4 4.0%

4 4.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Belarus-scaled.jpg

Uto

Veteran
It was EPIC and soooo different. It was ART. And the juries killed it and Belarus got a song that won't qualify in ESC, despite the people placing CHAKRAS in 1st position :(

The staging was fab. Goosebumps all over. This really could have won Eurovision.

People always ask for something new and innovative in Eurovision instead of generic songs. Well, here it was...........

I'll enjoy this performace for a looong time. Hope it will be on Spotify at some point? :unsure:
Yeah I had the problem that my mind is never going to be the same watching stuff like this. Vidbir had Katya Chilly with Pich and that was just CHAKRAS on another level.

Chrisiam

I've not been following the selection process as intently as others in this thread, so I am really just going off the footage of her performance at what I presume is the finals and go from there.

If I am perfectly honest, and I'd hate to say this but, I don't like it, its kind of baffling in a way; the song itself feels at odds with how she is performing it. The song itself feels like it needs a mellower, smoother, moodier kind of voice to it, something that whilst it is kind of sassy and confident, it isn't cocky, almost a femme fatale kind of deal. This performance feels like it is intended for a far poppier song that this, a song more like their entry last year, or the entries from Cyprus and Malta of that same year; its a powerful, confident, party pop sounding vocal that sits in a sharp contrast to the music. If that makes sense.

The clash between the two doesn't land for me so I find myself not enjoying this song as much as I should; from a pure musical stand point, with a better vocal this would be right up my alley but as it stands? Sorry, no.

But, that was the live performance, likely some time after it was announced she won so it just might be because of how exited she is and they can always work on the vocals. And hell, maybe the studio version will sound more harmonious. But until that happens, I am afraid its a 3 from me.

CPV4931

I supported "Ture Love" and "Chili Pepper" in this NF so I am am bit disappointed by the results. But in the end when the desision was between VAL and Yan Yarosh I was glad, that at least VAL won. 6 points from me.

Jonaxh

I didn't follow the belarusian NF, never heard the songs. I watched Val, the winner, and it's a good song, nothing special but listenable. Then I saw your comments about someone named Chakras... Well let's see whats this... And oh boy... This is perfection! How could Belarus let such a gem go?? I don't understand... I felt it was an homage to nature, an anthem to mother nature in it's pure essence... Chakras would have been my nº1 for sure! It's not fair... :mad::mad::mad:

Alaska49

why are juries the dumbest?

anyway, VAL is pretty good. who doesn't lovr a wig of beads? 7 points.

Mrm

Veteran
I have just checked Chaktras and I have to say I’m sooooo sad..this would be EPIC for ESC…this is a HUGE mistake, not a huge, but HUGEEEEE!! xcry
I love VAL, but this was incredible, that vocal harmony, visuals, dresses, lights, Olena Uutai (maybe only the horse sounds were too much, ONLY that)! I’m speechless.. :(

FilipFromSweden

Televote favorite: this might be the worst thing that has ever happened to my ears

Jury favorite: it's good but a bit too unworked

Winner: good vibes, could be really elevated in May.

:5: for now

Loindici

Veteran
VAL is a good and safe choice. After thinking of many things, this is already daring enough for being a Belarusian pop song. And as much as I love CHAKRAS, their lack of lyrics could be a problem for internarional juries ("Where's the lyrics? Am I really listening to a song!?")

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Yeah this jury vote, man... as if we needed more reason to purge international juries from NFs all over the euroverse.

"Fire" wasn't even that bad lol. This was a very good NF and Yan is my second least favourite by default. If he had won, he would've been a 4, which a mark i reserve to songs i'm mostly meh on. A bad winner amongst this crop and one who would've conformed to the midtempo male-fronted mediocrities that have been clogging up the lower parts of each of our rankings. The last thing this contest needs is another Tom Lame.

Thus, I am absolutely baffled by the Cantiello Effect that compelled the jury (including William Lee Adams????) to reward anything with a penis (thus, Yan and half of VAL), over the myriad of wonderful, show-stopping trash angels that would've taken ESC by STORM. It's not even that Yan was their fave - he Cesar'd it, simply by being the lowest common (male) denominator out there.

I am less annoyed that the Chakras lost. Ley-la-ley is transcendental ASMR. It is a more accessible 'Pich'. It is not for everyone. But Chilly Pepper was right there, providing us with a banger better than "Me tana" (mhm I went there). The infectuously cheerful "True love" was right there. Hell, even Anastasia, with her Sandeman-sponsored outfit and melovinese diction ("A measly ball" holy cackles) would've been an iconic rep.

However, disappointing as these results were, I do think the winners were good. VAL were weird in that, in a SF that where everybody absolutely *OUTSOLD* themselves during live performance ("Rocky Road" was good. Like... what?), "Da vedna" weirdly undersold itself, despite arguably being the best song. I don't blame VAL for this tbh. The composition has legs and there's plenty of time to mold the staging into something more show-stopping.

Tonight's show was a positive shock to many, but there would've been no guarantee that Belarus would have been capable of recreating the same levels of shock and wonder in Rotterdam. Chakras probably would've Conan'd themselves into an unceremonious exit. The juries wouldn't even need to see the "06. Belarus" chyron to chuck Chilly Pepper into the bin. In the end, Belarus chose for the best song, which as a base is probably the best they can work from.

I harbour no delusions about VAL's chances. I don't think they'll qualify, but I don't think they are chanceless either. At worst, the role they are fulfilling is that of inherently likable, interesting, pleasant death fodder and in a semi as competitive as the first one, their presence is definitely needed as a tension defuser. It is that role which might endear them to an audience, I think. 'finally something would any built in pressure'. Perhaps I'm wrong and they qualify after all and someone else (Cyprus? Belgium?) is left in the dust instead.

Don't sleep on them. I don't. Neither should you.

I'm sticking with :8: points.

Last edited:

Mrm

Veteran
AURA was great vocally! Kudos! I loved this, bagpipes are my thing :D..this NF wasn’t bad at all..

Mrm

Veteran
VAL has very good lyrics...but at times they don't fit imo in this music, outfit and visuals...I dunno..
I gave 12 in the poll in the end, tho.. :)

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
And I'm not feeling any better yet.............................

If it wouldn't have won the televote I would've been more willing to move on, sth like "Belarusian public is found tasteless and cancelled once again", but it's really tragic to see again an International jury just intentionally sabotaging a country. Sigh. Also, who thought William and Zena are jury material. xpunish

Loindici

Veteran
Yeah this jury vote, man... as if we needed more reason to purge international juries from NFs all over the euroverse.

"Fire" wasn't even that bad lol. This was a very good NF and Yan is my second least favourite by default. If he had won, he would've been a 4, which a mark i reserve to songs i'm mostly meh on. A bad winner amongst this crop and one who would've conformed to the midtempo male-fronted mediocrities that have been clogging up the lower parts of each of our rankings. The last thing this contest needs is another Tom Lame.

Thus, I am absolutely baffled by the Cantiello Effect that compelled the jury (including William Lee Adams????) to reward anything with a penis (thus, Yan and half of VAL), over the myriad of wonderful, show-stopping trash angels that would've taken ESC by STORM. It's not even that Yan was their fave - he Cesar'd it, simply by being the lowest common (male) denominator out there.

I am less annoyed that the Chakras lost. Ley-la-ley is transcendental ASMR. It is a more accessible 'Pich'. It is not for everyone. But Chilly Pepper was right there, providing us with a banger better than "Me tana" (mhm I went there). The infectuously cheerful "True love" was right there. Hell, even Anastasia, with her Sandeman-sponsored outfit and melovinese diction ("A measly ball" holy cackles) would've been an iconic rep.

However, disappointing as these results were, I do think the winners were good. VAL were weird in that, in a SF that where everybody absolutely *OUTSOLD* themselves during live performance ("Rocky Road" was good. Like... what?), "Da vedna" weirdly undersold itself, despite arguably being the best song. I don't blame VAL for this tbh. The composition has legs and there's plenty of time to mold the staging into something more show-stopping.

Tonight's show was a positive shock to many, but there would've been no guarantee that Belarus would have been capable of recreating the same levels of shock and wonder in Rotterdam. Chakras probably would've Conan'd themselves into an unceremonious exit. The juries wouldn't even need to see the "06. Belarus" chyron to chuck Chilly Pepper into the bin. In the end, Belarus chose for the best song, which as a base is probably the best they can work from.

I harbour no delusions about VAL's chances. I don't think they'll qualify, but I don't think they are chanceless either. At worst, the role they are fulfilling is that of inherently likable, interesting, pleasant death fodder and in a semi as competitive as the first one, their presence is definitely needed as a tension defuser. It is that role which might endear them to an audience, I think. 'finally something would any built in pressure'. Perhaps I'm wrong and they qualify after all and someone else (Cyprus? Belgium?) is left in the dust instead.

Don't sleep on them. I don't. Neither should you.

I'm sticking with :8: points.

"They won't qualify, a death fodder filler... 8 points!" Is the reason I hate your honesty while at the same time I love them xheart

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
If it wouldn't have won the televote I would've been more willing to move on, sth like "Belarusian public is found tasteless and cancelled once again", but it's really tragic to see again an International jury just intentionally sabotaging a country. Sigh. Also, who thought William and Zena are jury material. xpunish

I agree. So sorry for Belarus actually. This is what they want and they had a chance to get a really good result...xmad

BorisBubbles

Veteran
"They won't qualify, a death fodder filler... 8 points!" Is the reason I hate your honesty while at the same time I love them xheart
Oh I looooove hopeless fodder entries and always give them a ridiculous amount of points compared to what they are. There's just something so endearing about inept amateurs that have no logical chance to Q xheart wlu Aarzemnieki, Lidia Isac, Leonor Andrade, Bledar & Adrian, fusedmarc, Shin & Mariko, Suzy, etc...

This does not fully apply to VAL tho lol. I really like "De vidna" in itself, but I also think it will find itself outclassed by many (read: more than 9) entries once every participant has been revealed. They probably qualify in the other semi. In this one, though... unfortunate draw, I'm afraid.

Top Bottom