18 9.3%

12 6.2%

14 7.2%

16 8.2%

10 5.2%

39 20.1%

• Total voters

ESCKerli

This is one hell of a cringefest. I love it. I cackled so loud throughout the entire performance. Jesus, I was not prepared for that. This is definitely going down as one of the most legendary eurovision memes of 2018. I'm talking about Croatia 2017 potential here.

Kairit

Every dream I didn't even know I had is coming true. I'll vote for this in the semi xfaint

vavera4ka

I am talking about the rehearsal yesterday. He doesn't hit his high notes correctly at all. Or maybe my ears are not correct. :confused:
so am I. From what I heard on a low-ish volume in the live feed he was in tune 95% of the time. 3d run through was the best vocally and he hit everything. MAYBE 3-4 flat notes.
I still don't like his voice, personally, and mannerisms... but pitch wise he was on point.

mauve

Veteran
Just saw the video of the second rehearsal. REALLY? A red rose? And his voice didn't improve a bit. I am a fan of his original video, but live? No thank you.

aef

Haha I have absolutely no words for this... :lol: That rose part :lol: :lol: And they didn't even show us the most cringeworthy parts

revallsay

I love the rose, it looks amazing. And I love that he gives it to the camera operator and camera operator gives it to the dancer xheart It's never been seen before, has it?

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
rooting for it to qualify just because it's completely OTT

but tbh it's either croatia 2017 and going to finals thanks to televoting or belarus 2016 being borderline nq

Iker

Veteran
rooting for it to qualify just because it's completely OTT

but tbh it's either croatia 2017 and going to finals thanks to televoting or belarus 2016 being borderline nq

He's more creepy than cute. I think it has NQ written all over it. I don't think the song is bad though.

vavera4ka

i'm just curious lol
Ukraine brings coffin/piano and is being literal by burning the stairs (well not ladder, but close enough) and it "omg Ukraine always brings great show"
Belarus goes for metaphor/allegory and "this is ridiculous, LMFAO"
had the acts been reversed, Belarus would be slammed for silly coffin an d Ukraine praised for an artsy show. (ETA I enjoy both shows it's just funny how reputation works for and against a country)

btw, not sure if they talked about it in any press events, but the guy behind the show talked about his vision.
Basically love is a part of us, we are made of love. rose is the representation of that love. The guy gives a part of himself to a girl (he's made of roses in the end, not "overtaken by the disease after being shot with the rose lol). She at first is excited, but then, "shit happens" and she throws that love back at him by shooting and wounding him.
In the end though it shows that even though he gave part of himself away, and then "blew up" with pain and devastation of lost love he still has more to give...

CaraMia

Is Alekseev depressed or something? During the blue carpet ceremony he was too serious and monotonous in his answers. Is he usually like this? Is this a normal way for a person from Belarus to answer in interviews? I don't know, but I felt a certain sadness in him. I laughed with those "Support me" requests but that was it. I expected him to smile more.

EscGeek

Veteran
Is Alekseev depressed or something? During the blue carpet ceremony he was too serious and monotonous in his answers. Is he usually like this? Is this a normal way for a person from Belarus to answer in interviews? I don't know, but I felt a certain sadness in him. I laughed with those "Support me" requests but that was it. I expected him to smile more.

maybe he's just an introvert

CaraMia

maybe he's just an introvert

Hum, maybe. But I have the impression that he was not like in other videos where I've seen him. He didn't seem shy, bored or tired of social settings. He really seemed sad to me. But well, maybe it's me and I have to stop trying to read what other people are feeling. :lol:

vavera4ka

I think it is introversion. Didn't he say that he doesn't like parties, clubs etc? Or was it Melovin?
I get those two Ukranian guys confused lol at least in this sense: they are both not into crowds and partying, or at least they say so...

Milos-BC

There are some parts that I like but overall, it's quite messy and it sounds very cheap. Final? Maybe but not that likely.

3 points.

Ant

If you look at when he was on The Voice, he was like a completely different person (both in personality and looks!). Saying that, Forever is my favourite entry this year. I just adore it. I'm not keen on the staging, but I'm going to be gutted tomorrow if he doesn't qualify (and I have a feeling he won't :(!).

Top Bottom