18 7.6%

1 0.4%

5 2.1%

9 3.8%

5 2.1%

12 5.0%

• Total voters

VikingTiger

Before all the songs were out this was my number 1. It's still in my top 10... but it has been dropping a bit. The song is good, her song is very interesting and really suites the song. But her live vocals are not pitch perfect. Her dress is xfacepalm( and normally I really dont care about dresses, believe me). The staging is not helping a lot.
All in all: still in my top 10, but no longer top 3.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I'm not really liking her look with the make up and this 'free-spirited woman in her late 50s named Margaret' hairstyle. I know it's her natural style, but all together she looks like she is ill and just rolled out of bed, then with that awful dress. People seem to somewhat like it, but it's just not appealing to me at all. If it wasn't for the positivity today from people i'd totally write this off as a DNQ.

Sammy

Veteran
I never thought, this could become a fader for me. Sure, I liked the verses more than the chorus, but over all, this was in my top 5 initially. Her performance does not convince me - neither vocally nor in terms of body language or expression...

blue00eyes

It is also a fader for me. It doesn't grab me that much now after rehearsals that I would put :be: top3 like I did when I heard the song for the first time. Cyprus is now in my top3, Belgium still in top10 though.

mauve

Veteran
It is also a fader for me. It doesn't grab me that much now after rehearsals that I would put :be: top3 like I did when I heard the song for the first time. Cyprus is now in my top3, Belgium still in top10 though.

Same here. Just with the slight difference that after the rehearsals she popped out of my top 10. :? Couldn't feel the vibes that I felt with the original video. She didn't convince me with her singing in any live performances. Sad, regarding the fact that it is a beautiful song. With better singing, she would have been in my top 5 easily.

Fluke

Could this be THE shock non-qualifier? The song is kind of unmemorable (though it is well written and produced, it lacks immediate pop appeal) , the staging looks weird and empty and her performance vague and confused. Belgium lacks any real sure voter base, so i wouldn't be to sure this will be among the lucky ones....

Ezio

Veteran
For me this is one of the most plausible non-qualifiers at the moment. However, there is still a chance that the juries will eat this song up. But as for televotes, I think it is pretty dire.

randajad

Veteran
I do not get this scepticism at the moment, since I was very fond of that rehearsal clip and I do not even like her or the song that much.

mauve

Veteran
I do not get this scepticism at the moment, since I was very fond of that rehearsal clip and I do not even like her or the song that much.

Funny, the way you feel about Belgium I feel towards Austria. Never liked the song much, but loved the rehearsals whereas others didn't seem to like them much.

randajad

Veteran
Funny, the way you feel about Belgium I feel towards Austria. Never liked the song much, but loved the rehearsals whereas others didn't seem to like them much.

I feel same about Croatia, Albania and Serbia, tho. Generally, I think that staging and production seems much better than last year when I did not like that much performances of entries I loved.

mauve

Veteran
I feel same about Croatia, Albania and Serbia, tho. Generally, I think that staging and production seems much better than last year when I did not like that much performances of entries I loved.

Absolutely. Maybe in a way it helps that there are no LEDS (or at least almost None). It can be a pre distraction at times from the main singer. But Sennek for example was a disappointment for me. Really love the song, but I didn't like the rehearsals at all. Her singing was lacking something, maybe the emotional energy, and I missed something in her staging. There are musical personalities that own the stage, but she doesn't belong in that category unfortunately. But others think differently.

ZoboCamel

I really would like to know how that was possible. Everybody said that filming in the arena was forbidden.
I hope that channel doesn't get punished for releasing this video. (They have one from Netta's rehearsal, too, by the way.)

Technically, the new rule doesn't say that filming in the arena is forbidden; rather, it says that each press member present can only film two minutes of footage from the arena (either per day, or for the entire rehearsal period; I forget which). So filming is allowed, but in such a limited manner that most of the press has just hasn't bothered this year, so people are simplifying things by saying it's not permitted.

Gordon_Shumway

[MENTION=11243]ZoboCamel[/MENTION]
I think it was two minutes a day, and in yesterday's escunited livestream, Matt even said something like "10 seconds per performance" (so you cannot use your two minutes for one rehearsal). Your conclusion makes sense: It's just pointless to film anything under these conditions.
I still haven't understood: What is EBU's exact benefit from those rules? As far as I know, the last two years everything was OK when the second rehearsals could be filmed completely.

Dima

I feel like this might be Belgium’s first non qualifier in a while, the song is good, her vocals are quality, but there is just something missing.

heke1988

A-lister

Veteran
The juries will boost this into the final, it's the type of stuff they like, to me it's pretty generic though and honestly not sure the public will be too sold on it xshrug

Milos-BC

It's not on the same level as some of the last :be: entries but it's still a great song nonetheless. Unless she really disappoints on stage, I think she will easily secure another top 10 result for :be: .

7 points.

aef

Belgium did quite well in the jury show I guess... Might qualify in the end after all the troubles

Preuss

This was her best one

I have her in my personal top 5, I hope to see her there at the end

Top Bottom