that staging mess.
As for Blanche, she is VERY lucky her song was widely popular. I think the fans still latched on to the studio version when they vote for the song. And the staging was very underwhelming for such a great song. As for her vocal performance, I thought she was just alright.

Ianp16

Someone please tell me there is some truth in this? What a hot couple.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Probably not a real romance, unless we believe Alaska49's pet theory that Eliot is secretly a lesbian instafluencer named Kyra.

Top Bottom