Contact us

Belarus BELARUS 2021 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrm

Veteran
What also really is "interestnig" to me how in this poll 123 ppl voted overall, in some counntries' polls which are opened for weeks already, less than 100 ppl voted.. ;)

FilipFromSweden

this eurovision season is fucking messy and I love it ... I'm not sure if I want to see this disqualified or this getting 0 televote points

Mrm

Veteran
I guess people just don't generally like when tortured people are being spit on and want to show their dislike of it xshrug
Gosh if I would be for that on this forum, I'd better don't exist..

GermanBango

I do not agree with this premise. Turkey doesn't participate on its own anyway. Other countries are not sending songs that are propaganda (this song clearly is tho - so it's a different issue). Every country should be represented, and culture is not the same as politics imo.
If only it would be that easy though. Let’s be real most of the time the artists from certain countries are basically handpicked by their respective regimes and they are therefore promoting undemocratic systems. Such behaviour and mindest isn’t compatible with the values and human rights the EBU wants to stand for. (As written in their very own charta)

A-lister

Veteran
this eurovision season is fucking messy and I love it ... I'm not sure if I want to see this disqualified or this getting 0 televote points

Problem is this will get points (maybe even maximum possible) from Russia, so it still will fair better than some other entries just because of that alone (probably NQ but still).

Mrm

Veteran
I really loved/liked both Aura's entries in Belarus NFs in 2019 and 2020, they are so Soviet inspired.. xlove xheart

A-lister

Veteran
Gosh if I would be for that on this forum, I'd better don't exist..

What? You think people are on the forum only for that? I'd be highly surprised...

I mean is it really bad that people show human compassion or are we still playing the whitewash the Belarusian regime game? xshrug

Mrm

Veteran
What? You think people are on the forum only for that? I'd be highly surprised...

I mean is it really bad that people show human compassion or are we still playing the whitewash the Belarusian regime game? xshrug
I do not play it, I say once again...I just see ESC with different eyes, I have enough problems in my daily life to see ESC as a huge problem with Belarus or smth..
I'm certainly here for different reasons..

A-lister

Veteran
I do not play it, I say once again...I just see ESC with different eyes, I have enough problems in my daily life to see ESC as a huge problem with Belarus or smth..
I'm certainly here for different reasons..

I think many here have personal problems, we can still stand up for what's right in the end of the day...

Look, I don't think you're a bad person, but I see you are very quick to "defend" questionable stuff like this and downplaying it by making odd comparisons like "Slovenia sending a right-wing song"? I mean by such comments you kinda laugh at it all

Mrm

Veteran
I think many here have personal problems, we can still stand up for what's right in the end of the day...

Look, I don't think you're a bad person, but I see you are very quick to "defend" questionable stuff like this and downplaying it by making odd comparisons like "Slovenia sending a right-wing song"? I mean by such comments you kinda laugh at it all
Okay, think whatever you want.. xshrug
I know the thruth for myself.. :)

FilipFromSweden

Interesting (screenshot taken a couple of minutes before this post, eurovision.tv)

jhDxUSR.png

FilipFromSweden

Hmm, was it ever updated? How fast are they with updating this generally?
well I'm not sure but the Russian artist is on there and wasn't she chosen yesterday?

Mrm

Veteran
Why that Kazna girl was with Kirkorov both times in Moscow, when they presented Moldovan entry, and at Russian NF?
This band would be there if they represent Belarus IMO..
Who knows..

A-lister

Veteran
well I'm not sure but the Russian artist is on there and wasn't she chosen yesterday?

Yeah, yesterday. I wonder how fast they are with it though, or if the countries' profiles get updated like let's say in 24hrs or something...

I will have to check the upcoming days with the new reveals, if they are added at the same day and still no Belarusian one then I think something is going on ...

Last edited:
Top Bottom