Administrator
Belarus-scaled.jpg

vavera4ka

I have a love/hate relationship with this NF
LOVED the format and production.
LOVED the international jury
HATED that jury cancelled Chakras.
LOVED the hair and waltz rhythm of Yan's song
HATED the idea of him going RIGHT after Duncan win.

Val gave me Vidbir vibes, so I'm not mad. It's in Belarusian, it's catchy, it's stylish.
It's probably DNQ in the semi of death, but I'm not mad at it and I won't be embarrassed for my country come May.
A lot more positives about this whole thing than negatives. I'm lowkey proud of this NF. Good job BTRK.

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
I have to wait until tomorrow before I rank it. I wanna give it 0, because CHAKRAS was 1.000.000 times better than this.

We'll see tomorrow. I'm really sad now :cry: At least they could've send Chili Pepper, but no.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Another good thing about Val that it's not a carbon copy of something we saw recently. It's not Zena 2.0... it's not Duncan beta version, it's not a woman singing at the top of her lungs 5.0... it's not a Love is Forever 2.0
Yeah, it's so beige that can't even be compared to something else. Too average to be a MF reject. Even Denmark has stronger songs this year...

Realest

Its enjoyable but not competitive. 6 Points.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I didn't have a clear favorite for this NF. For someone who rarely pay attention to lyrics I was actually bothered by the lack of them in CHAKRA's song, something was missing.
True Love was the studio version I liked the most but I was disappointed with the live performance, she seemed breathless.
At first I didn't think much about Da Vidna... but I like it ? I'm glad they sang in Belarussian, it's a nice uptempo song even though I prefer the acoustic version someone posted a few days ago. I give it a :7: for now but it has the potential to grow on me.

Uto

Veteran
I just want to have a word about the whole show. It was simply fantastic. There was an intro, then there were blocks of 3 songs with some commercials in between. Not a lot of time was wasted talking about crap or whatever. It was just the show, a bit of voting and then it was done. Twelve songs in two hours. Thoroughly entertaining. Good stage, good crowd, nice loose style of presenting. Absolutely fine. If I had to give the organizers a mark it would be at least a solid 8/10.

What also really helped is that the quality and variety of the songs was pretty decent. Couple of duds, but nothing that was close to being below the bar you would set for something like this. Very good job.

Last edited:

NikolaiMoller

Veteran

It was EPIC and soooo different. It was ART. And the juries killed it and Belarus got a song that won't qualify in ESC, despite the people placing CHAKRAS in 1st position :(

The staging was fab. Goosebumps all over. This really could have won Eurovision.

People always ask for something new and innovative in Eurovision instead of generic songs. Well, here it was...........

I'll enjoy this performace for a looong time. Hope it will be on Spotify at some point? :unsure:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
I can't wait to see whichever artist bought ad space during the show win tonight x-hat

I WARNED EVERY SINGLE ONE OF Y'ALL. Y'ALL NOT BELIEVING ME IS A YOU PROBLEM, NOT A ME PROBLEM.

Kidding, it's also a me problem, what a missed set of opportunities, a generous 5 points.

marty

it is a nice song but not sure if it can make it to the final. i give 5 points.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
The 12 option in the poll, talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, showstopping

Mrm

Veteran
Noooooooooooooo!! :(
My first reaction, without seeing performance and just so sad for Chakras..

Second reaction wont be like that.. But still.. xcry

Top Bottom