Contact us

Belarus BELARUS 2021 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

rasmuslights

Veteran
In comes Lukashenko supporter Zena to the rescue now then I suppose.

Yes, weird to include that in their statement. It's not about the reputation of Eurovision right now but the people of Belarus.

omg yes ZENA xheart love her hahha (I know hypocrisy)

hijirio

Veteran
byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

#wontmiss ;)

come back later with the white-red-white flag

BorisBubbles

Veteran
A very mild response from the EBU. I would have kicked them out for their deliberately rule-breaking and toxic nationalism while they easily could have sent another Lukashenko puppet instead, like Zena or Kazna.

But whatever, the less material we give to Lukashenko to turn himself into a martyr the better, I suppose.

vavera4ka

But seriously you guys, I can't stress enough how awesome it has been to have you all in our corner. we were fighting it mostly on our own before . Russian speaking world helped, true, but having the whole world beside us has been unbelievably cool. Would EBU have caved if it was just Belarusians bombarding them with demands to at least look into the situation? I guess we will never know. But I'm sure the speed with which this was resolved is wholly due to you guys.
Thank you.
Вялiкi дзякуй xrunhug

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Better late than never. This song has absolutely no place in this contest and the fact the EBU recognises this is great. A huge slap in the face Lukashenko, although the song is still out there and been heard by a lot of (Belarussian) people, so the damage is already done.

REAL-flag-of-Belarus.png
REAL-flag-of-Belarus.png
REAL-flag-of-Belarus.png
REAL-flag-of-Belarus.png

vavera4ka

I don't even know who she is.. I guess thankfully.
hahaha i once was rooting for her in a selection long time ago in yesteryears. She's a veteran, trying to go to Eurovision since dinosaurs roamed the Earth. And this year she wrote and recorded a Lukashenka anthem - You don't give up the one you love. (obv alluding to Lukashenka needing to stay and care for his beloved country) to which opposition responded with a zing "if you love her, let her go". those were the innocent times... lol

Tinchey

As much as I applaud this action by EBU, I wonder, how did they not think of it before and evaluate the song prior to uploading it on THEIR official youtube channel? I mean, the act's name and song title CLEARLY showcase the point of this entry.

ag89

Not to talk politics here, but the era of Lukashenko is slowly but surely going to its end... It might take time, but everything we see around is telling us this is pretty much it. The Eurovision somehow has become part of that process.

Top Bottom