4 4.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Belarus-scaled.jpg

Fluke

Just send Ivan or Teo again! :rolleyes:

Kaz

Bringing back this gem from their selection which Alekseev totally did not rig!

Loindici

Veteran

Alaska49

when wasn't belarus an internal selection tbh lol

Loindici

Veteran
Voted for Zena at the Best Entries post!

A-lister

Veteran
Naviband' new song Galileo (Two People) :)

Nice song, they are without the best entrant Belarus sent to Eurovision so far ... what's with the country's obsession with Galileo though? :lol:

Hope for another more authentic entry in 2020 after the painful 2019 entry and the 2018 one...

Realest

Zena was the best belarussian Entry this Decade by far.

tuorem

Fair winner. "Story Of My Life" never was my cup of tea for some reason, but I did appreciate it was sung in Belarusian. I liked NAVIBAND's energy on stage and overall it was a strong package. Putting my taste aside, it was the most obvious Belarusian highlight this decade I think. :)

To me, Belarus have sent this, that and the other in the past ten years: they're unpredictable for better or for worse.

My top 2 is a tie: I love our urban girl ZENA, she killed it in Tel Aviv and I can't get enough of "Like It". xheart However, I feel the need to reiterate my fondness for our patriotic chick Anastasia and her anthem "I Love Belarus" :D (those Dulcimer solos always get me!). I'm going to pretend I didn't see it ranked second to last in the team's ranking, which is not okay at all. As a result, I voted for Anastasia's jam in retaliation. :mrgreen:

Thank you mister [MENTION=4371]Sean[/MENTION] xrose for giving credit to TEO for the jam that was "Cheesecake": it was fun, well-performed and different from the rest of the competition. I wasn't surprised one bit that they qualified and then did rather well in the final (while performing second). It's actually my third favourite Belarusian entry.

Special mention to Uzari's "Time": a nice track with no staging... Such a wasted potential tbh.

The rest didn't light my fire:
-"Butterflies" was a no for me. I occasionally like me some cheese, but this cheese was too strong for my liking :lol:
-"We Are The Heroes" was a total non-event.
-I've always been on the fence regarding "Solayoh", it's cute and catchy but at the same referring to a Eurovision era I don't like.
-"Help You Fly" was musically and visually overcooked for its own good: the Belarusian "You Are The Only One".
-"Forever" was too repetitive musically and creepy as hell visually imo.

To sum up, I have mixed feelings about Belarus's track record: a handful of great songs and too many efforts that left me cold. xthink

Sean

Admin
Staff member
[MENTION=9195]tuorem[/MENTION] no problem. It was like banging my head against a brick wall here in 2014 when nobody could appreciate this gem

Mainshow

Veteran
Belarus had a few enjoyable entries which made it into my Top 10 this decade (2013, 2014, 2017) whilst I absolutely adore "Forever" by ALEKSEEV. I'm glad Belarus/Eurovision introduced me to this amazing talent. I bought all EPs and his two studio albums on iTunes. Love his voice xheart

Loindici

Veteran
Will Belarus do a internal selection that looks like an internal selection this time?

Mrm

Veteran
[MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION]

Dear Mr President has visited Belgrade few days ago!

I wrote him a short request letter:

Dear Mr President,

Please, pick the LEGEND Elena Sinyavskaya for Rotterdam 2020 Eurovision edition, internally!
Thank you so very much!

We are waiting for the response and the final outcome patiently now, with the hope our request will be satisfied.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
[MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION]

Dear Mr President has visited Belgrade few days ago!

I wrote him a short request letter:

Dear Mr President,

Please, pick the LEGEND Elena Sinyavskaya for Rotterdam 2020 Eurovision edition, internally!
Thank you so very much!

We are waiting for the response and the final outcome patiently now, with the hope our request will be satisfied.

It’s the right thing to do so long as Mariah Gregory isn’t available. If she is then it’s going to have to be a duet between the pair of them.

tuorem

It’s the right thing to do so long as Mariah Gregory isn’t available. If she is then it’s going to have to be a duet between the pair of them.

I loved ZENA so I can't complain about the outcome, but Mariah deserved at the very least to make it to the final show :( What a robbery!

Mrm

Veteran

Just be patient..

1) Elena Sinyavskya in Rotterdam
2) ESC 2021 in Minsk
3) Mariah Gregory, Belarus 2021 on homeground

xlove xheart

Top Bottom