Contact us

Belarus BELARUS 2021 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Brandt

I am genuinely shocked that the song actually got approved by the EBU. I thought it was an okay song but checking the lyrics and all the meaning behind... Is it even for real? If EBU decides to take an action after that point, it would be only so that they want to please the community. But very, VERY wrong move by accepting that song in the first place. This is as bad as the political tensions caused by Armenia in the past years.

Fierro

I thought it was an okay song
Musically wise, this is also a total trash imo. Like Liza said it's a generic local radio song for 50+ male audience (I even doubt they would like it, they listen to more "deep" songs). Moreover, when it was chosen and I heard it I couldn't finish listening because of how embarrased I felt. And then I found out about lyrics.....

Mainshow

Veteran
If there was an audience this year, you wouldn't be able to hear this song over all the BOOING.

I don't know if it was just a feverish dream of mine but aren't the Dutch producers in talks with the EBU to organise something like that "including-fans-via-Zoom-thingy" as we have encountered during the reveal show of the Dutch entry?

I'd love this to be happening and fans waving white/red/white Belarus flags in front of their webcams.
(I know this is some sort of protests and "propagranda for a political cause" but this entry makes me vomit and angry.)

Mimmon

Veteran
Polish media to Belarus situation

Loindici

Veteran

BorisBubbles

Veteran
So Eurovoix will limit their coverage on Belarus, but asks EBU to act in accordance.

Good. They won't be alone.

We (the ESCUNITED editor team) will also refrain from covering Belarus for the indefinite future. @Matt will be providing further details soon.

aef

lacrymea

After reading the lyrics and some analysis, and while it's still regime propaganda, I think the meaning of it is not telling the Belarusian people to obey to the regime. I read it as a parody on Belarusian acritically following western culture/values/policies, hence forgetting their past.

It still aims the same: to promote the regime, while criticizing Europe and protestors. But in my eye, and if the translations I saw are correct, I believe people are interpreting it wrongly?

FilipFromSweden

After reading the lyrics and some analysis, and while it's still regime propaganda, I think the meaning of it is not telling the Belarusian people to obey to the regime. I read it as a parody on Belarusian acritically following western culture/values/policies, hence forgetting their past.

It still aims the same: to promote the regime, while criticizing Europe and protestors. But in my eye, and if the translations I saw are correct, I believe people are interpreting it wrongly?

How can you misinterpret ''Without the past everything will be simpler. Rejoice, even if you feel angry''. Sorry but you literally have terrible instincts about this

Top Bottom