Belarus BELARUS 2021 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Will never happen but if EBU had balls (and now they have none), they would invite VAL and have them sing for Belarus WITH the white-red-white flag and invite the oppositional Belarusian Belsat TV (who are stationed in Warsaw) to be an official EBU member for Belarus! This would such a punch against Lukashenko but still recognizing the Belarusian people!

As if EBU would ever have the spine to do that, they only take a strong stance on Kazakhstan or act like mafioso when a country has debt to them lol. They'd rather prefer to pretend that everything is all sunshine and butterflies.

Mrm

Veteran
While yes, it was really pathetic for Denmark and Sweden to start a new NF just because, at least Ben & Tan and The Mamas were given the chance to represent their nation again in 2021, not the same can be said about VAL.
Wait, they invited Ben & Tan to take part in the end? :eek:
I understood diffrent here..

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Wait, they invited Ben & Tan to take part in the end? :eek:
I understood diffrent here..
They might've, behind the scenes of course, what I meant is that it is something within the realm of possibility, unlike VAL who are basically persona non grata to the broadcaster.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Will never happen but if EBU had balls (and now they have none), they would invite VAL and have them sing for Belarus WITH the white-red-white flag and invite the oppositional Belarusian Belsat TV (who are stationed in Warsaw) to be an official EBU member for Belarus! This would be such a punch against Lukashenko but still recognizing the Belarusian people!
İ throught that but didnt dare to say :lol:
At least Sweden didnt dissapoint and iconically kicked off Belarus from jury

A-lister

Veteran
As if EBU would ever have the spine to do that, they only take a strong stance on Kazakhstan or act like mafioso when a country has debt to them lol. They'd rather prefer to pretend that everything is all sunshine and butterflies.

I mean I know it won't happen, but one can always dream :lol:

Inviting Belsat to become an EBU member (and formally recognized as a Belarusian station although they work from exile) would really legitimize the opposition, it would also actually allow Belarus to take part in ESC but not on Lukashenko's terms.

Loindici

Veteran
I guess we really need to clean this thread after all this discussion we had. Bye everyone.

Plus, it's still a :0:. This sounds like something I would hear on a wedding live session. Complete with the tambourine action, and the unenergetic band, you got the full package on their entry. And usually the ones singing it are the old folks, after all, so I don't expect to like it either. Ironically, it also sounds like a Phineas and Ferb soundtrack.

vavera4ka

I don't really know how much Eurovision matters in Belarus but, did the song spark any controversy in the country, or nobody gives a damn?
people are mostly laughing and facepalming. It was obvious that the selection this year would be a sham. I for one thought that the spot will go to an elite brownnoser - Aura. i think quite a few thought along those lines....
so now it's basically "hahaha- joke's on you Julia", "hahahah - joke's on you EBU" and "yay last place"

as for KAZNA... girl should have realized what trashcan she was getting into. Belarusian selection rarely ever was transparent and fair, but this year it was so obvious that it'll be a farce... but she went in anyway... so... not to blame the victim here... but... you get in the hornet nest, you get stung...

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member

Inviting Belsat to become an EBU member (and formally recognized as a Belarusian station although they work from exile) would really legitimize the opposition, it would also actually allow Belarus to take part in ESC but not on Lukashenko's terms.
Except Belsat is poor as hell, their only sponsor is Polish goverment

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
as for KAZNA... girl should have realized what trashcan she was getting into. Belarusian selection rarely ever was transparent and fair, but this year it was so obvious that it'll be a farce... but she went in anyway... so... not to blame the victim here... but... you get in the hornet nest, you get stung...

With Moldova being Kirkoccupied, she had very few options were to apply to :lol: But yeah, she should've expected this whole selection to be a circus in the end.

Mainshow

Veteran

Although I think that this would be an amazing and very well-needed gesture, this would be a breach of their own rules (=promoting a political cause).

The EBU kinda sucks. Don't get me wrong. I'm grateful and thankful they keep Eurovision alive but they are racist towards Kazakhstan, discriminating towards Kosovo and don't give a damn about anything apart from $. I still can't believe they made Romania withdraw 2 weeks before the actual contest whilst still letting Azerbaijan compete after QUESTIONING its own citizens about voting for Armenia.

So no, asking VAL to perform for BELSAT would never happen (I love that suggestion, though).

Iker

Veteran
Fingers crossed for Kazna!

It would be amazing to have :ua: :ru: and :by: in my Top 10 this year!

+ :md: and maybe :lt: - I can't think of any other year that the Ex-Soviet countries have slayed me that hard.. Like... Ever.
There was so much anticipation in this thread, lol. But Belarus did not give a shit and trolled all of us instead.

A-lister

Veteran
Except Belsat is poor as hell, their only sponsor is Polish goverment

That's true, I mean I know this won't happen anyways, but I think EBU could maybe make an exception for them and maybe at least subsidies the costs for them somewhat... but yeah I know it won't happen.

Mainshow

Veteran
The ratio on YT is insane: 1,332 likes versus 10,376 dislikes Oo - I thought that the "exclusive Moldovan extravaganza show in Russia" would get the highest amount of dislikes of any Eurovision content this season.. how wrong I was!!!

A-lister

Veteran
With Moldova being Kirkoccupied, she had very few options were to apply to :lol: But yeah, she should've expected this whole selection to be a circus in the end.
I love that term (I mean it's a term of horror but still) :lol:

vavera4ka

i'll join on this dream.
they should have both: have Belsat select an entry (imagine Naviband and Val collab), submit it under white-red-white flag and let the world watch this entry qualify and maybe finish in top 5 (we ARE dreaming here so anything goes lol), while red-green one stays in the basement.

Iker

Veteran
I actually don't dislike it on the first listen :lol:
But i am in shock. My heart wanted Kazna, my brain told me it's gonna be Zena, and i was ready to stan hard Belarus either way.
I also don't dislike it on second listen :lol:

This is nice. It's like a children's song though. :LOL:
It gives me some random / below average Polish rock support band circa 2000 open air gig vibes and it's a gig you don't need to pay for - I mean as in buying your ticket. But if one is drunk or / and high enough one can still get a joy out of it. But probably not me. If the melody was stronger or that lead singer more charismatic it could still work, but that is not the case here with that random crap.

Top Bottom