18 7.6%

1 0.4%

5 2.1%

9 3.8%

5 2.1%

12 5.0%

• Total voters

PeterLPZ

When I see Sennek on stage, I feared that she could fail. It wasn´t good enough. So, for me it´s not a surprise, that Belgium isn´t in the final.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
14th of March, called it :cool: QwaarJet didn't want to believe :'D

Belgium wasn't a "big one". It had already died before rehearsals even started. No one was surprised it didn't qualify, and I was already resigned to it. The song was strong, I absolutely stand by that. But everything else was a total disaster, and it probably didn't deserve to qualify.

LalehForWD

I'm so sorry Sennek didn't make it. I loved the song.
No doubt the poor staging and her rather hesitant performance played a part. Sad really, as I thought the Belgians had their acts under control, executed a vision and knew their special esc stuff. I hope she will be saved from a bad legacy of this

Yoozek

Now I don't understand one thing.
How this flopped in the semi while last year they had the WORST singer of the year with some anxiety problems yet they finished TOP5. Sennek was 1000000x times better than the previous girl I don't remember name of atm. (in case they were comparable cause that one can't be compared to nothing but our Margaret who claims it's hard to sing and dance at same time - girl, watch Eleni and cry in the corner)

Sammy

Veteran
Belgium would have needed to embrace the James Bond vibes completely. Classy long robe, slow, but controlled choreography, playing with light and shadows, perhaps two or three dancers in the background. That would have easily brought the song to the final - despite possible vocal flaws.

Fluke

No surprise. They should just have used the main stage area, there was no reason to perform the entire song on the walkway like that. The flagwavers stole the show :p

Alaska49

How this flopped in the semi while last year they had the WORST singer of the year with some anxiety problems yet they finished TOP5. Sennek was 1000000x times better than the previous girl I don't remember name of atm. (in case they were comparable cause that one can't be compared to nothing but our Margaret who claims it's hard to sing and dance at same time - girl, watch Eleni and cry in the corner)
blanche was an absolutely brilliant singer and was properly rewarded for her unique genuine and vulnerable style. she was much better than the winner, let alone sennek. =)

Realest

This Moment was pretty sexy.

1525874655393658.gif

tararaaam

She was good. This song I got bored of at some point, but she got me last night. Nice staging. She looked weak though. Unfair.

Brandt

Anxiety has nothing to do with anything you state. You don't need to be super cool and confident with yourself to show your art to millions. Geez, common sense has left this area already.

DenizESC

Banned
Song was ok.

The dress, hair & staging in general were underwhelming. It was just so weak at the stage. Not surprised it failed

popavapeur

She looked like Wednesday Addams, I suddenly forgot my dual citizenship for 3mins :?

Anyway, that's VRT (the flemish-dutch speaking broadcaster), they brought Iris, Axel Hirsoux, Laura Tesoro and Sennek. 1 qualification out of 4.
RTBF (the Walloon-French speaking broadcaster) gave us : Witloof Bay, Roberto Bellarosa, Loïc Nottet and Blanche. 3 qualifications out of 4.
So I hope next year RTBF will find something alike Loïc and Blanche cause it's their turn.

ESCfan

I am listening this song right now....I can't believe she didn't make it....xshock
Keep pushing the "reply" button

Musicosity

It's really weird. Watching Sennek on replay with the sound muted, she actually has quite a lot of stage presence. It looks a bit like she tries to sell the audience some flower power hymn. That would probably have even worked if the song were a flower power hymn. Unfortunately it was a Bond thriller ballad, didn't quite mix.

I hope that the Belgians don't get discouraged by this setback and stay on track with their experimental and unconventional entries. This time a few things went wrong and hit them where it hurts, but one day it will pay off. Go Belgium! xcheer

Yoozek

Anxiety has nothing to do with anything you state. You don't need to be super cool and confident with yourself to show your art to millions. Geez, common sense has left this area already.

If you're too scared to go on stage and sing properly, don't do that. It's that simple. It's as much about this year's Russia as last year's Belgium. For me this kind of begging for votes is just pathetic and I don't enjoy these kind of performances when there's literally nothing but pity for the performer.

ag89

If you're too scared to go on stage and sing properly, don't do that. It's that simple. It's as much about this year's Russia as last year's Belgium. For me this kind of begging for votes is just pathetic and I don't enjoy these kind of performances when there's literally nothing but pity for the performer.

She was not scared. Not all people are meant to be or to look bubbly and cheerful. Not smiling doesn't mean someone is scared. She came top 5 with a reason (more than 200 pts only with televote!) and her song charted everywhere and you can still hear it on the radio. Blanche has a voice that suited the song she had. Belgium last year had one the most contemporary songs at ESC like ever.

ag89

And yea, if you "beg" for votes, you don't get 200 + points. No way.

Top Bottom