5 1.6%

4 1.3%

21 6.8%

• Total voters

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member

Preuss

TBh this is my most played track from 2017 on Spotify, and I'm really glad she delivered a great final performance although I thought it was fitting to the song and performance that Blanche looked half terrified out there
still a bit surprised that viewers connected more with Blance than the juries, but regardless 4th place was really good and deserved
So sad that Belgium didn't do justice to Sennek this year xcry

midnightsun

Veteran
Still love this track and listening a lot to it.

This is the only Eurovision track ever my husband loves and listens to every now and then. Usually he doesn't like anything connected to Eurovision and makes fun of most of the songs so this is really a surprise.

IdaVelvet

I xheart this song. I've been watching ESC since 2008 and out of all the songs from back then, City Lights is surely in my Top 10, maybe even Top 5. Maybe even Top 3!
That modern, minimal, dark melody coupled with that gentle yet rough, strong yet vulnerable voice of hers - oh my. It gets to me every time.
The music video just makes everything so much better. 10/10, love it! I think it's definitely my 2017 favorite, although Amar Pelos Dois and Occidentali's Karma are tough competition and come dangerously close to the throne in my heart, but City Lights beats them with a heartbeat sized superiority in beautifully messing with my feelings. :3

Her song Wrong Turn is pretty also. Haven't properly listened to Soon yet.

Mainshow

Veteran
10 points.

Loved the modern, dark melodies combined with her fragile and deep voice. When I heard the track for the very first time, I thought that it was a contender for the crown.
Absolutely stunning production!

ESC94

Ladies and gentleman!! Here we have my personal number one of 2017, :be:!! xheart

The interesting thing about Belgium is that every year another broadcaster is responsible for the ESC, the French speaking RTBF and the Dutch speaking VRT. So far I think RTBF had the more interesting entries to offer, especially the awesome "Rhythm Inside" from 2015. In 2017 they chose the young singer Blanche with the song "City Lights", which she also wrote along with Pierre Dumoulin. The song was a dark electronic pop song with a very interesting atmosphere, perfectly in combination with her very deep sounding voice that you wouldn´t expect from her at the first sight. The song had a very hypnotizing effect on me, when I heard it for the very first time I immediatly had the desire to hear it again!!

Sadly the performance in the first semi wasn´t that great, because Blanche was a very shy person and seemingly didn´t felt all that comfortable on the big stage. Luckily she got the chance to sing again in the final, and there we saw a complete new Blanche, she really looked much more confident and also sang much better. I wasn´t that surprised by the mediocre jury result since I couldn´t imagine them to like this considering the often high average age of jurors, but as expected the viewers absolutely loved her and pushed them up to a very deserved fourth place, she also got very good :10: from the viewers in :de:!! I was really happy for her and her reaction to the good televote results made me smile a bit!!

All in all this was my personal favourite from 2017, and also my favourite entry from :be: in the whole decade!! I still listen to it very often and and even two years later it hasn´t lost any of its hypnotic aura to me. That´s why it really deserves :12: from me!! xmusic xup

Last edited:

lasse braun

as newbie here i am too late but not too late for :12:

for me the best song of the 2017 class and not only from 2017!
a song maybe too good for the ESC.
the voicejunkies in the jurys have voted only her singing and not together with that masterpiece of a popsong - embarrassing!
4th place in the end was very fine for a seventeen year old girl - can not remember the first 3 places in 2017 - also the epic jazz guy was more epic in 2010. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Top Bottom