15 6.8%

28 12.6%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
BELGIUM.png

lauratesoro.png

:be: Laura Tesoro - What's The Pressure :be:

Laura Tesoro was born on 19 August 1996 in Flanders. She had her first acting role in the Flemish crime drama Witse as Evy Cuypers in 2008, and went on to perform in musicals such as Annie and Domino. She performed at Ketnetpop in 2009. From 2012 to 2014, she appeared as Charlotte in Familie, a love interest to Guido. In 2014 she appeared in season three of The Voice van Vlaanderen, where she ended up as the runner-up. Throughout her time on the show, she was a member of Team Koen. She released her debut single "Outta Here" the same year, which peaked at number 23 on the Flemish singles chart.

In 2015, she released her second single "Funky Love". In November 2015, Tesoro was announced as one of the five participants of Eurosong 2016.​

popavapeur

Re: BELGIUM 2016

I kind of hope we won't win. ESC will show if we're able to work together or we'll have an apocalypse.
The best Venue should be in Anvers/Antwerpen but that's in Flanders and RTBF will want something "neutral" like Brussels (even if it's more french speaking over there)
But we were able to host JESC without a problem... fingers crossed.

Bench

Yes I'm also really curious how and especially where Belgium will host the contest if we would win. I do hope on a cooperation between the two broadcasters but I don't think this will happen. Indeed like popavapeur said, Antwerp would be the best venue I think, but I don't think RTBF will choose this. So probably Brussels.

In 2005 we did a JESC indeed en this was in Hasselt. There we also have a great hall to host the show but there aren't enough hotels so this would probably not be an option.

popavapeur

the question is "will they work together" in the case of a win? because the winner is obviously not VRT but RTBF and so, the latter would choose to work alone as it's its own victory. But the best thing seeing the two broadcoasters working together is... they're TWO. Like more money, Flanders or Wallonia has a bigger audience than some countries alone, both put together can give us a great show + the fact it's one of the western countries, Belgium is not rich but not poor either.
Brussels is a good idea too for the symbolic of europe.

Let's see on saturday but i'll be proud of us if we manage the top 5 anyway :)

Sim

Well in 1987 the RTBF hosted the show and the Vrt Had to pick an artist.
Honestly I would also think it is better and m1ybe also cheaper when both broadcasters cooperate.

RTBF paid for the 1987 Song Contest until 2007!

lowyby

Well in 1987 the RTBF hosted the show and the Vrt Had to pick an artist.
Honestly I would also think it is better and m1ybe also cheaper when both broadcasters cooperate.

RTBF paid for the 1987 Song Contest until 2007!

Maybe that's the reason why they sent shitty songs until 2009 :p
They should find a way to make it kind of cheap though...
Greece even made a profit in 2006
Belgium is ready to host Eurovision xheart
IMO We also always find nice things to show, without it being utterly expensive, so that could help

lowyby

They will also actively search for artists, and the fact that they're so early give me high hopes
I just WISH that they dump the awful, annoying, influencing juries :S

0scar

Well I guess VRT wants to do well next year and reach the final, after RTBF managed to do it twice in a row now (Love Kills, Rhythm Inside), while VRT failed (Would You, Mother).

Sim

Well I guess VRT wants to do well next year and reach the final, after RTBF managed to do it twice in a row now (Love Kills, Rhythm Inside), while VRT failed (Would You, Mother).

First thing they need to do is to eliminatie biased juries and give carte blanche to the artists to make a song THEY want, not what the VRT wants

DanielLuis

I guess VRT is inspired with this year's 4th result. They really need to work hard if they want to do better than RTBF

Quent91

I guess VRT is inspired with this year's 4th result. They really need to work hard if they want todo better than RTBF

They were also inspired by the good ranking of Roberto in 2013, yet they made a big Melodifestivalen-like show and they got cucked in the semifinal in 2014.

DanielLuis

They were also inspired by the good ranking of Roberto in 2013, yet they made a big Melodifestivalen-like show and they got cucked in the semifinal in 2014.

NF's with those casting proccess never work though (except for Germany)

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

I do hope that we don't get another lengthy NF plus the endless cover round given the ultimate result. A Eurovision covers round in a national final is a clever idea, but has anyone noticed that it's been tried by two NQers (Belgium and Lithuania 2014) and Cyprus in 2015?

popavapeur

they definitely shouldn't put a Walloon in it (and that's a walloon who said that) i'm afraid people in Wallonia would vote for that person only for that reason and send a terrible song (like last year). Or if they put one, at least they should have a 50/50 or more than one guy coming from the south.

BTW Kate Ryan (Belgium 2006) tweeted something : " I think i'm gonna try it once again in #eurovision2016 #yesorno? YESSSSWECANNNN❤️❤️❤️❤️💃💃💃💃💃💃💃"

lowyby

I actually wouldnt mind Kate Ryan. Imo shes still the best Flandrian attempt since 2006 (Yes I liked her more than tom) and she only lacked good backings and a good show. She could do it and as she is in hunger to relive her carreer.. shell probably be there

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

BTW Kate Ryan (Belgium 2006) tweeted something : " I think i'm gonna try it once again in #eurovision2016 #yesorno? YESSSSWECANNNN❤️❤️❤️❤️��������������"

Oooooh yes yes yes!

Top Bottom