belgium.jpg

Salmon

re: BELGIUM 2015 - Loïc Nottet

So... who will organize the selection this year? Flanders or Wallonia? xcheer

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Belgium have sent a great entry every year I've been watching (except 2012 which was just nice) so I'm expecting this trend to continue. One of my favourite countries xlove

Tinchey

Belgium have sent a great entry every year I've been watching (except 2012 which was just nice) so I'm expecting this trend to continue. One of my favourite countries xlove

2014? wtf
Belgium send Roberto again, plsss. ;____;

greece

Well I'm sure thatthey will have these amazing back dancers as every year :lol:

Sean

Admin
Staff member

I found this cool band this morning and they're from Belgium. Be brave? xheart

Nathan

2014? wtf
Belgium send Roberto again, plsss. ;____;

He's great, he'll only get better and would probably do well again.
I'd like to see him again.

Nathan

I found this cool band this morning and they're from Belgium. Be brave? xheart

This would be a daring choice :O

rayoflight55

So... who will organize the selection this year? Flanders or Wallonia? xcheer

This time, it's the French-speaking broadcaster, the RTBF, who's in charge. My guess : the last winner of The Voice (Laurent Pagna), a random selection on a sunday morning in the broadcaster's cafeteria, a song everyone dislike at first and then an unexpected good result in final. :lol:

And for those who want to discover Laurent Pagna :

VIDEO: Laurent Pagna, son aventure The Voice - RTBF The voice belgique

Bluebird

This time, it's the French-speaking broadcaster, the RTBF, who's in charge. My guess : the last winner of The Voice (Laurent Pagna), a random selection on a sunday morning in the broadcaster's cafeteria, a song everyone dislike at first and then an unexpected good result in final. :lol:

And for those who want to discover Laurent Pagna :

VIDEO: Laurent Pagna, son aventure The Voice - RTBF The voice belgique

Indeed, that's the way it will be :lol:

I've been wondering for years why the RTBF and the VRT don't work together by putting up a real national selection. This would improve the quality. But I guess I can keep on dreaming, it's all about the money and the increasing political division between Dutch- and French speaking Belgians will certainly not help. :(

Anyway, Laurent has a nice powerful voice. :)

rayoflight55

it's all about the money

:lol:

More seriously, a cooperation between the RTBF and the VRT would be a dream situation. But I fear it would cause controverse over the results. And remember that the RTBF doesn't have any money left, after producing "The Voice". As great philosophers once said :

BGN

Indeed, that's the way it will be :lol:

I've been wondering for years why the RTBF and the VRT don't work together by putting up a real national selection. This would improve the quality. But I guess I can keep on dreaming, it's all about the money and the increasing political division between Dutch- and French speaking Belgians will certainly not help. :(
I really can't get the point why there is a need of two separate broadcasters doing basically the same thing? You can have one broadcasting company which broadcasts different programes in both french and flemish. That's the case in Switzerland, which is even more diverse with the number of the official spoken languages than Belgium. And they have joint selection for Eurovision as well.

Bluebird

I really can't get the point why there is a need of two separate broadcasters doing basically the same thing? You can have one broadcasting company which broadcasts different programes in both french and flemish. That's the case in Switzerland, which is even more diverse with the number of the official spoken languages than Belgium. And they have joint selection for Eurovision as well.

There's indeed no point, it's just related to the very complex linguistic situation in Belgium (which by the way despairs me). In my humble opinion, the system in Switzerland or Finland is indeed much better.

But, in 2005, the RTBF and VRT organized together the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in Hasselt, so why don't they give it a try again?

Bluebird

:lol:

More seriously, a cooperation between the RTBF and the VRT would be a dream situation. But I fear it would cause controverse over the results. And remember that the RTBF doesn't have any money left, after producing "The Voice". As great philosophers once said :

Money money money xsing

I don't know if there would be a controverse over the results. People will just vote for the best song, just like they did this year, when for the very first time in history a French speaking candidate won the Dutch speaking selection. But I can imagine that some people would abuse this situation to divide the country even more. :(

BGN

There's indeed no point, it's just related to the very complex linguistic situation in Belgium (which by the way despairs me). In my humble opinion, the system in Switzerland or Finland is indeed much better.

But, in 2005, the RTBF and VRT organized together the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in Hasselt, so why don't they give it a try again?
"Unity makes the power" as it's written on the front entrance of our Parliament. They could even try to make it a bit like Melodifestivalen with shows in different cities. For example one semi in Flemish city, the other in Walonian (?) and the final in the capital or one year in Walonia, the other in Flanders. But they definately should stick together and Belgium will have better overall results in the contest. I'm sure about that. Belgium is not that big nation and music market to down the number of potenitial participants even more with the current system.

Bluebird

"Unity makes the power" as it's written on the front entrance of our Parliament. They could even try to make it a bit like Melodifestivalen with shows in different cities. For example one semi in Flemish city, the other in Walonian (?) and the final in the capital or one year in Walonia, the other in Flanders. But they definately should stick together and Belgium will have better overall results in the contest. I'm sure about that. Belgium is not that big nation and music market to down the number of potenitial participants even more with the current system.

Well, believe it or not, "Eendracht maakt macht - L'union fait la force - Einigkeit macht stark" (= Unité makes the power) is also the offical Belgian slogan, but this was chosen shortly after the independance in 1830. At that time, the terms "Walloon" or "Flemish" in their actual meaning didn't exist, because everybody was united against the Dutch king Willem, no matter what language people spoke. It was in the 1860-1870's that the words "Walloon" and "Flemish" in their actual meaning were artificially created, and this meant the beginning of the linguistic problems in Belgium.

Etl

Something epic like Sanomi for 2015 plz!

Top Bottom