flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

LastDreamer

Banned
Janet Buterus is the best possible choice. :love:

DrLxa5EwMFQ.jpg

A-lister

Veteran
I hope VAL is back with another Belarusian-language bop, it's one of the most underrated entries of 2020 and imho one of THE best entries of that edition, now they have a year to come up with an even catchier tune, I would still go for the Belarusian language which is beautiful and maybe add even more of those ethnic elements "Da vidna" had... now some people will say "what ethnic?", well it was very subtle and mostly in parts of the singing...

Mimmon

Veteran
I hope VAL is back with another Belarusian-language bop, it's one of the most underrated entries of 2020 and imho one of THE best entries of that edition, now they have a year to come up with an even catchier tune, I would still go for the Belarusian language which is beautiful and maybe add even more of those ethnic elements "Da vidna" had... now some people will say "what ethnic?", well it was very subtle and mostly in parts of the singing...
If you haven't seen Belarus Diary of Eurovison.. all they did was downshaming Eurovison...

A-lister

Veteran
If you haven't seen Belarus Diary of Eurovison.. all they did was downshaming Eurovison...

I haven't, regardless doesn't change my opinion on the entry which will remain one of my favs of 2020, but if they don't wanna go they won't, but I would love for something in Belarusian again for sure, their two best entries in the contest so far were both in Belarusian, and considering the language is almost extinct I think it's even more special.

Mimmon

Veteran
I haven't, regardless doesn't change my opinion on the entry which will remain one of my favs of 2020, but if they don't wanna go they won't, but I would love for something in Belarusian again for sure, their two best entries in the contest so far were both in Belarusian, and considering the language is almost extinct I think it's even more special.
Yeah and same here... I would love to hear a bop in Belarusian...

LastDreamer

Banned
The defenders of Samanta Tina's participation in ESC 2021 can't be against Janet Buterus ESC entry in 2021.

A-lister

Veteran

Hope for another Belarusian-language bop !

Many thought "Da Vidna" was basic, but I find it one of few likeable entries of whole ESC 2021 , but if they would be picked by the broadcaster and get decent time and support, I'm sure they could come out with an even stronger entry... I like the very subtle "native" parts of "Da Vidna" and seen the folk-mashup they did and I hope they would go further down that route with a new entry but still have it boppy.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
I've just gladly noticed that Spotify has finally merged the 3 artist-pages of Alyona Lanskaya. Yes, there used to be 3 of them: one with her name in the Latin transliteration (Alyona Lanskaya), which contained only her English album, another one with her name in the Belarusian trasliteration (Алена Ланская), which contained only a couple of singles, and one more with her name in the Russian trasliteration (Алёна Ланская), which contained her 2 albums in Belarussian (or Russian, idk).

Now it's so nice to see all her discography in only one page. God, I really wish she could go to Eurovision once again. I love her so much, as a matter of fact I don't know what the world would be without her xheart

AlekS

Veteran
Not gonna say anything about politics. But after today's aired footage, imho BTRC should be banned for good.

Their news presenter quit. The host of their morning show quit as well.

The NF 2020 host and Eurovision commentator quit too.

AlekS

Veteran
Another TV presenter quit BTRC and confirmed that elections have been faked and hinted that Lukashenko scored less than 50%.

He also revealed that BTRC helps the government to conceal any negativity and censors things with the help of "ideology experts" and that every topic/script line is being checked by these people first. Basically what we already know :)

ps. Overall 9 TV hosts from 3 channels have quit.

Last edited:
Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
He also revealed that BTRC helps the government to conceal any negativity and censors things with the help of "ideology experts" and that every topic/script line is being checked by these people first. Basically what we already know :)

That means VAL for sure won't be invited back, given how outspoken they've been on Instagram.

AlekS

Veteran
^ Judging by how things have escalated as of now, next year BTRC (or whatever it will be called then ;)) will start the real democratic selection ... under the "new" original flag
EXZNRr0.jpg

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
More than 1000 people gathered in front of BTRC.

ZYgJv7F.jpg

BTRC cameramen are on strike!
They demand the new fair elections, to stop violence, free all (10 000 as of now) arrested people and stop censorship.

More personnel have quit xhug

Mainshow

Veteran
I know that we shouldn't be talking about "politics" but this is incredibly huge and it will DEFINITELY have an effect on Belarus' participation next year. I hope that the people will finally be able to be free again and see free, fair and democratic elections!

Me being a fan of their 2020 entry, I really hope to see Belarus in 2021 + VAL, though.

Clearly, the channel/broadcaster will face a drastic change (either way).

AlekS

Veteran
Finally 100 more BTRC workers (out of 1500 tho) joined the strike.

Belarus 1 channel is broadcasting the reruns.
They were showing an empty sofa during the live morning show:

i7f3U41.jpg

Top Bottom