Contact us

Belarus BELARUS 2021 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

mauve

Veteran
I was wondering ... did we ever have so many :0:s in a poll? I know that it is the main effect of the political statement, but does someone remember if we had a similiar case?

HayashiM

Veteran

midnightsun

Veteran
Musicwise I actually don’t think it’s too bad (the melody). Reminds me of some standard German Schlager rock anno 1990.

But, I can not, in NO way, support this. No matter how good the song was (in this case fortunately nothing I would usually vote for).
You HAVE to make a statement here, you just CAN‘T agree to this. Everyone with a brain should know this. This is not the Europe we stand and fight for. So if you can’t remove this from the contest you absolutely have to ignore this. Any point is one point too much!

hijirio

Veteran
This is a case for FEMEN.

I hope they jump on the stage in Rotterdam and hijack the performance.

If they don't, @NikolaiMoller and I will do it

Teaisloveable

After reading comments and the translated lyrics of the song, it will be placed in my last place regardless.

I don't like placing songs based on the politics of the country but I can't in good faith support this. It spits in the face of the nation it represents.

The song itself isn't anything special, so it would not have been high on my list anyway, but I do like the tune which may have originally bumped it out of last place. Regardless of that, if it was an amazing song, I refuse to support such blatent messages in Eurovision. That's not what the contest is about, it certainly should not be what Europe is about.

:0:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Musicwise I actually don’t think it’s too bad (the melody). Reminds me of some standard German Schlager rock anno 1990.
Eastern German Schlager Rock you mean...x.

True, musically it's very similar to the music that you would hear all around Bulgaria when they were still recovering commies. Romantic yearning to the syndalized collective suffering, like Stockholm Syndrome set to a tune.

Listening to it really is like stepping through a dimensonial portal and emerging in Airstrip One, Oceania.

A-lister

Veteran
You know what, let this ehm band in. Let them pay fees and I don’t know how but, I would like EBU to find a way to donate all the money earned from BTRC and self declared government to democracy advocating organizations. Such as ByPol.

I think, this can be a solution.
EBU and charity? Nah...

A-lister

Veteran
well it should get the same treatment.. we'll see how EBU reacts.. because this is the most obvious breach of rules there can be.

I mean logically a song calling your people slaves and spitting on victims of torture, terror and fascism should be considered a breach of rules more so than "we don't wanna put in a negative groove", but Ru$$ia is powerful and EBU treat countries differently (and we already know that so no need to pretend elsewise).

Top Bottom