Contact us

Belarus BELARUS 2022 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

A-lister

Veteran
It is a pity not to let Belarus in for 2022, no matter what..
Ppl there like ESC, Italy is trending as #2 on Belarus yt, and the video of the Grand final of 2021 ESC is trending as #1 in Belarus!!!

You do realize that Belarusians themselves are asking for the country to be banned right as a move of solidarity?

If EBU somehow manages to get an oppositional Belarusian broadcaster in exile onboard (depending on funding), then this could work as it would represent the people and not the Lukashenko regime, but I don't think a scenario like that will happen.

Last edited:

rasmuslights

Veteran
You do realize that Belarusians themselves are asking for the country to be banned right as a move of solidarity?

If EBU somehow manages to get an oppositional Belarusian broadcasters in exile onboard (depending on funding), then this could work as it would represent the people and not the Lukashenko regime, but I don't think a scenario like that will happen.

true as long as Lukashenko is in control there's no sense in participating... especially because none of the actual artist would like to represent them... so I won't miss them

hijirio

Veteran
i wonder why it took so long

hqdefault.jpg

EscGeek

Veteran
Sad news, but eh... i'll get over it.
At least they have only themselves to blame (i know, i'm talking like they actually give a shit, :lol:)

A-lister

Veteran
I'm actually a bit surprised as EBU only took action once before when they banned Yugoslavia in the 90's, but it really was the right decision to do considering everything...

Russia next? xpray (won't happen though, it's clear that size and money in the end of the day means more). So while I applaud this, it does smell of hypocrisy while still allowing Russia that is practically the sponsor of the Lukashenko regime, a country that also imprisons their own journalists and political opponents, and is involved in attacking and occupiying parts of 3 other active fellow Eurovision countries xshrug

So can this mean that the EBU can finally open the door for Kazakhstan as a stand-in at least? Would be a fair compromise.

Last edited:

rasmuslights

Veteran
I'm actually a bit surprised as EBU only took action once before when they banned Yugoslavia in the 90's, but it really was the right decision to do considering everything...

Russia next? xpray (won't happen though, it's clear that size and money in the end of the day means more). So while I applaud this, it does smell of hypocrisy while still allowing Russia that is practically the sponsor of the Lukashenko regime, a country that also imprisons their own journalists and political opponents, and is involved in attacking and occupiying parts of 3 other active fellow Eurovision countries xshrug

So can this mean that the EBU can finally open the door for Kazakhstan as a stand-in at least? Would be a fair compromise.

I think it's about the fact that most of the Belarus is actually anti-Lukashenko while most of the Russians are actually pro-Putin.

A-lister

Veteran
I think it's about the fact that most of the Belarus is actually anti-Lukashenko while most of the Russians are actually pro-Putin.
Nah, while that might be true, it's more about size, money and power. EBU won't ban Russia (while they get sanctioned by EU), but Belarus isn't so important so it's easier to "make a stand" here. I guess it's better than nothing.

GermanBango

Nah, while that might be true, it's more about size, money and power. EBU won't ban Russia (while they get sanctioned by EU), but Belarus isn't so important so it's easier to "make a stand" here. I guess it's better than nothing.
Dropping truth bombs right here. If the EBU would follow through with this they would technically have to ban :ru: and :az: as well. Maybe even :pl: tbh. Turkey and Hungary probably knew that it would have happened to them as well sooner or later so they said goodbye first.
Not saying they should btw before people start coming at me haha. Just trying to point out the hypocrisy.

Last edited:

I bims

Veteran

Lukashenko's TV propahandist #1 has just said this about Eurovision:

"Look what has won Eurovision yesterday! Bestiary of perverts, f*ggy degenerates, a trash that smells like AIDS. Thank God Belarus didn't broadcast all of that".
If women needed an orgasm to become pregnant, this man would die childless. Praiseth the lordeth that his daddy can't stage his new shit act next year.

Hope that Belarus will sooner than later return with the right flag and that this nightmare for their people ends.

Top Bottom