18 7.6%

1 0.4%

5 2.1%

9 3.8%

5 2.1%

12 5.0%

• Total voters

Alaska49

i believed and believed in her in rehearsals and then her performance came and i was like "oh. ....... oh." girl, your song did not fit the anouk staging strategy.

i still held a BIT of hope when the second half midcarders all underwhelmed (EXCEPT SAARA xheart) but when albania advanced i knew sennek was dead. rip. back to the drawing board for VRT.

0scar

Ooohh Vlaanderen.. wat zonde. Als goede buur had ik jullie meer gegund!

But her performance was very underwhelming, and the moment Czech Republic started, it was clear that Sennek was forgotten. Not really surprised after today's performance that she didn't qualify.

musicfan

What was up with that terrible sound mix. I could barely hear her in that too loud backing track :/ The same was for like 80% today but in her case it was even worse. With Azerbaijan I could not even tell apart words in that loud echo. Aysel sung her lungs out in the chorus like Sennek but it was like if she was speechless and I knew after that she won't be the only with similar issues. Don't get me wrong ... Sennek was not spot-on / brilliant vocally but she was not bad either.

There was something distractingly off for many, maybe bar Ireland, Estonia and Lithuania.

Azerbaijan probably suffered by that, an opening song people expect to boom out at them.

wtf

I know iTunes is nothing to rely on yet, but it's already doing very well there.. so it makes me wonder if the juries killed it. :?

Mii11

This song used to be in my Top 5 but after watching the rehearsals and the performance she moved straight to the second-to-last place in the semi. I'm sorry but it was a bit of a disaster.

midnightsun

Veteran
The staging and performance weren‘t that bad, but her looks... oh boy. Drugged Zombie style isn‘t for Eurovision, dear! :(

Mii11

The staging and performance weren‘t that bad, but her looks... oh boy. Drugged Zombie style isn‘t for Eurovision, dear! :(

I'm glad someone noticed this as well! She really looked exhausted.

It's a big shame how it turned out, because the song had potential.

Chorizo

The song is fine but the staging was bad. Nothing was happening on stage. It looks like the staging was inspired by Salvador who just stood on that small satellite stage between the crowd. Sennek also walked around since there is more space on the catwalk but the staging looked like a Salvador copycat and boring. A song like this would have needed to be visually intriguing. Failing to qualify is the result of listening to Salvador's advice, I suppose. Eurovision is fireworks. Sorry, Sennek...

VedatiNet

deserved not qualification

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
loved the song but she was completely overshadowed by albania and mikolas

Playfulmitch

Staging was terrible. Such a sultry song deserved smoke effects, more isolated location- not with backdrop of crowd waving flags! Terrible choice doomed it!

mauve

Veteran
Problem for me was that Sennek didn't own the stage. She looked kind of lonely. Sorry for her and the song. Liked it very much.

Sabrewulf238

I'm disappointed but not really surprised. Some of those camera angles were odd and her facial expressions were too much at times.

I definitely feel like poor staging sunk Belgium last night.

A-lister

Veteran
I'm not so surprised, I said initially that the entry is a bit meh and I don't think the public will like it too much and that's what I think happened, that it didn't convince the televoters.

But still, rather have this in the final than Albania if I had to choose but whatever xshrug

SirPeterGriffin

I just want to say this: in the next couple of years, people will still discuss how the hell did Finland and Ireland managed to overcome this superb composition. What a mistake!

Top Bottom