Belarus BELARUS 2022 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

AlekS

Veteran
This is the thread to watch next year.
The very recent article after 2021 ban on BTRC's official site:

"Europe is stubbornly heading towards the destruction of its heritage, when even music is so deeply affected by politics" (in the best traditions of Soviet propahanda).
"Escaping without giving explanation is so European" xfacepalm

+ attacking Ukrainian performers in EVERY article.

+ attacking the opposition & slamming European democracy (after blaming EBU in being political few lines above).
I'm not gonna promote that trash & give the link to that article but it's easy to find.

The EBU didn't answer their calls yesterday (at least this is what they say) xheart and they're even wondering why :lol:

Withdrawal in 2022 or destroying Lukashenko regime at last and hosting the fiercest NF ever! xdance2

EDIT: meanwhile, Maruv is in Slavyansky Bazar lineup (the fest for Lukashenko, organized by his government, he's at the VIP seats every year).

EDIT#2: And she refused after the fuss got bigger in the I-net.

Last edited:

Citelis

It's unlikely to happen but there is always a small chance Belarus won't exist as an independent country next year.

A-lister

Veteran
It's unlikely to happen but there is always a small chance Belarus won't exist as an independent country next year.

I'm not sure it's very unlikely, maybe not by next year, but I'd say there's almost a 50/50 risk that Belarus in the near future will become a 23rd republic of Russia with Lukashenko as their mafia leader.

If Belarus will be integrated into Russia, I think they shouldn't even be allowed to enter Eurovision any longer (because it would be like allowing two Russia into the contest). I mean Belarus is already a Russian puppet state and has actually been the whole time, but there's a difference between being an informal puppet and an actual integrated part.

I so hope that I'll be wrong and by next year we'll have a free Belarus flying their actual real flag on the Eurovision stage, but seeing how events are turning and that even Belarusians have given up already and that it basically turned into European North Korea terror-state, I don't see it happening unfortunately.

Even if Belarus won't be integrated into Russia by next year already, I think EBU should ban them from entering tbh if the current regime (or similar) will remain. I think they crossed all the red lines and shouldn't have the Eurovision stage as a platform (even if their entry will be according to the rules), but that's just my opinion.

Sammy

Veteran
I honestly can‘t see how a regime that kidnapps an airplaine can be part of an event that wants to celebrate diversity, openness, unity and freedom. I‘m sad and angry for the belarussian people and artists, but excluding Belarus from all international events to isolate Lukashenko as far as possible seems to me the only logical consequence of what has happened. The EBU should even think about to suspend the belarussion membership until there is political change.

A-lister

Veteran
I honestly can‘t see how a regime that kidnapps an airplaine can be part of an event that wants to celebrate diversity, openness, unity and freedom. I‘m sad and angry for the belarussian people and artists, but excluding Belarus from all international events to isolate Lukashenko as far as possible seems to me the only logical consequence of what has happened. The EBU should even think about to suspend the belarussion membership until there is political change.

This! But we must realize that the Lukashenko regime's crimes are possible due to direct sponsorship from Russia, a country that is committing war crimes, attacking and/-or occupying parts of three fellow active ESC participants (Ukraine, Moldova and Georgia) and is also involved in systematic human rights abuse on their own people as well. While I agree that the EBU shouldn't allow the Belarus regime a platform to whitewash their image, allowing Russia under the current circumstances is also questionable, especially since the Belarus situation wouldn't be possible without the support from Russia.

I don't see the EBU doing anything tbh, but if they ban the hen and not the egg then it's a bit like a game of pick-and-choose where the smaller player gets punished while the bigger one can fly under the radar based on their size ($$$).

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
Belarus needs to be banned

seagull

I don't see them participating again for a bit. They have too many people energised to burn the system down and an artist/act in a foreign country that is democratic, with access to microphones and the world's media, and potentially quite limited incentive to go home is a big risk for any regime like theirs. ESPECIALLY after the Ryanair incident.

Ironic really considering the positivity and strength we got from Russia of all places, they'd have been fine if they just went down the "I love Belarus" route...

AlekS

Veteran

Lukashenko's TV propahandist #1 has just said this about Eurovision:

"Look what has won Eurovision yesterday! Bestiary of perverts, f*ggy degenerates, a trash that smells like AIDS. Thank God Belarus didn't broadcast all of that".

Last edited:

ESC94

In German there´s a saying that goes like this: "Die können bleiben wo der Pfeffer wächst" (They can stay where the pepper grows).

Or in other words: They can stay away from Eurovision a little longer, I don´t miss them at all!!

Sammy

Veteran
I wouldn‘t be surprised if they‘d try to troll us again with some disguised propaganda act, just to play the victim card as they did this year...

Mrm

Veteran
It is a pity not to let Belarus in for 2022, no matter what..
Ppl there like ESC, Italy is trending as #2 on Belarus yt, and the video of the Grand final of 2021 ESC is trending as #1 in Belarus!!!

AlekS

Veteran
It is a pity not to let Belarus in for 2022, no matter what..
Ppl there like ESC, Italy is trending as #2 on Belarus yt, and the video of the Grand final of 2021 ESC is trending as #1 in Belarus!!!
It's not a pity to ban a terrorist "broadcaster" BTRC tho :) We've all seen Belarusians en mass asking the EBU to ban their broadcaster.

The perfect way out (if they can't overthrow the batshit crazy dictator) is when a group of journalists moves to Ukraine, Poland or Baltic states, creates the new Belarusian broadacster (I know Belarusians from abroad who can sponsor it) and the EBU invites them to join.

Top Bottom