Contact us

Belarus BELARUS 2021 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

vavera4ka

No they are MAD because this garbage song is mocking Lukashenko's opposition according to people that translated the lyrics.
i guess i should have qualified by "belarusians on my fb, insta and twitter feeds"
we really didn't expect much, honestly. and we are not easily surprised by cynicism of our government. that ship has sailed in August. But it's good that others will now see how atrociously bad the whole situation is...

Mainshow

Veteran
It gives me some random / below average Polish rock support band circa 2000 open air gig vibes and it's a gig you don't need to pay for - I mean as in buying your ticket. But if one is drunk or / and high enough one can still get a joy out of it. But probably not me. If the melody was stronger or that lead singer more charismatic it could still work, but that is not the case here.

Same! That's why I didn't dislike Lukashenko's entry at first (when I just judged the music).

It immediately reminded me of this banger of my childhood:

FilipFromSweden

I cannot remember ANY song since I've been following the contest that got such an unanimous negative reaction: forums, polls, reaction videos, social media....
Other than the political/evil philosophic messages in the song, it sounds like a 3 minute song that was written in 1 minute

I bims

Veteran
I cannot remember ANY song since I've been following the contest that got such an unanimous negative reaction: forums, polls, reaction videos, social media....
Right?! But this decade seems to be all about "first times".

But not only is this song just bad. It's political and mocking democracy. The artists singing it are huge homophobic and misogynistic assholes AND the country they are representing is a dictatorship. They were asked "pick a struggle" and they said "Yes".

tenor.gif

HayashiM

Veteran
So, since it is already tomorrow here where I live :D Let me put my tinfoil hat on...

Could this be... a protest song?
When you actually forget who came up with this entry (wiwibloggs - yes I went there for once as information is scarce - claim that the group had openly criticised protesters in :by: last year already), I think it could've been a possible parody of the regime itself. Including all the lyrics about what the regime does and including the questionable musical quality, reflective of general mood that I presume common Belarusians must find themselves in. Of course, I only read the translated version of the lyrics and the original could suggest otherwise, but perhaps such an interpretation could've been reached somehow? Could it be they are actually playing the role of the Good Soldier Švejk?

If it weren't for Galasy ZMesta's alluded history (unless their trolling game is on par with Hatari and they pretend to be the right obedient citizens all along only to strike back later), I'd be almost ready to believe that they'd managed to somehow troll Lukashenko himself with a double edged sword and are absolutely prepared to reveal their true colours and reverse the entire act into a full blown accusation of the regime once on stage in Rotterdam. Sincerely, who intentionally writes an entry as bad as this? :eek:

Sure, that would've still been against the EBU's rules, but it would be absolutely epic.
Anyway, it would seem they are confirmed supporters of the regime, so, let's put that tinfoil hat back on the shelf...

Edit: please don't take me too seriously, because I am still partly in denial such things like this song can actually happen...

Iker

Veteran
So, since it is already tomorrow here where I live :D Let me put my tinfoil hat on...

When you actually forget who came up with this entry (wiwibloggs - yes I went there for once as information is scarce - claim that the group had openly criticised protesters in :by: last year already), I think it could've been a possible parody of the regime itself. Including all the lyrics about what the regime does and including the questionable musical quality, reflective of general mood that I presume common Belarusians must find themselves in. Of course, I only read the translated version of the lyrics and the original could suggest otherwise, but perhaps such an interpretation could've been reached somehow? Could it be they are actually playing the role of the Good Soldier Švejk?

If it weren't for Galasy ZMesta's alluded history (unless their trolling game is on par with Hatari and they pretend to be the right obedient citizens all along only to strike back later), I'd be almost ready to believe that they'd managed to somehow troll Lukashenko himself with a double edged sword and are absolutely prepared to reveal their true colours and reverse the entire act into a full blown accusation of the regime once on stage in Rotterdam. Sincerely, who intentionally writes an entry as bad as this? :eek:

Sure, that would've still been against the EBU's rules, but it would be absolutely epic.
Anyway, it would seem they are confirmed supporters of the regime, so, let's put that tinfoil hat back on the shelf...

Edit: please don't take me too seriously, because I am still partly in denial such things like this song can actually happen...
Not really. They are very pro-Lukashenka regime and they have made some serious statements against protesters.

lacrymea

The thing is: the song itself, plus the overall ambiance surrounding the performance... just really make my skin crawl. It's uncomfortable to watch without even knowing what's laying underneath. It sort of tells you right away something is fishy.

vavera4ka

lol if A-Lister and I are allowed to dream why not you, huh?
though i think our dream is 0.00001% more likely... as in chances of your dream coming true is 0, and ours is 0.00001% lol
it would have been a nice thing on stage...

you know what i now REALLY REALLY want? for the regime to fall before (maybe right before) the Eurovision and see how those "artists" react/deal with it lol (but you might have given them an idea right now haha)

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
I agree that the lyrics may be a bit political, which is obviously a problem, but if you try to focus on the song itself, it's actually very... bad really 😕 Such a boring tune!
If they don't change it for political reasons, I hope they change it for musical reasons !

Iker

Veteran
Same! That's why I didn't dislike Lukashenko's entry at first (when I just judged the music).

It immediately reminded me of this banger of my childhood:

T-Love is much better than this crap though and I am not even a big fan of them.

BernadetteCydonia

The song isn't that bad, it's hilariously averagely decent, but the lyrics................ oh my fucking grapes.

At the very least it sounds like it could be easily ignored in the lineup if EBU ignores this song enough to let it pass to Eurovision, meaning that either way there'll be 16 songs competing for qualification and not just 17. We want to see Belarus goodbye (for at least until the regime stops choking on the freedom)

Iker

Veteran
The song isn't that bad, it's hilariously averagely decent, but the lyrics................ oh my fucking grapes.

At the very least it sounds like it could be easily ignored in the lineup if EBU ignores this song enough to let it pass to Eurovision, meaning that either way there'll be 16 songs competing for qualification and not just 17. We want to see Belarus goodbye (for at least until the regime stops choking on the freedom)
It will not get DQ-d for the message as it is mostly hidden behind various metaphors.

Top Bottom