Belarus BELARUS 2021 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

heke1988

Goodbye Luka-, Luka-, Lukashenko!

vavera4ka

I wonder what EBU flagged in this song, if it IS the 2nd attempt... there's a "maybe hint" at Tikhanouskaja (a brunette that left you and now others are doing to her what you used to do to her)... i THINK it's a stretch, but i wouldn't completely put it past them.
And there's a dig at western world at the end i guess. smth about kiss your dollars...
mostly it's just tasteless trash that everyone is rightfully expected from that.... "artist"

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
hopefully next year. under new flag. with a quality entry, after a good national selection that will truly show the best Belarus has to offer.
And the only hint at politics that will be on the stage would be the white color of the costumes - symbol of peaceful marches that made that entry possible.
hoping for the best for you xheart

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
This is a merciful end to this whole unfortunate affair. But I will say this: the EBU is not a perfect organization by any stretch, but if they were FIFA-bad or even IOC-bad, my guess is that they would have caved at the very start of this whole terrible ordeal.

Fluke

Kinda sad really, i was unironically looking forward to seeing this performance, and how it would be received. That's actually two countries departing this year, bringing it down to 39 countries, the lowest since the 37 in 2014. Not so sure either of them will come back either, maybe we'll see even more departures next year.

Mrm

Veteran
Yeah I agree with @Fluke, I see more countries leaving next year..

crashworld

Veteran
Kinda sad really, i was unironically looking forward to seeing this performance, and how it would be received. That's actually two countries departing this year, bringing it down to 39 countries, the lowest since the 37 in 2014. Not so sure either of them will come back either, maybe we'll see even more departures next year.

I believe Armenia will be back once they manage to bounce back from their internal unrest. Because their withdrawal can be considered as not pre-meditated, unlike Belarus.

Who knows maybe EBU will start looking properly into Kazakhstan's interest in the main contest?

To be honest, you never know Belarus may decide to play by the book next year and not mix politics into the contest. Time will tell I guess.

Top Bottom