Contact us

Belarus BELARUS 2021 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

FilipFromSweden

Has anyone been wondering..... who'd like to take GalasyZmesta's place as a representative now? :D

... I mean....
me

Loindici

Veteran
Actually the thing now is what will be the punitive measures against the Belarusian TV broadcaster should they face disqualification or they withdraw from the contest on their own? I'm sure they will get fined by EBU either way right?

Here's what a Eurovoix article mentioned:

---------

BTRC reported earlier today that they had been meeting with the group today to discuss their plans for Eurovision, prior to the announcement from the EBU. The lead singer of the group has stated to the Russian press agency RIA that:

I have strong suspicions that we will not edit anything. And that’s where it’s over.

The lead singer of the group states that it may be the case that Belarus refuses to participate in the contest.

crashworld

Veteran
Here's what a Eurovoix article mentioned:

---------

BTRC reported earlier today that they had been meeting with the group today to discuss their plans for Eurovision, prior to the announcement from the EBU. The lead singer of the group has stated to the Russian press agency RIA that:

I have strong suspicions that we will not edit anything. And that’s where it’s over.

The lead singer of the group states that it may be the case that Belarus refuses to participate in the contest.

But if they refuse to participate, will they be fined by EBU? Or will they be let go with just a warning or ban? I'm just wondering if there will be any punitive measure on them for causing such inconvenience.

Loindici

Veteran
But if they refuse to participate, will they be fined by EBU? Or will they be let go with just a warning or ban? I'm just wondering if there will be any punitive measure on them for causing such inconvenience.

IIRC a non-conditional withdrawal will be fined. Armenia's might be considered conditional while this one is not.

Grinch

Are we EVER going to have a normal, ordinary and maybe even boring artist/entry selection process with Belarus?
It's always a controversy, always a circus.

They won't submit a new entry, will withdraw, get a fine and won't participate for a few years.
That was the whole point it seems.

Just pathetic.

A-lister

Veteran
I actually disliked and called for the song's disqualification because I thought it was too popular. Glad to see BTRC spreading the "truth" :rolleyes:

:lol:

I "love" how Soviet-styled their propaganda is, I mean they do realize people have internet these days right? xshrug

They could learn from SVT how to sell propaganda more subtle.

If it wasn't for what they're doing to their own people, this would have high comedy value.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
:lol:

I "love" how Soviet-styled their propaganda is, I mean they do realize people have internet these days right? xshrug

They could learn from SVT how to sell propaganda more subtle.

If it wasn't for what they're doing to their own people, this would have high comedy value.
Come on i cant imagine anyone younger than 40 watching news from that channel. So those who watch it they dont even care about eurovision and forget about it before news even finish.

Nicfedy

Blocked from entering by EBU said Belarus would have to rewrite the song, find another entry, or face disqualification.

Lindon

It almost worked

vavera4ka

Come on i cant imagine anyone younger than 40 watching news from that channel. So those who watch it they dont even care about eurovision and forget about it before news even finish.
i'd raise that age bar to 60.
obv there are propaganda victims in every age group, but 40 y.o. are very old millennials... they know their way around internet.
i guess it's more like under 60 it's a choice. most likely they can get info. over 60 might be a victim of surroundings...
My dad is 72 and he has more knowledge about internet and systems than i do in my 30s lol

Top Bottom