4 4.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Belarus-scaled.jpg

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
I didn't comment about this one because I was watching Beovizija and ended up sleeping on the sofa oops nn

In normal conditions, I would give this a 7, but since, thanks to them, the ULTIMATE EVIL was defeated, I'll overscore a bit. :8: from me.

Also, I'll post something positive and negative about it.
P - I didn't really care about it on auditions but I found it more enjoyable on the final. It's a sign it's a grower.
N - Sis obviously stans Samanta so much she showed up she's still breathing by breathing every single time on the mic xheart sis needs to work on that IMMEDIATELY.

At this moment, borderline qualifier at best.

Nemo89

Love this xheart Why people hate? Another song in Belorusian from :by: xheart xheart

Her look needs to be changed tho
You wrote the same thing about the song Ukraine. I have not read all the comments, however, I don’t seem to have seen hateful comments. The Belarusian song, in my personal opinion, is catchy but it's nothing special. Germany, the Czech Republic, Armenia and to a lesser extent Lithuania, Latvia and Ukraine have done much better.

crashworld

Veteran
I watched the 'live' performance of the winning song. I thought it's not bad. It's pretty contemporary for Belarus' standards. The girl can sing. The dance choreography is simple yet effective. I give this a 6. I think it does require a revamp. I need to listen to the studio version.

I just watched the performances for the favourites (ie. Chakras and Keysi). God, I am glad they aren't selected.
The former is just basically a wailing affair (visually on point, but how would you consider that as a song?).
The latter, while an energetic performance, but I don't know what she is singing despite singing in English and it's borderline dated eurotrash that is done like in the early 2000s and we are pretty much pass that.

As for the jury winner, it's not bad. But his English diction is pretty bad even though he's cute. I still prefer Val.

Val's song may not be catchy, but I think the overall package is pretty sleek and modern. And they got 2nd in both the jury and televotes. So I wouldn't say it's a bad winner. If they are able to improve the staging and perhaps with a good revamp, they could potentially do well. I wouldn't write off their chances.

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I don't have the show to watch back to confirm, but it was two of the three foreign judges that gave CHAKRAS top points, and one of them was grilled in what I felt like was quite an uncomfortable way. The guy with the glasses. He gave VAL's song 1 point, and then followed five minutes of back and forth between the host and jury member that I couldn't entirely make out because of the translator talking over the top of them, but the host seemed irritated. That and the fact VAL's song was playing on an advert during every commercial break. Feels quite classic Belarus xcoffee

crashworld

Veteran
Found Val's song on Spotify. I actually like the studio form, a revamp could help elevate the song. And surprisingly, it is currently in my top 3 entries for this year so far.

Mrm

Veteran
OMG CHAKRAS' instagram story after the final, singing "Da vidna" in some club and wishing the VAL good luck in Rotterdam!! xheart xbow

VikingTiger

Hmmm.. not sure what to think of this. It's great to have another non-english song! And another up-beat entry.
Not very keen on stage show, including the choreography and the voice. I have just heard it once so far - my first impression wasn't too good. But with a little work this might not be so bad after all.

mauve

Veteran
Sorry, I don't like the entry at all. It feels hollow to me. There were a few in this section that I liked so much more. Can't give more than 2 pts now. Maybe it will grow on me, but I doubt it. :(

ESC94

I give this song :3:. It´s great they´re singing in Belarusian, but otherwise I feel very bored by this song. And two minutes after the end the only thing I can still remember is this strange choreography with their arms that reminds me of this awkward entertaining progams in holiday resorts in Southern Europe . xshrug

RevNet

THE GOOD:
-I like the R&B sound that this has overall.
-It's somewhat memorable.

THE BAD:
-It gets a bit boring in parts.
-If they were going for a danceable beat, it's not quite there for me.

THE VERDICT:
I like this new direction that Belarus has taken with this entry. Is it memorable like NAVIBAND's entry in 2017? No, but it is a pretty good song on its own. With the right staging, this entry could sneak into the Final. 8 points

Top Bottom