4 4.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Belarus-scaled.jpg

Alaska49

@Alaska49

Did you understand a word in Anastasya Malashkvich's entry? :lol:
i don't think she understood a single word of what she was singing herself and it showed in how much she was laughing. lame legend. xheart

tuorem

I finally listened to the finalists, and here's my ranking:

1. CHAKRAS
2. Anastasia Glamozda - Burning again
3. Anzhelika Pushnova - True Love
4. VAL - Да вiдна
5. Anastasiya Razvadovskaya - Hello
6. KeySi - Chili Pepper
7. Sasha Zakharik - Rocky Road
8. Yan Yarosh - Fire
9. Anastasiya Malashkevich
10. AURA - Барані сваё
11. Daria Khmenlnitskaya - On Fire
12. NAPOLI - Dоn't let me down

I'm not thrilled by any of these songs tbh, although everything - except for NAPOLI - is decent-ish.
CHAKRAS stands out for having no lyrics, it's cute but I'm not really going on a journey like I would like to.
I see potential in "True Love" and the singer's quirkiness, even if the song is not stellar.

Mrm

Veteran
@Citelis

Do you lie Chakras? They have some opera and Disney! :D

LastDreamer

Banned

LastDreamer

Banned
I love Belarus, it's my second favourite country after Lithuania.

Personal highlights :

2009 :

2010 :

2013 :

2017 :

Mrm

Veteran
CHAKRAS are simply wonderful..they threat to beat AURA on my Belarus NF list.. xlove xheart

I think they will shine in Belarus NF, not to mention on Rotterdam stage if chosen, they can be magnificent there.. xheart

Uto

Veteran
Watched all the entries today. Was pleasantly surprised by the overall quality, it was pretty decent. Lot of weak songs melodically, seems to be a theme in other countries as well, but there's a good amount of charm in most of these to make up for that and the production is usually solid.

Songs that I felt were just a waste of time:

Sasha Zakharik​
Rocky Road​
AURA​
Barani svajo​

Songs that are just downright average or I feel it's not possible to mask the downsides to get it to work:
Anastasiya Malashkevich​
Invisible​
CHAKRAS​
La-ley-la​
NAPOLI​
Dоn’t let me down​
Anastasiya Razvadovskaya​
Hello​
Anastasiya Glamozda​
Burning again​
Yan Yaroche​
Fire​

Leaves four of them:

Angelika Pushnova - True Love: Good entry in the genre of the cute simple folk-like songs, but it's severely let down by the lack of progress during the song. It's really just 3 minutes of the same flatness and after about 1,5 minute the initial charm wears off. This is something I feel can be fixed by adding a good deal of storytelling in the performance, but that's a tough ask. This should not win.

KeySi - Chili Pepper: Decent club banger I guess, I don't like it but I've learned not to underestimate the power of this style. Melodically weak though, it's not catchy enough. Also, right now it's in bad shape because the singer doesn't gel with the background vocals, but this is fixable. Lyrics are absolutely stupefying, but I don't think that's much of a problem for this type of song. Big hidden downside to this one is that competition in this genre is usually fierce and this is just going to lose against the better club bangers. Norway has a better one which if chosen is likely to just blow this song apart. Would advise against sending this to Rotterdam.

VAL - Da Vidna: Slow Europop with rather tasty production. Melodically stronger than most of the competition but that's not saying much. The performance right now suffers from an unstable vocal performance which worries me (this is also due to the background singer not being on point btw). Song flows really nicely though, so if they can fix the vocals this should be a pretty solid entry. Also think the singer lacks the required charm which is a red flag, but I've seen that getting turned into a positive before, so I won't go too hard on that. Feel like it's slightly risky to choose this one

Darya Khmelnitskaya - On Fire: Teach her some proper English pronunciation and fix the awful constant weaving in and out of stuff in the backing track and you're left with a song that has pretty fun melodies all over the place and a proper flow to it. It feels over exactly when it's over and everything is in its right place. But it really needs some work, especially the backing track, it's horrible. Just pick this song, hire a Swede to fix the track and you're going to have a good time in Rotterdam.

Last edited:
Top Bottom